View Single Post
Citizen

Promise 

I am not a professional, but I figured I'd thrown my $0.02 in here.

You said you feel that your readings will suffer if you try to read for your clients with a new or unfamiliar deck. But let's say that hypothetically you were to go through the IDS process and really get to know one particular deck, maybe one that most of your sitters seem to favor, maybe one that you have a personal connection to. If you really get to know that deck intimately and are able to instantly draw all of these things out of the cards during a reading, would your clients still suffer?

All of the readings I've ever had done for me in person have been done by readers who don't offer the sitter a deck choice; they simply have the decks they are comfortable with themselves and read from them as they feel best. I'm not saying that either way is right or wrong, merely that both work differently for different readers. If you want to continue giving your clients a choice of what deck you read from, I don't see any reason that you couldn't still do your own IDS of sorts with a deck you would use for personal readings. The beauty of the IDS is that because it is intensive, I think it has to be personal and structured in a way that it will work best for you.

If you do decide to participate in the IDS and get into it and decide that you picked "the wrong deck", no one's going to force you to drop out or berate you; during the first IDS, I changed my deck pretty early on. I felt somewhat guilty about it at first, but at the end of that day, I had to do what was best for me.
Top   #48