book: a witches runes by Susan sheppard

vhrsn

Hi to all,
I was wondering if any of you have the book, a wiches runes by susan sheppard? I have made a set of them for myself out of some rocks, and colored them with pollish. I am blind so I used the type of pint where I can draw on it and then I can start to feel the lines after it dries. I was just wondering if this would be a good book to study? I don't have it yet.
Any help would be appreciated, thianks in advance! I have aobut a couple of weeks or so rune experience.
All the best,
Veronica

SphinYote

I have not read the entire book, just skimmed it. It does not describe traditional runes, but rather, if I recall, a more personal set of symbolism. She paints them with symbols such as eyes, hearts, stars, and other simple icons, rather than traditional runes.

vhrsn

Hi to all,
Oh I see what you mean. Thanks for letting me know. So it doesn't have any keywords or meanings of the runes?
Let me know!
All the best,
Veronica

stella01904

Yes, it does! It's for the ones you're using!
It's got keywords, interpretations, combined interpretations, and sample readings.

The only drawback is that the first part of the book is just filler. She explains every simple little thing, spells out how to paint the symbols, make a drawstring bag, things like that. But the part with the interpretations is useful.

By all means get the book. Just don't go by those meanings alone. Use them as suggestions. Hope this helps!

vhrsn

Hi Stella,
Oh thanks very much. I'll be sure to get it or maybe we can study it together!
All the best,
Veronica

birdsong123

I love that book, I love those runes (I did like you did and painted onto stones and then polished). It is a wonderful book. Some of the more subtle meanings are hard to remember (where she goes into how the stones interact with each other), but they are easier for me to follow than the Nordic runes.

Have fun with them!

vhrsn

the book

Hi Birdsong,
Thanks very much!
All the best,
Veronica

Skydancer

Now you have me curious - what other symbols does she use??
I see the book for sale at Amazon -- like I said; now you've caught my interest because regular runes do not much interest me unless I have to learn them because of being on a tarot deck. :)

Thanks in advance!
*S*

birdsong123

Skydancer, the symbols are slightly different, but very similar to these:

http://www.alleghenycandles.com/images/witch runes.jpg

and

http://witchcraft-supplies.com/runes/witches13bloodstone.jpg

They're fun to make. I don't suggest using clear nail polish to cover smooth stones, though. I did and they took a week to dry. They're nice now but I wish they didn't look so "wet" all the time. I'd have preferred more of a rustic, matte finish myself. :)

Sign me up for one of your first readings, Veronica! (Grin)

Birdsong

Skydancer

Thank you for the photos - this is starting to look interesting!! :)

The 13 - that's what's in the book, isn't it? 13?
I can figure out most of the symbols (I think) but not all.
The interaction is what interests me the most. Guess I'm going to have to read the book! :D

*S*