Inaugural Intensive Deck Study (IDS) Support Thread

rwcarter

(((((Promise)))))

My partner's "I've got the flu" that morphed into a large kidney stone, potential renal failure, staph infection, two surgeries and a 6-week course of infusion therapy pales in comparison to what you've just been through (and at such a young age). The IDS will be there when and if you're ready to return to it. I am here to provide support outside the IDS if you need it. (And I'm sure others are too.)

Take care of yourself and don't worry about anything else right now.

(((((Promise))))),
Rodney

rwcarter

Disa said:
Rodney I can't recall having 15 questions. I scoured my posts and I can't seem to find a post like that. Maybe someone else had the questions?
My bad. I looked again and it was Gazel who had 15 questions that she was interviewing the Majors with. Not sure how I got Disa from that.... :confused:

Disa said:
I'm glad you partner is doing so much better. I hope you have an enjoyable time off and that you keep your cards well away from your new puppy. :)
She's 7 weeks old today, so she can't quite get into anything yet. Even so I usually only have cards out on either the little table in the family room (it's actually a dinette table so it's pretty high) or on the desk in the study. So the cards are safe.

Disa said:
I've done well not to order any new decks, but I have now received all of the ones I had on pre-order at the time we started the IDS. I'm getting anxious to start with my Bohemian Gothic and the Buckland Romani. I think those I will study together and see how that works once we are finished here. I still have tons to learn with the Tarot of the Crone, but I'm losing steam.
I bought two copies of the BR (one for me and one for my partner that he doesn't know about). They didn't arrive on Friday, but hopefully Monday. I'm curious to have them and see them, but I don't have any desire to use them right now.

To rejuvenate your interest in the TotC, maybe try playing games with them? Randomly deal three cards from the deck and look for similarities (or differences) between them? Or pick a word or phrase and go through the cards picking out all the ones that seem to fit? Or deal out three or four cards and imagine them as being all part of the same scene and then come up with what that scene actually is.

Rodney

mosaica

Promise said:
what was supposed to be a routine surgical operation turned into much more than that, and after kind of accepting the devastation of it all, it's been hard for me to get my head anywhere near normal. Being 20 and having to reconcile with the fact that you'll never be able to have children is quite...I can't really describe it. But it's not nice. Then to add insult to injury, I lost a long-term relationship over it.

((((Promise))))

Myrrha

Promise said:
While I have been using only my ToP, I can't say that I've been exactly studying it. To make a long story short, what was supposed to be a routine surgical operation turned into much more than that, and after kind of accepting the devastation of it all, it's been hard for me to get my head anywhere near normal. Being 20 and having to reconcile with the fact that you'll never be able to have children is quite...I can't really describe it. But it's not nice. Then to add insult to injury, I lost a long-term relationship over it.

But even when I didn't feel like studying or reading or even getting out of bed, my ToP was there with me, and even if it was just mindless shuffling or taking out the Majors and playing Solitaire, I used it all the same.

(((((((Promise))))))

I'm glad you were able to take some comfort from the cards, Promise.

--Myrrha

afrosaxon

Promise said:
To make a long story short, what was supposed to be a routine surgical operation turned into much more than that, and after kind of accepting the devastation of it all, it's been hard for me to get my head anywhere near normal. Being 20 and having to reconcile with the fact that you'll never be able to have children is quite...I can't really describe it. But it's not nice. Then to add insult to injury, I lost a long-term relationship over it.

My God...

:bugeyed:

(((PROMISE)))

Keep your head up.

T.

Gazel

Hello Rodney

rwcarter said:
I thought someone had posted questions they were going to use to aid in journaling with their cards, but in glancing back through the whole thread, I didn't see anything. I saw Gazel's IDS Interview Spread (which I meant to do but never got around to). I also saw a post from Disa in which she mentioned 15 questions (which sounds about like the number of questions from the post I was remembering), but I didn't actually see any post listing what the questions were. Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

Interviewing the cards is a good idea, but I have no idea what questions to ask. Anyone have any ideas there?

I looked again and it was Gazel who had 15 questions that she was interviewing the Majors with.

Yes exactly. I remember writing about asking the deck 15 questions, but I never really got around to writing them down or doing it ;o).

Well it should be important thing about my life, i.e. how is my relationsship with people in my life, what is my purpose in life, how am I dealing with death and so on.

(Maybe the thing I actually could do with this IDS was to do the 15 questions over the next couple of months, so there will be no stress - or maybe i'm just fooling myself;o)).

Apart from that I didn't post a deck interview spread but a weekly energy spread for those such as my self who find it difficult to maintain daily draws.

It's here:
http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=96346&highlight=energy+spread

:heart: Gazel

WolfSpirit

Promise said:
While I have been using only my ToP, I can't say that I've been exactly studying it. To make a long story short, what was supposed to be a routine surgical operation turned into much more than that, and after kind of accepting the devastation of it all, it's been hard for me to get my head anywhere near normal. Being 20 and having to reconcile with the fact that you'll never be able to have children is quite...I can't really describe it. But it's not nice. Then to add insult to injury, I lost a long-term relationship over it.

But even when I didn't feel like studying or reading or even getting out of bed, my ToP was there with me, and even if it was just mindless shuffling or taking out the Majors and playing Solitaire, I used it all the same.

((((Promise))))
I'm so sorry for you, that's really been rough, I hope you will have a smoother path to go on now.
Although you have not been studying the ToP on an intellectual level, it looks like you have really bonded with your deck. You can always do the study later but you have surely bonded emotionally :)

Well I must confess I used another deck last week...I was going to do an important reading for myself, and while I was preparing the Druidcraft kept popping into my head, so I felt I could not use any other deck but the DC...
it was an insightful reading so it was not for nothing.
And I also used a Marseille but that was the only deck I had with me at the time. The SW is really too big to carry around with me and do a quick reading without causing too much attention. I don't feel the need so much to do readings outside the home, but now I really did, for once. So I used what I had with me.

I am still using the SW and still studying it, and I really love the deck but more and more I think: why oh why does it have to be so big and unmanageable ? I am really missing my decks now that I can handle better. It is really a drawback of the SW, and the deck really speaks clearly to me and there are so many cards in this deck that I love !

PeterS

Two Months Down!

Since today is the end of the second month of my IDS, I thought I would mark the occasion. I am learning a lot about my deck. I also have learned a lot about how I use Tarot in general. This is very interesting because as I have stopped just reading about the cards and started to use them for readings it has become purer and simpler.

I have had more trouble with trying to stay exclusive to my Liber T. In a funny way it just seem like my fingers get itchy just to touch my other decks. In a strange experience, I took one deck out, thinking that to get over this strange urge I would get the cards and simply put them in order then put them back in the box. I would not read with them but put them in order. If there is a lesson in my life I have learned is that giving into a temptation to make it go away is a lie. But I didn’t think about that. I took one deck at random and shuffled through it and simply remarking to myself that it was a nice deck and I remembered why I bought it. But once I was done I had to do one more, then another until a hour later I had taken out every Tarot Deck I have and looked through them.

It was interesting to see how after two months some decks excited me and others I thought I loved lacked any appeal. I think that this exercise is not just about learning a single deck but taking a break from the others and I will establish a higher standard for what I like in decks than before. Taking a break from buying has been a nice addition to my wallet. I think that I have my eye on my next purchase as soon as this one is over. I thought I would go without a reward for completely but I think that I am going to indulge myself.

One more month! I hope everyone is doing well and I send out blessings to those who are having troubles.

Peter.

Gazel

Promise said:
To make a long story short, what was supposed to be a routine surgical operation turned into much more than that, and after kind of accepting the devastation of it all, it's been hard for me to get my head anywhere near normal. Being 20 and having to reconcile with the fact that you'll never be able to have children is quite...I can't really describe it. But it's not nice. Then to add insult to injury, I lost a long-term relationship over it.

Dear Promise

I am so sorry to hear this and my thoughts have been with you all day.

Love, Gazel