Inaugural Intensive Deck Study (IDS) Support Thread

afrosaxon

Hi all,

I'm working on the last suit of minors: Congo [Cups]. Ironically, this is the suit that I thought would be easiest for me (which is why I saved it for last), and it's turning out to be the hardest to work through. Perhaps because emotions/feelings themselves are hardest to pin down and quantify? :D This suit is also the one that seems least connected to RWS meanings...no fishes in cups...no cups, period. Lots of water (flowing and stagnant), especially ocean watere, snakes, and figures from the underworld. :laugh:

Hope y'all are enjoying this Sunday (at least, it's Sunday here in the US).

Rodney, how is your partner doing? Did he come home this weekend?

Hugs to baby Tristan.

Alamaris, welcome back!

Disa, I'm glad you're still fighting the good IDS fight (on your terms!). ;)

T.

T.

Disa

sorry- double posted,

Disa

Disa

Wb Alamaris!!!

TY, Afrosaxon! I'm so inspired by your diligence as well as you deck of choice. I went so far as to look at a copy at the bookstore last week and it was all I could do not to buy it! I've enough on my plate atm, but I just wanted to mention how your perserverence has helped me. Thank you!

Disa

Astraea Aurora

Hey folks,

I just wanted to pop in to say that I've finally begun the last part of my IDS which are three-card-spreads. I can already sense that three-carders will be a good foundation for my tarot work in the next months (and hopefully years :D) cause the flow is so easy and gentle. It's like a small river that runs through the woods - no hassle, no problems - I'm feeling great.

I'm still with my Bohemian Gothic, but I feel it's getting rougher each time we talk. Maybe it's because I can't really focus on it's dark colors when there is the brightest sunshine ever outside. But this is only in the daytime hours, my BGS is more talkative in the evening and night hours ;).

I hope everybody's fine and enjoying his/her IDS. Keep on going sweethearts!!

Astraea Aurora :grin:

Nightgarden

Astraea Aurora said:
...my BGS is more talkative in the evening and night hours ;).
Totally agree! And a glas of wine...

Owl Song

Astraea, lots of luck with the 3 card readings. I think they are a great way to, not only really learn a deck, but how to connect cards. Sometimes I have this urge to pull a 4th or 5th card for "clarification" but limiting myself to 3 cards makes me really look more closely at what's in front of me and to find more subtleties.

I'm a bit sad about not finishing my IDS. But what I think I need more than anything else right now is simply to read--and not for myself. So that's what I'm doing. I'm doing a reading a day in the Exchange forum. I'm using the Bohemian Gothic Tarot and the deck has hit me (in a good way!) like a ton of bricks. I find so much in it to say and think about.

Grizabella

Emily said:
Hi Scion,

Those plastic boxes look really interesting - we have a Staples near us. Thanks for posting that link, I would never have thought of anything like that. :)

Walmart has them, and I'm sure Shopko or Office Depot or places like that would have them, too. :)

sapienza

Hi all. I've been a bit forumed out lately so haven't been around much. Just caught up on this thread and wanted to say congrats to Gazel on the arrival of baby Tristan. Also Rodney, I hope things are improving for you and your partner.

I've still been working with my Alchemical although I did take a few days break. I've had quite a lot on lately so have had less time for tarot. Also I've been surprised by how much I enjoyed unplugging myself from the internet. I'm absolutely loving my Alchemical Renewed. I've been posting in the study group but have been a bit disappointed that the enthusiasm has waned and there is really only a few of us posting now. I really can't imagine using another deck to be honest. This one really has everything I've been looking for all these years, and more.

I hope everyone else is doing well too :)

Astraea Aurora

Starlily said:
Astraea, lots of luck with the 3 card readings. I think they are a great way to, not only really learn a deck, but how to connect cards. Sometimes I have this urge to pull a 4th or 5th card for "clarification" but limiting myself to 3 cards makes me really look more closely at what's in front of me and to find more subtleties.

I'm a bit sad about not finishing my IDS. But what I think I need more than anything else right now is simply to read--and not for myself. So that's what I'm doing. I'm doing a reading a day in the Exchange forum. I'm using the Bohemian Gothic Tarot and the deck has hit me (in a good way!) like a ton of bricks. I find so much in it to say and think about.

Thank you Starlily!! I'm so happy to do three-carders now cause I've started with only one-carders, then proceeded to two-carders. It was high time to start them so I don't get bored.

And I agree, the BG is very direct. It hits me quite often, sometimes with obvious things, but mostly with the non-obvious ones. It's harder that way. There are things I'm unaware of and the BG serves them in a very icy way ala "You asked so here is your answer." BUMM - and the message is suddenly there and staring back at me. I guess if the answers would be personas we would stare at each other and ask "What the hell was that?", looking irritated to the BG. :D That deck is so weird, it acts almost arrogant and offensive - just the way people who don't know me that much think of me :D

Astraea Aurora :grin:

Essjay

Hey everyone!

Haven't checked in for a while. Still progressing, doing more frequent daily draws again and have been doing a VR experiemental reading exhange which has been a great learning curve for me. My deck is starting to look a little more worn in now, which makes it more mine if you know what I mean, and makes want to get a back up deck (well, that's my excuse).

I have started to be more open about the fact that I read now if it comes up in conversation.

Hope everyone else is doing well. ((())) Rodney, I hope your partner is home now and feeling better.