Intensive Deck Study Support Thread ~ Part 2

SolSionnach

Emily said:
You know when the Liber T first came out, I tried to like it but I couldn't. I found the artwork too hard to interpret after using the RWS and clone decks - I found it dark and mysterious, and I backed off from this deck so fast, its a wonder I didn't have flames come off my feet lol - so off it went to trade.

I know now that I just wasn't ready or even able to move onto something so radically different as the Liber T so although I love this deck to bits now, I understand when people don't want to get involved with it. The artwork does take a little getting used to. :)

I'm eagerly awaiting Scion's book too. :)
I'm sure that I'll be acquiring Scion's book, even if I don't have the deck! I traded it away, though I have a hankering to re-acquire it. But if I never read with it? then what. I do have Serio's Dante deck, but after a while his art starts to look jaded and similar. I suppose I should just trade away the Dante, and get Liber T back (since it's the better deck by far, so I hear).

:(

Oh well, back to the CATS. ! :)

SolSionnach

thorhammer said:
Me too, Emily :) I'll be angling for a signed copy . . . *hear that, Scion? :D* but waiting for it won't keep me from those decks, I'm afraid. :)

No work on the cards yesterday, but I did two small readings this morning, and the cards are just speaking to me so well right now. I'm loving it. Loving my deck :)

\m/ Kat
Yay! :D Scion really needs to get that publisher lined up.. :)

I need to find the time/interest to get back to the cats... :)
Promise said:
Finally finished the last two cards in the Coins suit and got them posted. I'm sure I'll go back and add to them in the next few days, but I wasn't feeling particularly wordy today. I've been a bad kitty and have been majorly distracted by the Deviant Moon, but I put it away and pulled my Noblet back out and got back down to business. I'm not really sure where I'll go from here with this deck; maybe I'll play with the Majors for a bit and see what comes up. I'm not really feeling another suit study. The Coins took a lot out of me, although it was a great learning and growing experience.
I know the feeling of being distracted - I wrote up a post about the Ironwing book, and now I want to get that deck out again. But. I. Will. Not. ;)

Even though you didn't ask for my advice, I think you've done v. well with the Coins, and I give you permission to take some time off. Got to 'refill the creative well' so to speak. :) In a few hours I'll be choosing another card to write on - I finished and posted the sevens, but I hit the wall with the Chariot... so that one's waiting until later. In fact, I'm going to take all the trumps out of my deck, and choose from the number cards and courts. I'm not ready for the trumps yet. :)

MistressNatasha

Oh!

This sounds so fun! But I don't think I can join. :( I'm doing something similar to this with my Gilded deck though. =] So the two problems I'd have with joining would be that I already sort of started, and that I plan on getting another deck soon and I'd like to "play" with it. :p Maybe I'll join once I finish on the Gilded, but that might take forever. Haha! :D

~Mistress Natasha

PS: Good luck, everyone!

afrosaxon

MistressNatasha said:
This sounds so fun! But I don't think I can join. :( I'm doing something similar to this with my Gilded deck though. =] So the two problems I'd have with joining would be that I already sort of started, and that I plan on getting another deck soon and I'd like to "play" with it. :p Maybe I'll join once I finish on the Gilded, but that might take forever. Haha! :D

~Mistress Natasha

PS: Good luck, everyone!

Natasha,

I had been reading and working with the NOVT long before I did an IDS with it, during the first round. Familiarity with a deck AND/OR already working with a deck are NOT grounds for exclusion. :cool:

Also, if you want to play with another deck during your IDS, then do it. Some people just want to focus on their deck and forsake all others, while others do their IDS and use other decks too. It's completely up to you and you won't be persecuted, hounded, or otherwise made to feel embarrassed either way.

So...can Cat* add you to the IDS list with the Gilded? *batting eyes* :D

T.

Emily

sravana said:
I'm sure that I'll be acquiring Scion's book, even if I don't have the deck! I traded it away, though I have a hankering to re-acquire it. But if I never read with it? then what. I do have Serio's Dante deck, but after a while his art starts to look jaded and similar. I suppose I should just trade away the Dante, and get Liber T back (since it's the better deck by far, so I hear).

:(

Oh well, back to the CATS. ! :)

I have the Dante tarot too - I bought it last week because the artwork looked very similar to the Liber T both being done by the same artist - I wanted to have a better look at it, I doubt whether I'll ever be able to read with it. The Dante seems to have changed just about everything and it is pretty interesting to look at - but the Liber T it ain't. lol

Emily

I've finally managed to get some sort of study schedule sorted out. :) I couldn't get my head out of the daily card routine but this time round I want to do it different.

So I'm going to follow the lead of a few other IDS'rs and take groups of cards out at a time - I shuffled intending to pick a card but the Sword 7 came flying out at me so I've took the other 3 7's out and these will be my study cards for the next few days.

I've never done this comparing thing before, not even with any of my other decks and already I can see something that I never noticed before and that's only about how the keywords assigned to the cards seem to match each other. - excess, corruption, weakness and restriction - and I haven't even got to going into detail with the artwork yet. :)

MistressNatasha

Hmm...

afrosaxon said:
So...can Cat* add you to the IDS list with the Gilded? *batting eyes*

Okie dokie! Cat* can add me with the Gilded. I'll start tomorrow. *Looks Around* I just got back from an expedition through Borders! Haha! I bought The Rider-Waite deck and I'm so excited. I've been shuffling for a bit and would love to do one reading with it before I put it away. :p I guess I'll do it until... November 4th. We'll go four months. =]

~Mistress Natasha

PS: Don't you just love the smell of a new deck? =D

Cat*

MistressNatasha said:
Okie dokie! Cat* can add me with the Gilded.
You're on the list now. Welcome! :)

MistressNatasha

Woot!

Thank you! =] *Gets Out Deck* :D

~Mistress Natasha

Bloudwedd

OK, the honeymoon is obviously over for me and my deck :S

I cant really put my finger on it - because it is a really nice deck (LoS Pagan Tarot) all of a sudden I do not really feel comfortable working with it :-( Maybe it is becaue its unique approach of the deck. It is a very situational deck more than a symbolic one. Or maybe it is because it is a new deck and I have not had really much time to work with it as much as I would like this wee. Or, as I start to fear - I broke the flow by using another deck last week when helping a client ( I felt I had too since that deck is allready scanned, Pagan Tarot is not). All I know is that I am badly longing for my Gilded Tarot now and really do not know what way to go. Any suggestions... I am afraid mainly that this is just my lack of stamina showing. But ofc I am also deeply disappointed that a deck that I had so much high hope for turned out to be so useless in practice although it is a true good example of collector item...