Inaugural Intensive Deck Study (IDS) Support Thread

Open Arms

I am having to pull out of the IDS...

Over the last few weeks I have had some personal upsets and basically last weekend my heart got stomped on and smashed into a billion pieces. This week I have been trying to get my concentration back onto the task but I am struggling.

So on Friday I got out the Bohemian Gothic and did a reading with both decks..the Victorian Romantic gold and her dark sister. And the reading was so accurate it was scarey....The VR telling me what was my actions the BG telling me my reasons...

So for the moment I am going to work wit the two decks in tandem..in some ways do my IDS still with the VRG... journalling etc... but I am going to work in the BG at the same time...

I know it sounds weird but I know what I am trying to achieve is a sense of balance.

Wish me luck!

Promise

I'm alive!

Sorry guys, I kinda dropped off the map there for a while.

To make a long story short, my house nearly burned down, we had to evacuate with about 3 minutes notice, there was a huge refinery explosion a few days ago and once again, we had to evacuate, found out my dad has a mass in his lung that may or may not be malignant, on top of a million other things that have been piling up for a long time, including having my heart ripped from my chest, spun through a commercial-grade blender, then shoved back down my throat.

Needless to say, I've been a nervous wreck.

Earlier today, I tried to pull out the BG and work with it, and honestly, I just can't bring myself to do it. I've got enough darkness in my life as it is, and every time I look at the cards, this thick, heavy anxious dread overtakes me and I have to walk away. I don't think it's the decks fault--I think it's just playing head games with me, really. I don't know whether to try to work through it with the BG or simply throw in the towel and pick up another deck. Part of me wants to make it work, and the other part of me doesn't want to require Xanax just to make it through a reading.

Any thoughts from anyone?

I really don't know what the heck to do.

tarot4fun

(((((Promise)))))
I hope your dad is alright and that you guys will be able to get settled and be at home soon.

About your deck: I think you should do what feels comfortable~ :)

I wish you happiness~
:heart:

Open Arms

(((((Promise)))))

Love light and hugs to you!!!

Do what you feel is right...maybe you just need to walk away from the deck for a day or two and just let your head settle...

Trust your instincts in this....

Blessings child

Knight of Wands

(((((((((Promise)))))))) - with what you've been through, it's no wonder your heads all over the place temporarily....

sapienza

Myrrha said:
But I think these negative thoughts about the Cosmic are really not so much to do with the deck being wrong as a kind of automatic reaction to the fact of having made a commitment. (God help me if I ever get married). Realizing that this is some kind of commitment backlash has made it easier for me to stick with the Cosmic.

Just wondering if anyone else has noticed a similar reaction.

Yes, I had a similar reaction. The first week into this I had a little meltdown and looked at my other decks and had a bit of a tantrum as such, but when I got back on track the rewards started to make it all worth it. It's great that you recognise this for what it is and I'm sure as you start to work with the (gorgeous, wonderful, amazing) Cosmic you'll be glad of your commitment:) Can you tell I love the deck myself?

Open Arms and Promise, it sounds like you have both had such difficult times of late, with so much emotional upset. I think that you just need to do what feels right and not worry so much about the IDS commitment. If the deck doesn't feel right then certainly don't use it. Just take a break, or use what feels right, and you can re-join when and if it feels right. We're here to support you. A week or so break isn't going to be the end of the world. Just take care of your selves.

Silverlotus

Open Arms and Promise, I really do hope that everything gets better for both of you soon.

Do what you need to do for you. I wish you both good luck.

lilith_in_tree

Open Arms and Promise, I'm sorry things are so difficult for both of you right now. Like the others have said, you must do what feels right to you and not worry about breaking rules or anything like that, now is not the time to punish yourselves and make yourselves feel worse.
Open Arms, I actually think working with both decks is a good thing--they are sort of companions after all, and if you feel you can use both and have a deeper understanding of what's going on with you that way, it can only be to your advantage.
And Promise, I can see why you might need to walk away from the BG for awhile--there's nothing wrong with that. Maybe give yourself a few days to think about it and see how you feel then, and I hope your father is okay.
Hugs to you both.

Myrrha

((((Promise))) I hope things get better for you soon and you should definately go with your instincts about the deck.

Open Arms, reading with both decks sounds very powerful! Perhpas making a three month commitment to work only with a deck that is a "dark deck" and therefore not balanced is not a good idea. This way you are still doing an intensive study but you have balance.

Sapienza you are right, I've been journaling the cards and seeing so much in them, learning so much from them, that my head is spinning. I feel much better about the commitment. I'm glad you appreciate the Cosmic too. :)

--Myrrha