Inaugural Intensive Deck Study (IDS) Support Thread

raventepes

Yeah...

I think at this point in time, the only deck I'd want to do this with is the Wormweird. But clientel-wise, that wouldn't be the best deck to use...

Promise

It certainly isn't too late to join in! We welcome anyone to pop in at any time. The more the merrier, I say.

Kat, I'm sure you can't be going any slower than I am. Daily draws weren't working for me either, so I'm just doing 3-card spreads when I feel I need them and going from there. At this point, I have no method to my madness...just a bunch of madness!

I spend a lot of time just shuffling and sitting with my cards, looking through them and really INTO them; I focus on a lot of details, or the way a speck of color makes me feel, I look at facial expressions and backgrounds. All in all, I feel like I'm getting a lot out of this, even with all my spontaneous madness.

thorhammer

Great post, Rodney :) I like your bullet points - you've summed it up well. Each of us is responsible to ourselves to demand what we are capable of.
rwcarter said:
About to do my daily draw. Kat, sorry to hear that dailies still aren't working for you. Hopefully you have better luck with the 3 card every 3 days draw.
Oh, it's okay, mate, I'm just tossing things out there to see if they work. I'm not getting too caught up in it, as I tend to become very anally-retentive very quickly and it's the fastest road to quitting :rolleyes: so I don't want to do it here. So I'm allowing it to flow for me :D. At least, that's the idea . . .
sapienza said:
Thanks again Kat for getting it up and running - you've done a lot of work and I'm sure I speak for everyone in saying that we really appreciate it :heart: :heart: :heart:
Work? What work? *looks around* Meh. Thanks so much for the . . . er, thanks :D . . . but it's not necessary, really :). I'm just glad there are people enjoying it and getting rewards out of their application :).
raventepes said:
Honestly, I just trying to understand the purpous behind it. I'm interested in it, so please don't get me wrong about that. The feedback I've gotten from my first post helped out out a lot, and I thank the contributors for it. Perhaps next go-round I'll try it myself.
My apologies, I must have taken your post the wrong way. Of course, anyone who wants to join in is most welcome :) . . . I just got a bit defensive because I'm copping crap IRL for doing it, and didn't want to come to our support thread and have to defend myself!:laugh: Sorry, again :)

Mind you, the Wormweird would be an . . . interesting :D . . . choice of deck for three exclusive months! You might have a somewhat different take on life by the end of it :laugh:!
Promise said:
Kat, I'm sure you can't be going any slower than I am. Daily draws weren't working for me either, so I'm just doing 3-card spreads when I feel I need them and going from there. At this point, I have no method to my madness...just a bunch of madness!
Hee hee hee! I know just what you mean! At this point, I'm throwing all the *rules* about reading and studying Tarot to the four winds . . . whatever wants to come back will :D and good riddance to the rest!
I spend a lot of time just shuffling and sitting with my cards, looking through them and really INTO them; I focus on a lot of details, or the way a speck of color makes me feel, I look at facial expressions and backgrounds. All in all, I feel like I'm getting a lot out of this, even with all my spontaneous madness.
I'm getting into *sorting* them, into groups that change every time I sit down because it's how I feel about the card at that moment. I'm getting to the point where I'm noticing how I react differently to cards at different times, and thinking about why that is, and what it might mean for that card, number, suit and so on . . .

I'm rambling :). Sorry.

\m/ Kat

raventepes

Alright. I signed up for the IDS and I'll be useing the Wormweird.

fluffy

Way to go Raventepes, I look forward to hearing what you have learned and your progress with the wormweird - very exciting!

Love Fluffy
xx

Gazel

Uh - again a day or so off and the thread just explodes ;o)

Sorry to hear that we had to say good bye to Alamaris. Good luck on your journey ;o)
And welcome to Raventepes.

I can only agree with what Sapienza and Rodney wrote about the purpose and so of this IDS. There not much to add to that.

For my part it going so slowly, but my readings on the Devil makes just so much sense. I guess the next Major I'll work on will be the High Priestess, which turned up the day before yesterday.

Apart from this just shuffling my deck and looking at the cards makes me see new things, I just havent noticed before.

As stated earlier I'm not into daily draws, either. But last year I had a period where I did a weekly reading called the Energy Spread, and I've thought about going back to that. I've posted it in the Spreads Forum and the link is http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?p=1425246#post1425246.

Gazel.

thorhammer

Thanks, Gazel :) I'll be watching for that spread.

Also, I've been fascinated (in a scatterbrained way :D) by your mentions of doing readings on a particular card - in your case, the Devil. Would you mind posting the spread/s you use for those readings? I ask because the way my deck works seems to be to saturate me with one card for a week or so until I "get" it and then move onto the next one, and I'd like some other ways of exploring the current card. Thanks!

\m/ Kat

oak_woman

Today, I'm going to tackle one of the spreads in the book - where you divide the deck into twelve piles - aces, 2s, 3s . . . courts, Majors, and draw one of each and that then is read in light of the significance of that number or group. I'm rather excited, but it's going to be very involved and heavy going! (Quote from Thorhammer)

Kat, could you tell us a little more about what is meant by "in light of significance of that number or group" in this context, please? I'm a bit confused, but it sounds like a great reading to try. Thanks - only if you have time, though!

I'm managing my daily draw with the Waking the Wild Spirit each evening and then sitting by my little woodburner while I write my impressions of it in my journal. It's becoming a small ritual I look forward to, and I'm liking the way it's building up already, but studying individual cards is kind of the easy part, I know! It would be good for me to make time to do some spreads and start to understand how these cards interact with each other. Otherwise, the deck could start to feel like an oracle - which is what I know others have said of Waking the Wild Spirit. I'm quite certain that it will work as a tarot, I just need to tap into its spirit and be open to the flow.

Also, I'd like to add my best wishes to Alamaris.

Disa

Welcome, raventepes. It will be great to see how you go with that deck. I hope you enjoy the journey.

As for me, I'm going for the next spread in my book just now. Finally a peaceful moment in the week to get to work with the cards. I just hope it lasts, there's stirring in the house.

arcana17

I'm going to start the IDS today, I was too busy to start earlier.

For the next 6 months, I will use the Thoth, the book of Thoth, Duquette's book and my journal. This is a deck that always attracted me, but I never spent enough time to immerse deeply into. I will need a lot of courage, as I always tend to go back to my Universal Waite.