View Single Post
Resident

PolarBear 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faolainn Storm

PolarBear, first, sorry I haven't responded sooner, I've been studying hard and not on the net. Second there are three seperate books:
"Hallowquest: Tarot Magic and the Arthurian Mysteries" isbn 0-85030-963-8
"The Arthurian Tarot Course: A Quest for All Seasons" isbn 1-85538-258-X
"Hallowquest: The Arthurian Tarot Course" isbn 0-7225-3448-5
However all three companion book have been out of print since the mid 90's so you'll have to look for them second-hand. If you can only get one I suggest the third one as it contains most of the information from the first two.

FS
Thanks Faolainn - I live in York and we have a plethora of second hand books here, so I'll look out for these.

I am still plugging away with the Llewellyn. I'm doing the dreaded court cards at the moment!

I have slipped off the wagon ocasionally, - usually to the Druid Animal Oracle. I find that the Tarot is great for asking questions, but when I need some general support - I end up going for an oracle. It's something to do with the fact that with this deck, I can imagine the animals actually being with me to lend support.
I guess the Tarot offers advice - the Druid Animal Oracle offers warm fuzzies!
If I were starting an IDS again, I would write a "comfort oracle" into my pledge. Knowing that I'm not supposed to be using even the DAO, means that I feel like I've broken my diet and it can be hard to get back on the straight and narrow. Kinda like the tarot equivalent of "I've had one biscut, I might as well snaffle thw whole pack!"

Cheers,

Polar Bear
Top   #587