View Single Post
Not a Cylon

Owl Song 

Glad to see you back, Promise. And good to be doing my IDS with you. That doesn't sound silly at all--you feeling that you have a special bond with the Minute Tarot or that the deck is so special it deserves your time and attention. I feel the same way about my Fairytale. I deeply admire the artistry and ingenuity that went into its creation. Working closely with the deck, cutting the cards from the sheet probably made it feel more "yours." I think that's wonderful.

Skimo, I love the Universal Fantasy and almost chose it for my study. The Fantastical is also a very fascinating deck from scans I've seen, although I've never worked with it. I look forward to hearing your choice.

Alamaris, I think many of us are streamlining our rules this time around in a good way. I feel less pressure on myself for some reason this time around.

When I woke up this morning I started to second guess my deck choice. So I pulled out the Fairytale and did a one card draw. I drew the 10 of Wands which tells the story of the Sorcerer's Apprentice.

If you've seen Fantasia then you know the story of the sorcerer's apprentice who is asked to clean up his master's work space while the sorcerer is away. The apprentice decides to use magic and animates a broom and pail of water.
Everything goes awry. Once he has started the magic, he cannot stop it and the whole place is in danger of being flooded. The sorcerer returns just in time to save the apprentice and we never learn the apprentice's fate after that.

This card so perfectly illustrates why I am doing an IDS. I find that lately I am reading more about Tarot, especially about what decks other people are contemplating using, buying, etc etc than actually reading Tarot. I'm getting more caught up in what I COULD have than in what I DO have. I want to enjoy the decks in my collection. I want to get to know them and spend time with them. I love the forums dearly but sometimes we can all get caught up in this frenzy to accumulate.

The scene on the card I drew has a chaotic and noisy feel to it. It's exactly how I have been feeling in regard to Tarot lately. I am so glad I have chosen the Fairytale. It is the right deck and I know that after 3 months of intensive study, I'm going to have a much richer appreciation of it and for Tarot in general.

I'm excited!
Top   #35