View Single Post
student of tarot

rwcarter 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Promise
The past few days have been pretty much completely unproductive in terms of my IDS. I've done no real studying and absolutely no journal writing, but I've been meditating on the cards and doing some simple spell-work. With all the hurricane stress buzzing around here, I've been doing lots of light-work and just trying to put out some generally positive vibes into the Universe.
I'd most definitely call meditating on the cards and light spell work productive use of your cards!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Promise
On a serious note, I'm not sure if I'm going to IDS with the full Greenwood deck or just stick with the Majors and the Courts. It seems a little silly to study the Minors that have pretty specific keywords on them, but I don't know. I mean, how many things are there to say about Protection or Home or Insecurity? They are what they are.
Yeah, that's the double-edged sword with keywords on the frigging cards, isn't it? How about we all put some vibes out there to deck creators to stop putting keywords on the cards! Include them in the LWB or companion book, but leave them off the cards for goodness sakes!

As for those keywords you listed, can you list the things you might want to protect that are related to that particular card, why you would want to protect them, what protection means to you, etc? As for Home, there's the saying, "Home is where the heart is." What makes a place feel like home to you? What other places do you consider home? What, if anything, is the difference between a house and a home to you? And for insecurity, what does that mean to you? Is it physical, mental, emotional? (I'm not familiar with the Greenwood deck.) How do you overcome insecurity? How does insecurity make you feel?

Hope that helps you think of ways to deal with the minors.

Rodney
Top   #663