Intensive Deck Study Support Thread ~ Part 2

thorhammer

I journalled with the Twos yesterday :) I came up with some really good stuff, I thought, which helped me to understand one of the prettier but less chatty cards in the deck - the Two of Wands. I'm really happy with the results of my work yesterday, and I continue to be amazed at the effectiveness of it all. That doesn't, however, make the discipline any harder to come by! :laugh: And that's what's getting hard for me, because I'm really losing momentum and I can feel the end of my IDS coming at me. It's a matter of results, though, not time, and I have to get the results before the feeling of time catches up with me . . . if that makes any sense at all.

Just the Threes, Aces, and lots of Majors to go now. I'm nearly there!

\m/ Kat

Emily

Hi thorhammer,

you are doing really well.

I wish I could be more disciplined in my study - I started out taking all the same cards - like all the 4's and then I tried the 6's - it was interesting but it also left me with more questions than answers - I think it overloaded me LOL - I shuffled and asked about my study methods and I got Art and then the Lovers so I do still have to find a balanced method to my study but the Lovers card didn't need any explaining. :)

By the time I've got my study all ready and on track, I'll be joining in with the next one LOL

thorhammer

Emily said:
Hi thorhammer,

you are doing really well.

I wish I could be more disciplined in my study - I started out taking all the same cards - like all the 4's and then I tried the 6's - it was interesting but it also left me with more questions than answers - I think it overloaded me LOL - I shuffled and asked about my study methods and I got Art and then the Lovers so I do still have to find a balanced method to my study but the Lovers card didn't need any explaining. :)

By the time I've got my study all ready and on track, I'll be joining in with the next one LOL
Wow! According to the companion book to my deck, Crowley described those two as the most complex cards in the deck, and in the WoC, they make up Level Two of the Tarot Tree. They are twins within twins, if that makes sense at all :rolleyes: I have yet to explore those two cards, but I am looking forward to it.

Maybe it was telling you that somehow you were separating what should have been together, and vice-versa?

I like studying the Minor numerals together for this deck, unexpectedly. I thought it was a stupid idea, when I first found the study group threads, but since the creator has managed to base the deck around a fairly solid numerological system of her own devising, it does make a lot of sense, and makes the suit energies very easy to understand, in context. Studying the cards this way has made my readings come forwards in leaps and bounds, and has encouraged me, too. I've said recently that I'm drawn to esoteric decks, for their involved and intricate intellectual content and deep interconnections between cards, but for a long while I doubted my own ability to study those associations effectively. I didn't want to be an entirely intuitive reader. I want to incorporate all sorts of factors in my reading, and this study has really helped me to do that. Now I have so much more confidence with the way I approach deck study - I know that I am smart enough and I CAN do it!

\m/ Kat, signed: Shutting up now :D

furiana

I started antidepressants a couple days ago and have completely lost interest in tarot. I don't know how long this will last, so I'm suspending my IDS.

Good luck, everyone! :)

afrosaxon

thorhammer said:
I journalled with the Twos yesterday :) I came up with some really good stuff, I thought, which helped me to understand one of the prettier but less chatty cards in the deck - the Two of Wands. I'm really happy with the results of my work yesterday, and I continue to be amazed at the effectiveness of it all. That doesn't, however, make the discipline any harder to come by! :laugh: And that's what's getting hard for me, because I'm really losing momentum and I can feel the end of my IDS coming at me. It's a matter of results, though, not time, and I have to get the results before the feeling of time catches up with me . . . if that makes any sense at all.

Just the Threes, Aces, and lots of Majors to go now. I'm nearly there!

\m/ Kat

You're doing so well, Kat! :thumbsup:

keep it going. We're so proud! :D

T.

afrosaxon

furiana said:
I started antidepressants a couple days ago and have completely lost interest in tarot. I don't know how long this will last, so I'm suspending my IDS.

Take care of YOU, furiana. Return when you can.

*hugs*

T.

thorhammer

furiana said:

Best wishes, furiana! I really hope it all pans out for you, and that we see you again soon :heart:

\m/ Kat

furiana

afrosaxon - Oh no worries, I'm getting pampered! :D *hugs back*

Thanks, thorhammer! I'll still be on the forums, just not committed to anything!

Emily

furiana said:

Hope you are feeling better soon, Furiana :)