Intensive Deck Study Support Thread ~ Part 2

peridot

thorhammer said:
:D.Thanks mate - thorhammer and Kat are the same person, btw ;) :D

\m/ Kat

Oh, ok, that didn’t even dawn on this Marblehead! This makes sense as I couldn’t find a Kat anywhere in this thread! Let me quote Homer Simpson if I may “DOU!!”:)

Onyx said:
After a crazy and deck hopping summer I am now ready to embrace the next season of my life with a new deck and a new whole concept of Tarot. As I am listening to "The Process" I have decided that I am ready to clear my desk of all the tarot noise and nonsense and get down to basics again. And when I mean basic, I mean basic. I have determined it is time for me to tackle the wonderful world of non-illustrated pips….

I think that is all I am willing to commit to at this time. I am a mix of much fear and trembeling but also excitement because this will with out a doubt be a huge step for my Tarot practice.

Onyx.

Good for you! I’ve liked a lot of decks with the non illustrated pips but have always shied away and not taken the time to really attempt a deck like that. Well, maybe some day… Sounds like a fantastic voyage. Good wishes

Keavy McGee said:
Hello, fellow IDSers!! I am checking in on my very happy and successful IDS with Vanessa over the Summer and now I'm going to give that cheeky gal a rest and begin with a new deck for Autumn.

Still choosing.

Right now, it's between the Golden, the Grail, the Secret Forest, and the Sharman-Caselli. :D No easy choice, then!! :laugh:

I'm happy to report that during my three months with Vanessa, I started a blog, an AT Study Group which kicked off this weekend with a highly entertaining Launch Party, and experimented with Friday night readings here on AT. I enjoyed it all thoroughly and learned a lot. …

I just want to close by saying what an inspiration and what incredible teachers you all are to me. Congrats to Thorhammer for completing her IDS and if I've missed anyone else who deserves congrats, I do apologize and send best wishes anyway...sometimes when I've been away a long time I find it hard to get all caught up and just read the most recent posts, which of course means I miss a lot, so kudos to all you great finishers out there, you rock!!!

And to all you new starters, Hail and Well Met, I trust your journeys with your IDS decks will be fruity and fruitful!!

Party On!!

Keavy:heart:

Keavy McGee, what a wonderful post! Also, your post totally inspired me to start a blog of my own. I never ever thought I would blog about anything but this may just keep me on track! Instead of posting daily draws here I’ll just stick them on the blog. It’s sort of fun actually. So thanks to you! Oh, and I I really like the Secret Forest :)

Welcome Sapienza, Onyx and teomat ! Hope I didn’t miss anyone.. welcome!

Keavy McGee

peridot said:
Keavy McGee, what a wonderful post! Also, your post totally inspired me to start a blog of my own. I never ever thought I would blog about anything but this may just keep me on track! Instead of posting daily draws here I’ll just stick them on the blog. It’s sort of fun actually. So thanks to you! Oh, and I I really like the Secret Forest :)

Hey, peridot, thanks *blushing*. My mum's favourite gemstone is peridot, so groovy name there :D

Congrats on starting a blog, I'm going to go check it out now. It's fun, isn't it!! And easy!! So you're really welcome and thanks for the acknowledgement.

...as for the Secret Forest...it's suddenly gone into hiding and I can't find it anywhere!! Weird :bugeyed: maybe it doesn't want to play right now :lightbulb LOL

:D

Party On, wild and wooly IDSers!!

Keavy:party:

ETA: Wowiewowowowowow!!! That is one blog you got going there, peridot honey!! It's amazing what you've done in such a short time!! love the layout and colour scheme, love your links, library, postings. Brava! I'm a fan!!

Hemera

Keavy McGee said:
ETA: Wowiewowowowowow!!! That is one blog you got going there, peridot honey!! It's amazing what you've done in such a short time!! love the layout and colour scheme, love your links, library, postings. Brava! I'm a fan!!

where,where where?? :bugeyed: I want to see it,too :D
and where is yours Keavy?

[off to search..]

and FOUND them..WOWOWOWOW for the both of you :party:

teomat

peridot said:

I like your blog too peridot!

I'm a recent blog-convert too, and I'm really enjoying it. It's great to be able to keep an online journal that you can access anywhere around the world. It also helps to keep me focussed on my IDS.

Speaking of which...it's now one week since I started my IDS. And for someone who flirts incessantly with all my decks, that's a record for me! :)

peridot

Keavy McGee said:
Hey, peridot, thanks *blushing*. My mum's favourite gemstone is peridot, so groovy name there :D

Congrats on starting a blog, I'm going to go check it out now. It's fun, isn't it!! And easy!! So you're really welcome and thanks for the acknowledgement.

Wow! now I’m blushing… thanks so much!! Yeah, it is fun actually. I never thought I’d get into blogging but I like it ok so far. I still haven’t quite gotten used to the fact that other people may actually read it. ;)

Thank you too Hemera and teomat!

teomat said:
I'm a recent blog-convert too, and I'm really enjoying it. It's great to be able to keep an online journal that you can access anywhere around the world. It also helps to keep me focussed on my IDS.

Yeah, it’s a lot quicker than writing in my notebook too and I feel a bit more motivated and focused as well.

thorhammer

*grumbles* This whole IDS thing has poisoned me! :D

I can't seem to get into the swing of my other decks at the moment - I tried with the Circle of Life but I think that one's dead in the water :rolleyes: Sad, but there you go. I'm good with the Secret Forest but it's saving itself for the Shadow work . . . DruidCraft seems vague and distant, Nigel Jackson I think is on drugs :D . . . everything seems to be inaccessible for me.

I know, I know, it's me . . . this is just my way of expressing what is going on in my Tarot head.

Yay.

Maybe I need to buckle down again, with the Thoth/Liber T. Been walking around it for a while now, maybe it'll be nice to study for the long hot summer that approaches.

\m/ Kat

sapienza

thorhammer said:
Maybe I need to buckle down again, with the Thoth/Liber T. Been walking around it for a while now, maybe it'll be nice to study for the long hot summer that approaches.

Well Kat, if you need some Thoth enabling, let me know :D I'm loving mine right now. In fact only yesterday I finally took the plunge and trimmed a large Thoth. I did a reasonable job and I LOVE it. It's not perfect but it is SO SO much better than before that I'm thrilled. I never realised just how much of those large cards is border. Now they are fantastic to shuffle and the backs look amazing without the white borders. OK, I'll stop gushing about the deck now.

I do feel like I need a bit more structure for myself with this IDS though. I'd like to journal but I know I won't. It was interesting reading about everyones blogging experiences. I'm not sure I'm ready for that, but perhaps I could type my thoughts rather than writing them. This way the pressure is off because I can edit and cut and paste. I always hesitate to write in a journal in case I mess it up. It kind of destroys my flow. I'll see how I go.

Hope everyone else is taroting along well :)

thorhammer

sapienza said:
Well Kat, if you need some Thoth enabling, let me know :D I'm loving mine right now. In fact only yesterday I finally took the plunge and trimmed a large Thoth. I did a reasonable job and I LOVE it. It's not perfect but it is SO SO much better than before that I'm thrilled. I never realised just how much of those large cards is border. Now they are fantastic to shuffle and the backs look amazing without the white borders. OK, I'll stop gushing about the deck now.
I have four (count them), yes, four copies of the Thoth. Two small, one of which is trimmed, and two large, one of which is green and I LOVELOVELOVELOVELOVE:heart:LOVELOVELOVELOVELOVE and the other, which is "normal" and halfway through being trimmed. I agree - trimming them does make them look so much more otherworldly and beautiful. I put them down a week or so ago because it was getting dark and I couldn't see properly (hard to trim, some of those lines) and haven't got back to them . . . must take out my green one again. I love it so much :heart:

\m/ Kat

sapienza

I can't believe you love the green one :) I have had mine for years and never really liked it. The colours in mine seem so washed out compared to the new, more vibrant ones. The back of the greenies are great though because they are borderless. It is tricky to see the lines on some of the cards when trimming, I only did mine yesterday and I've still got sore hands from holding the scissors. Happy trimming :)

Quantum James

thorhammer said:
*grumbles* This whole IDS thing has poisoned me! :D

\m/ Kat

Yay! more Liber-T IDS company! Join us Kat, its great fun.

I have had terrible week in my work life but a fantastic tarot week! Maybe these two things are related hmmm... Anyway

I feel like I have grown so much this last couple of days in my reading, something shifted and I am seeing the cards in a new way. I stopped trying to figure out what those decan images are supposed to mean, and the Liber-T is beginning to read a bit more like a non illustrated pip deck - except it as pictures!

I know that sounds contradictory, but I think its because those cryptic minors do not explicitly narrate meanings as such - so your conscious mind never truly gets a conceptual hold of them, if that makes sense. There is more free play and always that slight mystery and confusion around those images which when i stopped fighting it has really opened up new possibilities.

I am beginning to feel that by not producing a companion book Negrini has actually done us a great favor!