Intensive Deck Study Support Thread ~ Part 2

Hooked on TdM

thorhammer said:
I just want to get mine over with, but I can't seem to get past the blockade that is the Fourth and Fifth Tarot Tree levels, and especially the Aces and Threes. I have 17 cards left to journal, which really is bu&&er all! But it's coming so hard . . . but I'm determined to "finish" what I started before I begin with the next round.

Where's that shop with the motivation and willpower? :D

\m/ Kat

I know that bump in the road! When I studied my Camoin, it took forever to do the last 13 cards. I really had to push myself to get past it. It took me almost three weeks to finish it up and I normally can do 4 or 5 cards a day. I was ecstatic when I finally did finish! Just think of how good you will feel when you push through and finish! :)

Hooked

thorhammer

Yeah, I know! I just really wish that I had time to take advantage of this desire to finish, because as things stand, I don't get anything done at all :rolleyes: Tarot or non-Tarot. Maybe this weekend?

*le sigh* Not likely.

\m/ Kat

Hooked on TdM

It sucks when life gets in the way of our goals! ;)

Okay someone beat me with a big stick. My Vieville has arrived. I checked it and made sure that it's all there.. and it's sitting there and taunting me now! I must not look! ARGGGGGG!!!

Hooked

SolSionnach

Hooked on TdM said:
It sucks when life gets in the way of our goals! ;)

Okay someone beat me with a big stick. My Vieville has arrived. I checked it and made sure that it's all there.. and it's sitting there and taunting me now! I must not look! ARGGGGGG!!!

Hooked
I'll respond... but you aren't going to like it.
AUMmmmmmm: ALL TDMS ARE ONE! ALL TDMS ARE ONE! AUMmmmmmm

Better? ;) ;) :p

Disa

ok I'm really REALLY out of the loop here. I'm still only reading with my Buckland Romani, but I'm not doing much else. I Think I'm losing steam and I've learned the lesson of the IDS.

rwcarter

Disa said:
ok I'm really REALLY out of the loop here. I'm still only reading with my Buckland Romani, but I'm not doing much else. I Think I'm losing steam and I've learned the lesson of the IDS.
Disa,

You shouldn't end your IDS for the former reason, but if you truly think you've learned the lesson of the IDS, then by all means put an end to it. The IDS should be fun and/or beneficial. Once it stops being both of those things, it's time to put a period and move on as Judge Judy would say. :D

Rodney

Disa

Hmm, not sure if I'm trying to end it, just realizing I'm not putting forth any effort. I am doing readings for various people, but that's all atm. I'm in limbo.

Hooked on TdM

sravana said:
I'll respond... but you aren't going to like it.
AUMmmmmmm: ALL TDMS ARE ONE! ALL TDMS ARE ONE! AUMmmmmmm

Better? ;) ;) :p

Hehe, not really but thanks for trying! I did put them away though, after my son had a look at them! ;) He had to throw in a little jibe.. hehe.. asked how many decks do you have now, I only have two you know.. LMAO... Okay. back to the Swiss..

Mantra: Swiss, Swiss, I love Swiss.. Swiss, Swiss, I love Swiss...

Hooked

rwcarter

Disa said:
Hmm, not sure if I'm trying to end it, just realizing I'm not putting forth any effort. I am doing readings for various people, but that's all atm. I'm in limbo.
Well, as folks told me when I said that I wouldn't be studying for awhile cause I'd be reading, reading is a form of study in the sense of getting to know your cards.

Rodney

Cat*

Disa said:
To be honest, I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one who is "just" reading with their IDS deck. :)

Actually, now that I think about it, if I had to pick between the two, I'd rather be "just" reading (and learn about my cards as I go along) than I would be "just" studying my cards (and not reading). Which is not to say that I think that either of these generally is better than the other or that other IDSers aren't combining the two quite beautifully.

As I've posted in this thread before, I've thought about giving up my IDS, too, but I'm still doing my dailies and have also started participating in exchanges again. Maybe I'm just a learning-by-doing person. Maybe my way of doing this IDS is exactly the right thing (even when it gets boring at times) - I'm looking at the cards in context every time I look at them.

And now that I'm thinking about that, I realize that maybe I haven't done any single card studying (as in taking out a card, looking at it and writing some more or less coherent paragraphs about it, preferably to be posted in the appropriate study group) because my cards actually don't "mean" much to me - unless they are applied to a question, a situation, a position, a context of other cards int the spread.... Hm, that would explain a lot!

So, how about hanging out with me here in IDS limbo-land for some more time? ;)