Intensive Deck Study Support Thread ~ Part 2

Emily

Yes that's the one - she so vulnerable and he so sinister. :)

Hooked on TdM

I did four courts tonight, so I'm done the Coupe and Epee courts now. :) Took me a bit to get into it tonight. I did a daily draw. The what should I focus on is REALLY working for me, and so far as been very insightful too!

I'm plodding along.. hehe

Hooked

Cat*

It has finally happened: After doing the final Court family comparison (the Swords), I got so annoyed with the Housewives that I decided I really do need a break from them.

Since I've already signed up for a few exchanges, I'll do these with other decks. I believe it will become clear to me soon if I want to go back to the Housewives after a time-out or if I'm through with them (for now).

I'll still keep following your IDS adventures here, however.

Hooked on TdM

Enjoy your break Cat! I'm sure you will feel refreshed afterwards!

Well after massive family coming in to visit, I didn't get anything done till this evening. I managed to finish off my Courts for the Baton suit. One more Court suit to go then I'm onto the pips!

I did a daily draw to see what I should focus on tomorrow and I got La Mort (death.) So tomorrow should be interesting. It was quite the stark card too. No fluffy huggy, make way for the new meaning. Nope, this was straight up "a painful culling" and death. So.. wait and see what tomorrow brings!

Hooked

thorhammer

Best of luck, Hooked! It sounds like you'll need it . . . and thanks for commenting on my Study Group thread. I'm so glad you got something out of it!

I'm so thoroughly sick of my deck. Hel, I'm just about sick of Tarot. I just want it to be over, and I know it's because I'm sick and miserable because I hate my job and I'm just having a downer, but I feel like throwing in not just this towel, but all of them.

Ugh.

\m/ Kat

Emily

I've given up on the BG - its not the deck for me at this time. I like the artwork but I just can't get to grips with any kind of study with it. It is a deck with a one track mind and that can be very depressive.

I enjoyed every second with the Liber T and that can be a hard deck to get around but I still don't think I'm finished with it.

I'm having a bit of a break and a look around to see if there are any other decks that I fancy doing an IDS with and if not then I'll go back to the Liber T for a while and see what else it can teach me.

Kat,

It might be best if you have a bit of a break too - I know how real life gets in the way, I have workloads here that make it impossible for me to switch off from work mode and I don't have time for anything else and during that time, I just can't get my focus to even do dailies with my deck let alone anything else.

I shuffle a lot but don't try to read, then after a few days or a week it all calms down again and I can concentrate on my cards again.

You are so close to the end but if you need to break then come back, your study will still be waiting. :)

thorhammer

Emily said:
Kat,

It might be best if you have a bit of a break too - I know how real life gets in the way, I have workloads here that make it impossible for me to switch off from work mode and I don't have time for anything else and during that time, I just can't get my focus to even do dailies with my deck let alone anything else.

I shuffle a lot but don't try to read, then after a few days or a week it all calms down again and I can concentrate on my cards again.

You are so close to the end but if you need to break then come back, your study will still be waiting. :)
Thankyou, Emily :) Yeah, yesterday I was in a funk. Still am, I think - with everything, particularly my job. It makes me so miserable that I have no enthusiasm for anything at all after that.

I was thinking recently what I'm going to do when I *finish* with the Wheel of Change. In a way, I find it scary! I just don't know how I'll go having thirty-odd decks to choose from . . . and I don't know if leaping headlong into another *relationship* :D would be a good idea.

Warrants more thought. An evolution.

\m/ Kat

Emily

I'm a little like that too - nothing seems to be living up to the Liber T, or maybe its the thrill that the other decks don't have. Either way, I'm having a hard time picking a deck I want to spend time with.

I keep looking through my collection and still nothing is jumping out at me - apart from the Liber T.

I did see the Intuitive Tarot by Cilla Conway - thats a Thoth clone and looks ineresting but she had moved swords to Fire and wands to Air - not usually the way I read. Plus I don't have this deck.

rwcarter

thorhammer said:
and I don't know if leaping headlong into another *relationship* :D would be a good idea.
Well, there are two schools of thought here. On the one hand you'll be footloose and fancy free and should enjoy that freedom for a little while before getting tied down again. I'm thinking like a week or two where you pick up whatever deck tickles your fancy, do a spread, play with the cards or even just shuffle them.

The other school of thought comes courtesy of one of the DJs on the morning radio show I listen to. She says that the best way to get over an old relationship is to get under a new one. }) :laugh: })

I think you can actually do both. Play for a week or two, enjoying your freedom and then buckle down with your next deck.

Rodney

Hooked on TdM

I agree with everyone, sounds like you just need a break Kat. Take one and don't guilt yourself over it! :)

Well I discovered what my death card meant. Now you guys are going to laugh. I lost a bid on ebay and I was PISSED off. Someone came in and bid in the last 30 seconds. I didn't have a chance to raise my bid. This is after waiting four flipping days for the bid to end and I was the only bidder up until those last 30 seconds. And it was for a book I need to further my study of the history of tarot. Needless to say I'm a bit cranky about ebay. I'm a new ebay user and am discovering that I'm not a nice bidder. LOL Good thing I can't contact other bidders, I'd probably rip a strip off someone.

So that is my death card. I lost the bid and was extremely pissed off about it.. LMAO

Okay.. so off to study a few courts now...

toodles,
Hooked