Inaugural Intensive Deck Study (IDS) Support Thread

MareSaturni

My pledge for the IDS

~ From today, March 27th, to June 27th i'll only read tarot using my Tarot de Marseilles. In this moment i have only one version of this deck (Universal TdM), but as i know other two are arriving, i'll allow myself to be open in this aspect - i can use any Marseilles, but JUST Marseilles. No RWS, no Mythic, no nothing!

~ I'll use books related to Marseilles, and general tarot books, if needed. Bu it'll also try to read the cards without relying on books too much.

~ As for oracle decks, once i finish the three Moon Oracle readings i offered, i'll only use The Playing Card Oracles during the three months. It's a deck that share some of the Marseilles characteristics, and will be a good oracle friend to it :)

~ I will...really WILL...read for other people. I will, i will, i will! And i'll not have a coronary just because something went wrong! Humph! I'm going to be brave!

~ I'll try to journal, though i don't know very well how to start this. I have one...old notebook...in which i write down some of my tarot readings and my Playing Card Oracles studies. But i'll have to find a new notebook and dedicate it to Marseilles only.

~ I'll try to improve my abilities using the Camoin Method now and then.

~ All non-Marseilles decks that arrive will be handled with the purposes of checking quality and completeness. Then they will be put in my tarot drawer and forgotten until i have completed the ISD.

...and that's it!

Now i hope i can really do this. The most difficult part will be reading for others with a deck i'm just starting to know better...but really, i must stop living in a bubble and show my tarot reader face to the world.

Wish me luck :D

:love:

mosaica

Marina, you are tempting me with your IDS! I had to click on that Camoin method link, and then peek at the cards, too. The Marseille will be my next one.... Enjoy! Good luck!

rwcarter

sapienza said:
But however I go with this, I feel good about having finally shifted my focus from 'talking about' tarot to 'working with' tarot again......
That perfectly sums up a point that I forgot to add to my thanks to Kat post - I don't think I've used the same tarot deck 8 days in a row since I first picked up the Mythic Tarot in 1992....

Rodney

Essjay

lilith_in_tree said:
Essjay, welcome! I'm also using the VR--I think you'll find that your study with it will be very rewarding :D
And sapienza, I'll echo the others and say don't be too hard on yourself--we're in the early going here, and it can be difficult to adjust if you've gotten used to using more than one deck. Beating yourself up won't help you at all, be gentle with yourself.
I also slacked a bit yesterday--I didn't do my journalling for the day because I was immersed in my other writing. But I'm figuring it's all to the good, because the studying and the writing feed off of each other and doing one seems to benefit the other for me. It's been so interesting--I think looking closely at a card and writing as much as I can about it has really made everything else in my life more interesting to me, and available to my other writing--seeing the details in the cards, and finding what is relevant to me there, makes me see the details in everything else, and everything else becomes relevant to my work. I don't know if that made any sense :laugh: but to sum up, I'm in a good place!

Hi! Glad I'm not alone with my choice! :)

The VR was my first favourite deck and I allowed others to intervene - very good decks but I had been making progress and then lost focus . I'm really excited about getting back into this deck and learning more.

Promise

I'm alive!

Although sick as a dog and quite miserable at the moment, I am in fact alive, and I am still plugging along with my BG. All this cough syrup has made my head woozy, so I haven't been doing readings so much as just studying the cards and writing my own little sort of narrative stories about them.

I started off doing daily draws, but they just never made sense! They never seemed to fit anything, and I was getting bogged down and stressed out trying to force them to fit, so I think once I get better, I'm going to just do a weekly spread and see what happens. I figure it can't hurt to try.

I'll try to check in more often. You guys are all doing great!

Knight of Wands

HOW on earth have I managed to lose a card for my Druidcraft?!?!

The Princess of Pentacles - one of my favourite cards too :(

Nina*

Knight of Wands said:
HOW on earth have I managed to lose a card for my Druidcraft?!?!

The Princess of Pentacles - one of my favourite cards too :(
OMG, (((((Jim)))))

It HAS to be somewhere though..... search!!!!

rwcarter

Knight of Wands, she's probably hiding from you to show you that there's some lesson you haven't learned from her yet. Once you figure out what that is, I wouldn't be surprised if she appeared back in the deck where she was last time you saw her....

Promise, were you doing your daily draws at the beginning of the day (or like I do - the night before for the next day) or at the end of the day? If the former, you should try the latter. You might also try asking a different question.

Rodney

Open Arms

Faolainn Storm said:
And I used Umbrae’s method for “preparing” a deck. I was terrified, but am now so happy. It is a terribly frightening thing to do to a $100+ deck, but really is worth it.

Faolainn Storm

Your a braver man than I Gunga Din!!

I wouldn't DARE soften my TOD like that...but now I know someone else has done it...after the IDS is over and I can get them out again...look out table...here they come!!

I must admit...I have been really good with not playing/touching/using my other decks...I just haven't had the time to journal as much as I have had my kids home on school holidays this week. Next week they are off to their dad's for his share of the hols so I will be able to trance down and dig deeper once they have gone.

PS - I am going to a rather naughty party next week (ie where you dress in lingerie ONLY - he he he) and I will have to leave my deck at home... do I get a pass for that Kat??? Or do I have to shove my VRG down my bra???

Promise

Open Arms said:
PS - I am going to a rather naughty party next week (ie where you dress in lingerie ONLY - he he he) and I will have to leave my deck at home... do I get a pass for that Kat??? Or do I have to shove my VRG down my bra???

*snickers*

Oh, I can see the papercuts now!