Doreen Virtue Oracle decks - Anyone interested in Study Groups?

knowledge seeker

just a quick question for everyone, how do you *read* your oracle cards? to be more precise, how much meaning from the booklet do you incorporate aswell as your intuition? ie: only booklet, whatever stands out to you or querant in the booklet, or only intuition?
another question, which i am trying myself to remember much much more during readings, how much relevance to you apply to the position in the spread? sometimes when i'm just doing a quick 3 card reading i tend to forget the past present future elements and just take the cards as a running story, if that makes sense? obviously in bigger spreads i take notice of position relevance though.
thoughts, insights, opinions and experiences are greatly appreciated.
KS

knowledge seeker

another quickie...what is your fav deck, and why? what draws you to this particular deck? i find that each of my decks have their own personality and provide insight on different matters, some work best for reading for certain friends, while others only for me, has anyone else found this too? also, how did you recieve your fav deck? divine intervention, gift or bought it yourself? look forward to replies with interest
KS

Logiatrix

knowledge seeker said:
another quickie...what is your fav deck, and why? what draws you to this particular deck? i find that each of my decks have their own personality and provide insight on different matters, some work best for reading for certain friends, while others only for me, has anyone else found this too? also, how did you recieve your fav deck? divine intervention, gift or bought it yourself? look forward to replies with interest
KS
Hi, k.s...
My fav decks are Healing with the Angels and Magical Unicorns.

The "angels" appeal to me because they are so quintessentially spiritual, of course. Also, the art is mostly classical in style, which I like a lot. It's a comfort thing, too, because I've had my angel oracle for quite a long time - since I first began reading any kind of cards at all.

My angel deck has a unique history. It is actually three decks in one; there's the deck of 44 cards that I started with, then I added another complete set in Spanish that my mom gave me. I had tried to change to reading the Spanish deck, but I missed my first deck, so I just combined them. Then, I started getting individual cards sent to me by an anonymous friend; someone sent me about 30 angel cards in the span of almost a whole year. I think it was one of my regular querents, but I never tried very hard to find out, 'cuz I thought it was kind of neat to keep it a mystery. The whole thing was very sweet and special.

Anyway, now I am reading with a 120-card, bi-lingual deck of Healing Angels. ;)

My unicorn deck is still kind of new to me. So far, I am enjoying it for personal readings. The art is very reminiscent of childhood storybooks, and the card messages are also very childlike and innocent. It is a gentle and positive deck that I have found especially useful when seeking reassurance or comfort about an issue.

My Magical Unicorns are also a double-deck, because I'd already gotten so comfortable with reading my angels that way. My first set of unicorns was a gift from a special friend, but it wasn't until I purchased a second deck to add to it that I felt comfortable reading with the unicorns.

That kind of leads to your questions about how I read my oracles. I looked through the little books for the decks maybe once or twice, but ultimately, I read based on my own "vibes" or intuition. I like to keep in mind card placement in particular spreads; also, a repeat card in a spread indicates greater focus or intensity.

Sometimes I do like you said you do, and I just read the cards as they come, like a story. Also, you can't beat the trusty one-card-draw, especially for yes-or-no questions.

PEACE :D

knowledge seeker

that is a fantastic way of reading your cards! i absolutely love it! have you ever studied spanish? or is it just a way (sorry that sounds so...common) of allowing your own intuition 100% to come through to the reading without being clouded by the words on the card. although it has just occured to me that you'd probably be able to know what the card is anyway! lol.
i will keep that in mind for the future, if i ever feel the need for something different or challenging. although for the moment i am enjoying developing deeper bonds and getting extra comfortable with the decks i already have. i hope to one day feel like all of the decks feel as comfortable as my wedding rings, that i'm naked without them and feel that they are *me*. at the moment they do feel comfortable, but i'm still learning with them.
thank you again.
KS

Colby

Logiatrix said:
I started getting individual cards sent to me by an anonymous friend; someone sent me about 30 angel cards in the span of almost a whole year. I think it was one of my regular querents, but I never tried very hard to find out, 'cuz I thought it was kind of neat to keep it a mystery. The whole thing was very sweet and special.

WOW... how special is that and what a beautiful gesture... I LOVE your story :D

midamah

Hello all! I'm Krista, I'm so glad I found this site. I am studying the Archangel Oracle cards at the moment. It seems as if the study group is dormant.

geministar

Hi Krista,

Im glad you found this site too :) I love the archangel oracle cards although I dont have that deck yet. just jump on into the study groups and soon other people will jump in to join you. If I had that deck I would ;)

knowledge seeker

hi and welcome to the boards :)
i have quite a few doreen cards, and i do love reading with them all. each deck brings about a different style/focus on the reading. such as the archangels i've noticed provide such an understanding as to how & why on an unconscious/sub-conscious level about the topic of the reading. her fairy deck, i don't read with all that often at all, but they are so to the point. the saints and angels deck allows me to delve incredibly deep and i often have very visual & cognitive readings with this deck. the messages from the angels deck is a great pick me up and general gloss over deck, but can offer great insight on how to proceed. i could go on...check out my profile for which decks i have. if you want to chat or compare and read with the cards pm me :) i've been abit inactive on the boards recently, but am getting back here on a frequent basis and am reading to jump back in again.
would love to hear about your experiences with your cards too.
ks

midamah

I love the archangel cards! They are one of my inspirations! I ask about the situation, and there is ALWAYS an answer. Even if I come up with the same cards, I interpret them differently.

JONIKA

Hi!
I have Healing with Angels. I love them. They always seem to give me the right guidance about the particular situation...