Inaugural Intensive Deck Study (IDS) Support Thread

thorhammer

Go for it, Yurikome! Mayhap personal engagement is exactly what you need to help yourself heal . . . and btw, how's the UF trimmed? I love mine, but I love the way the cards are all EXACTLY the right size, and I just don't know if I'd have the stomach to trim that one . . .

\m/ Kat

afrosaxon

Hi all,

*waving*

Even though I'm out of town (visiting family in NC), I am still keeping up with my IDS.

Like I did with the rest of the cards, I started the majors backwards (starting with XXI -- Carnival [The World]). Today, I worked with XI --Secret Societies [Justice]...which means I'm about halfway through the majors! :party:

Yurikome and Essjay, there is no shame in bowing out. We're just glad you came to play at all. :D I, too, am beginning to itch for face-to-face readings, and actually approached a coffeehouse about it. We'll see what happens.

thorhammer, I wanna go to a resort! :D

Promise, I hope you are feeling better.

T.

franniee

Promise said:
I'm still not feeling well, but I'm trying to get on with things. Saw my doctor this morning, who proceeded to tell me how I should be feeling and what level my pain should be at at this point. I looked him right in the face and asked him what the hell he would know about the pain resulting from a hysterectomy.

Heh, obviously, my attitude is a bit...poor...today.

I don't think so. I think this is about due course. I am so sorry you have had to go thru this. Everybody's tolerance to pain is different - I hope he understood the lesson you taught him. :) Take your time it is your body. :heart:

Sending you love and hugs.
f

PeterS

thorhammer said:
Go for it, Yurikome! . . . and btw, how's the UF trimmed?

I am really curious too! I love my deck and miss it greatly during this IDS time. I love the images and the art and I love the black borders, really sets the theme for me. I hear of people who trim their LS decks I am am always curious if they are too small. It seems with out the border they would nearly be mini sized.

Peter.

Grizabella

Promise said:
Thanks, everyone.

I'm still not feeling well, but I'm trying to get on with things. Saw my doctor this morning, who proceeded to tell me how I should be feeling and what level my pain should be at at this point. I looked him right in the face and asked him what the hell he would know about the pain resulting from a hysterectomy.

Heh, obviously, my attitude is a bit...poor...today.

But I'm really trying to get some sense of normalcy back, even if it's just a tiny bit. It's hard, but I can manage.

Well, from long experience, I'm sure he's got some knowledge of how long it takes the average person to have minimal pain from the surgery. We don't have to be of the same gender to gain experience about things. ;)

If you're having a lot of pain and he's not willing to continue you on prescription pain medications, I have a suggestion for you that was told to me when I first started recovery from alcohol addiction---two extra strength acetomenaphin (Tylenol) and two ibuprofen give as much pain relief as a prescription pain medication for mild to moderate pain. It's worked for me many a time. :) You may want to ask your doctor about that combination.

Yurikome

I'll post it here then, I hope nobody thinks it too off topic to delete.

this is what a trimmed Universal Fantasy deck looks like, if your personal IDS rules allow to look at pics of other decks ;)
http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q101/yurikome/UniFantTrim.jpg

it's 6-and-a-bit cm by 10 cm now. And still bigger than my other trimmed LS deck (Gothic Tarot of Vampires). And the backs look pretty cool too, only a tiny bit assymmetrical. Well the GToV is totally nonreversible and ugly as heck on the back so I didn't mind cutting that one either.

Disa

I think most decks look better without borders. My personal IDS rules, hmm- I looked :)

I'm struggling at the moment with continuing on with the Tarot of the Crone. I did several readings for my mom yesterday and, well- my heart wasn't in it or something. The cards just weren't speaking to me. I've been sick for a couple of weeks and was tired from cleaning all day- maybe that's all it was.

I really feel the deck is great for introspection, but as far as making me a better reader- as in getting me to a place of confidence in reading for others- I'm just really starting to doubt that this deck is helping me with that.

I pulled some cards about whether to continue on with this deck and of course they all pointed to having a lot to gain from it.

I'm feeling the urgency of beginning with the Buckland Romani. I still feel I need a better understanding of tarot and how it all relates and the Tarot of the Crone is just not traditional-and I keep trying to related it back to RWS structure.

For now I will continue on. I think it's another test, but I can't seem to find the thing that's needed to push through to the next level. I'm still on the surface and I can't get beneath it.

SolSionnach

Grizabella said:
Well, from long experience, I'm sure he's got some knowledge of how long it takes the average person to have minimal pain from the surgery. We don't have to be of the same gender to gain experience about things. ;)

If you're having a lot of pain and he's not willing to continue you on prescription pain medications, I have a suggestion for you that was told to me when I first started recovery from alcohol addiction---two extra strength acetomenaphin (Tylenol) and two ibuprofen give as much pain relief as a prescription pain medication for mild to moderate pain. It's worked for me many a time. :) You may want to ask your doctor about that combination.

Just an aside, you don't want to be on a combination like that for a long time, because it can really mess up your liver. People think that just because something is OTC that it's safe, but any drug can cause injury when used at a too-high dosage, or for too long.

Sravana, bit of a medical wonk

thorhammer

Yurikome - thanks! It looks lovely . . . I miss my copy as well. I love that deck.

Disa - Hang in there, girl! I hear what you're saying about the non-traditional side, and the self-same thing about my deck is probably going to mean that I'll go on to using others at the end of the IDS official period, but I'll tell ya now, nothing comes close to how excited and satisfied the Wheel of Change makes me feel when I use it. It's so powerful and different from other decks, and now all I crave is some "esoteric" sort of thing. I'm looking to follow a straight and narrow path next, but I won't be leaving my WoC.

I'm getting tonight at home to myself! :party: Happy dance! :party: so I might actually get some "work" done for the 21 Ways - I've been carrying the cards around, thinking of the step that I'm working on (keywords), shuffling the cards and then reordering them so that all the Ones and the Twos and Threes etc are together for when I do get to sit down and do some "work" on it . . . and it just never happens! :( Hopefully tonight I can sit with some candles and my blankie and wallow in the cards!

\m/ Kat

Disa

Thank you for the encouragement, Kat. I need to wallow in mine, as well. It's all I can do to make it to the end of this IDS, but I'm pretty sure I can do it again with a different deck- so, it's still a very good thing I've done this. I better get re-energized and working toward my greater understanding. I can do it, I know I can. xoxox