Touchstone Tarot by Kat Black

All Is One

Just Wondering

Erzebet said:
I'm very happy to report that the Touchstone is now talking nonstop, she even sings at times! I believe as it's different sort of deck I was approaching it all wrong. I've never used a portrait deck before, once I got the hang of it, the floodgates are open!

Hopefully some of you that keep hinting about all of this talking and singing (wow, singing!!) will give a little more detail at some point. I mean, I know that detailed readings are for another place on the forum, but just a few relevant descriptions of what's going on with the deck would be mighty interesting to the rest of us using it!!

As for everyone now calling it a "portrait deck" ...I'm sorry to be the slowest one on the thread, but I don't understand the label.

I understand that portraits of the Tudor era were used in creating the deck, but I don't understand why we're labelling it a "Portrait Deck"

If I had come across this thread looking for more info about the Touchstone and wondering whether to buy it or not...I'd have been turned away by the phrase "Portrait Deck"

I don't know why I feel that way.....maybe it's a standard way of describing a certain kind of deck (never heard that before, I must admit) but if I'd seen that, and not gotten my copies of this deck, I'd never have known what I could have had!!

Just wondering if we need to label it a "Portrait Deck?"

Librarycat

My replacement cards have arrived. I am now playing with a full deck (or I will be when I get home.) Can't wait!

faunabay

All In One,
Portraits are just semi closeup paintings of people showing their head and shoulders. When someone gets their portrait done it's a painting of just their head and shoulders. And that's what this deck is. Each of the cards pretty much shows the people's head and shoulders, maybe a little bit more, but not the whole figure. That's why we're calling it a portrait deck.

GryffinSong

Mine arrived today, and like everyone else, I'm enchanted with it! Mine is number 282, and came with the black bag with gold and light blue trim.

As for portrait decks, I would call it so much more than that. There is much more than just the head and shoulders of these figures showing. In fact, most of them show at least to the waist or below. And there is TONS of details in the images. Far more than, say, the Morgan Greer or the Aquarian, which are both more-or-less portrait decks too. This is a very complex deck, and I can see that it'll take awhile to get to know everyone in it. But the images are so approachable that it'll be a really wonderful journey! :D

BodhiSeed

Can someone tell me how to get in touch with Leisa from the Tarot Connection? My Touchstone came in the mail today, and I was so excited, but that excitement quickly got squashed. About half my cards seem to have squarish cut corners at the bottom; the Fool looks as if he has glue on the top and bottom, and the first 10 to 15 cards look like they stuck together and pulled off the color on the cards.
I wish they would just open the plastic around them and check to make sure all the cards were there and in good shape before sending them! I'm so disappointed!

Edited to add: Just figured out how to reach her via the Tarot Connection site.

GryffinSong

Oh, bummer bodhran!!! Mine came out fine, and I checked that all the cards were there. I'm sure they'll make it right.

Edited to add: Just pulled out my deck and the corners on the bottom aren't quite as rounded as the top. No biggy to me, but mine doesn't have the other issues.

BodhiSeed

Wow! Leisa is FAST! She's already replied to my email and will be shipping out a new one to me! :D

Leisa

This deck has been a very difficult child and may be the last one I take on.

Librarycat

Leisa said:
This deck has been a very difficult child and may be the last one I take on.

Second babies are almost always easier than the first. :)

Thank you for being so good about taking care of the problems.

All Is One

faunabay said:
All In One,
Portraits are just semi closeup paintings of people showing their head and shoulders. When someone gets their portrait done it's a painting of just their head and shoulders. And that's what this deck is. Each of the cards pretty much shows the people's head and shoulders, maybe a little bit more, but not the whole figure. That's why we're calling it a portrait deck.

Thanks! I almost think I get it now! Are you saying that any deck that featured that view of the characters in the deck, whether it was the Voyager type of deck or the Hello Kitty deck, would be referred to as a "Portrait Deck" due to the way it "portrayed" the characters?

I did say I'm the slowest one around here, did I not? :p