Inaugural Intensive Deck Study (IDS) Support Thread

thorhammer

I loved the idea (whoever's it was :D) of changing my avatar to reflect my deck . . . but my deck, beautiful as it is, just doesn't have images conducive to avatars :( so I've got the cardback as mine. I rather like it, after all . . . :)

I'm needing a bit of help here, guys. I've been madly reading the companion book for my deck (at traffic lights, over breakfast, which is eaten afoot :D, that sort of thing) and anything else I can get my hands on as preparation for the IDS, as that's the way I want to go into it, ready and rearing to go! But the WoC-bashing thread has dented my confidence a bit, and the book repeats itself ad nauseum on some points which is becoming tedious and making me less excited about reading it, and I'm finding myself appreciating the creator's symbolism in the cards I don't like more so than the cards I do like.

Basically, I'm getting cold feet. Wedding jitters :D.

I need a hug :( . . . anyone?

\m/ Kat

sapienza

BIG HUG :)

Ok, take some deep breaths.

Firstly, no more going anywhere near the WoC bashing thread (I didn't know such a thing existed by the way).

Secondly, I remember reading your earlier posts about how excited you were about this deck. Try to remember what you LOVE about it (homework.... write down ten things you love about this deck, either post here or just on a piece of paper, but do write them down so you can look at them whenever you get scared).

Thirdly, it is normal to have cold feet. Last night I too was ready to pull out before I even started. If you pull out then you'll no doubt have these same feelings about any deck you put your hands on. These issues we have (ie. certain cards, companion books...etc) are just our little challenges to help us really get to know the deck. It's like when you first meet someone and start going out and they are so wonderful because you are all....in love....! But then they move in, drop their dirty clothes on the floor, leave the toilet seat up, watch too much TV.....but you still love them. It's just about getting to know them a bit better, getting through the teething problems and then settling into the 'job' of a long term relationship. So that's what it will be like for us on this ISG.

Sorry Kat, I'm absolutely rambling on. Just want you to know you have support here.

WolfSpirit

(((Kat))))

Maybe now is a good time to drop all reading material for now and look at the cards again...and what they are telling YOU...
Forget about the book or the comments of others - this is about you and your connection with the deck. Make it your own.

(unless of course you find you absolutely hate it)

Sonic

edited:

Completely forgot-I'm traveling for work many weeks this month. There is no way I could keep up!

Please withdraw the request. Thanks and have fun guys.

thorhammer

sapienza said:
BIG HUG :)

Ok, take some deep breaths.

Firstly, no more going anywhere near the WoC bashing thread (I didn't know such a thing existed by the way).
Okay. I won't go near it. It wasn't constructive to me anyhow . . .
sapienza said:
Secondly, I remember reading your earlier posts about how excited you were about this deck. Try to remember what you LOVE about it (homework.... write down ten things you love about this deck, either post here or just on a piece of paper, but do write them down so you can look at them whenever you get scared).
Perfect! I'll just type up the two readings I've just done (last of the Last Hurrah readings! Hurrah! indeed!) and then I'll get on that! Hmm, late night for Kat :)
sapienza said:
Thirdly, it is normal to have cold feet. Last night I too was ready to pull out before I even started. If you pull out then you'll no doubt have these same feelings about any deck you put your hands on. These issues we have (ie. certain cards, companion books...etc) are just our little challenges to help us really get to know the deck. It's like when you first meet someone and start going out and they are so wonderful because you are all....in love....! But then they move in, drop their dirty clothes on the floor, leave the toilet seat up, watch too much TV.....but you still love them. It's just about getting to know them a bit better, getting through the teething problems and then settling into the 'job' of a long term relationship. So that's what it will be like for us on this ISG.

Sorry Kat, I'm absolutely rambling on. Just want you to know you have support here.
No rambling! You're doing exactly what I needed! Thankyou so much :heart: And my real-life romance is paralleling that to a T! But there's no way I'm going to drop that . . . or my deck. Thankyou so much :)
WolfSpirit said:
(((Kat))))

Maybe now is a good time to drop all reading material for now and look at the cards again...and what they are telling YOU...
Forget about the book or the comments of others - this is about you and your connection with the deck. Make it your own.

(unless of course you find you absolutely hate it)
ROFL! Nooo! I don't hate it! Just some days it seems like a stranger to me! I don't know yet who has this deck and who hasn't but you're not allowed to look at it anyway :laugh:! So anyway, it has pips. But they're not unillustrated - just none have humans in them. They're all scenic and sometimes it's hard to see what suit they are (except for the damn border - honestly! Red for Cups?:confused:) but it's even harder to a) tie any sort of traditional meaning to them and b) get a sequence going through a suit. It's very difficult to get a handle on what's going on here. Maybe I'm just really stupid. I might get it one day *shrugs* who knows? But I'm damn well going to try!

Sonic, you're in.

\m/ Kat

bleuivy

Oh no, Kat! Listen to what others have said! Don't go near the WoC bashing thread at all over the course of the IDS! Just do not do it!

Also, I love the WoC, but I've discovered that, for me, the book is best taken in small doses. Read a card or two a day. When I work the most productively with the book, I read the sections on the card I pull for that day, and maybe one other card to learn its meaning, and that's it. Too much of the book and I begin seeing the book instead of the cards, if that makes sense.

Also, if you have any issues with the WoC (a lack of love for it all of a sudden, cold feet, whatever), LET ME KNOW! The WoC is one of my all time favorite decks, so I will be happy to do what I can to raise your enthusiasm for it.

MysticalMoose

I have been on taroteca & copied all the cards scans for the Llewellyn & made a folder on my desktop & am using it for my screensaver so I can just sit there & watch the images change in front of me & just enjoy them. Ive found myself noticing lots of new things about each card. :) I am going to enjoy this! :D

sapienza

I'm pleased you are feeling better about your deck Kat. I don't have it but I've looked at the scans on-line and it does look like a vibrant and exciting deck. Don't get too hung up on what it's all supposed to mean....just go with the flow and start getting a sense of what it means to you.

Also, what a fabulous offer from bleuivy. Now whenever you feel a bit unsure you can just call on her for a re-enabling! I also think her advice about taking the book in small doses is great. Just start with baby steps :D

kwesifriends

MysticalMoose said:
I have been on taroteca & copied all the cards scans for the Llewellyn & made a folder on my desktop & am using it for my screensaver so I can just sit there & watch the images change in front of me & just enjoy them. Ive found myself noticing lots of new things about each card. :) I am going to enjoy this! :D

It's a good idea maybe I'll try it also copying all the image at taroteca. Thanks a lot for the suggestion!