Doggie Tarot

Callistabell

Here's a little something I did tonight. I discovered I really like making cards, and my son loves them, - he calls "colors cards". He also likes when I make paintings for him. I made him a big canvas painting in his room with all kinds of dogs on it and he loves it. So we decided to make some dog "colors cards". This is just pure fun. He said "a purple dog mommy", so I delivered, I thought I'd share them. It was really cool making them with him. Now I've printed them out and he'll probably run around with them for a few days. :) joy joy joy.

(JPEG Removed)

Hooked on TdM

Okay those are adorable! I can see why your son loves them. :)

Hooked

GryffinSong

I LOVE them!!! The High Papillon ... what a hoot!!! I hope you'll do more!!! :D

Callistabell

Thanks you guys! Griffinsong I was wondering today why you hadn't done a dog tarot before. I love your art. Also, I've got a sight hound on my son's large canvas. His eyes are really wide and he's making an "o!" face. I named him Streak and made up this story about him for my son. My mom stitched his likeness into this quilt that we made for him, so it's on his bed at night, too. --
:) :) :)
I think I will do more! They're just fun and Theo has a blast when I do them.

GryffinSong

Thanks. I've started a couple of tarot decks in the past, but I'm much better at getting ideas and starting projects than I am at slogging through a 78 image project! LOL

If I ever do a tarot I doubt it'll be exclusively dogs, but I also bet there'd be at least a few borzoi or greyhounds in it. :D

Callistabell

Are their pictures of your dogs on your site? IF there are I'll look at them and imortalize them on cartoon tarot card ;) What card would they be?
I was thinking about my dog last night. She'd be judgment, sitting in the pound looking out with sad, longing eyes. We found her at the pound on the day she was to be put down. Gorgeous 6 month old pure bred black lab. Then 2 days later she came down with parvo, we took the gamble and had her treated. 4 days later she was home again, SAVED. What a week. That'll be her card. I'll do some more later today.
If anyone has a pic of their doggie I could include them as well. :) My son doesn't care who's dog I'm drawing, but some of them will be in unnatural colors, because, hey- sometimes he wants me to draw a green dog, and sometimes that's fun.

Callistabell

GryffinSong said:
Thanks. I've started a couple of tarot decks in the past, but I'm much better at getting ideas and starting projects than I am at slogging through a 78 image project! LOL
:D

I hear that!! I've truly surprised myself in my creating. I could NEVER finish one that's takes a year, or is actually painted on canvas with oils or something. Those artists are saints!

dinah1

They are so cute! You have to finish now you've started! :love:

Netzach

These are lovely. More please!

celticnoodle

Love them! so fun!