Intensive Deck Study Support Thread ~ Part 2

Cat*

Kilted Kat said:
This product comes with sheets that have perforations that the cards pop out of.
I think I saw something similar (note: I'm also not here and just a figment of your imagination ;)) when I once made a Depeche Mode lyrics oracle for a friend (I believe I had business card sheets). I decided against using the perforated cards because the card stock still was awfully thin for a deck that was supposed to be shuffled, and the perforation made the edges very "fuzzy" once they cards were separated from the sheet. Therefore I'd recommend popping out the cards from one sheet to check the edges and stability of the material before you spend hours on the layout of something that doesn't work out the way you imagined. (Disclaimer: Since I haven't looked at what you chose in detail, we might be talking about different products.)

firecatpickles

I hope these are not too flimsy. Live and learn, if they are.

I already have the scans and reductions done, all I have to to is insert them into the template and print off. As far as the perforations go, I am going to trim down the cards anyway. I also may coat them with spray shellac or have them laminated at Kinko's.

thorhammer

Cat* said:
(note: I'm also not here and just a figment of your imagination ;))
This thread is going to Oz . . . in a handbasket :D

With Toto.

\m/ Kat

firecatpickles

Well thor, I am definitely making a pledge to use this deck from now till at least winter solstice, if not beyond so perhaps you can add me to the list :D

thorhammer

Will do, mate . . . er . . . because the thread's gotten all confused . . . what's the deck? :D

\m/ Kat

ETA: 'Sorright, I got it :D

Quantum James

Hi there - wanted to pop by and say how my IDS has been going. *wave*

I have been working through the court cards using Mary Greer and Tom Little's book, which has been great. The Liber T/Thoth court structure is finally beginning to fit coherently into my mind - before it was all a bit vague and I would have to force myself to read the knight as a king rather mechanically.

Have had some wonderful insights with the rest of the deck - its really gotten under my skin. I cant even look at my other decks, they seem so flat by comparison - even my Universal Fantasy which I had a special place for a while now.

Anyway, greetings all round!

Best,
QJ

SolSionnach

Kilted Kat said:
This product comes with sheets that have perforations that the cards pop out of.
Oh, okay... now I see it.
I want to know what brand of cardstock thinbuddha is using for his restored Payen. I may be doing some hi-tech deck printing around here sometime soon...:)
Quantum James said:
Hi there - wanted to pop by and say how my IDS has been going. *wave*
Hey you! :)
Quantum James said:
I have been working through the court cards using Mary Greer and Tom Little's book, which has been great. The Liber T/Thoth court structure is finally beginning to fit coherently into my mind - before it was all a bit vague and I would have to force myself to read the knight as a king rather mechanically.
QJ, what are the elemental attribs of the Liber T knights? Are they fire or air?? I've never been able to figure the knights and princes out - and how they correlate to the knight/king in the RWS. Can you enlighten me?? ;)
Quantum James said:
Have had some wonderful insights with the rest of the deck - its really gotten under my skin. I cant even look at my other decks, they seem so flat by comparison - even my Universal Fantasy which I had a special place for a while now.
Isn't that just crazy? I know that feeling as well - other fav decks have gone by the wayside for me, too.

re: my IDS - I'm starting to post my daily draws, and reading the Gettings book as well. It's awesome for the TdM, and has really opened up the way I see the cards I've read about.

thorhammer

sravana said:
QJ, what are the elemental attribs of the Liber T knights? Are they fire or air?? I've never been able to figure the knights and princes out - and how they correlate to the knight/king in the RWS. Can you enlighten me??
As long as the Liber T follows the Thoth in its courts, then the Knights are the Firey part of their respective elements. Princesses are the Earthy part, Princes the Airy and Queens the Watery.

\m/ Kat

Quantum James

sravana said:
Oh, okay... now I see it.
QJ, what are the elemental attribs of the Liber T knights? Are they fire or air?? I've never been able to figure the knights and princes out - and how they correlate to the knight/king in the RWS. Can you enlighten me??

Well... its as Kat says knights are fire and princes air. And as far as correlating with RWS court, they simply just DO NOT. This has been my major realization - I cannot transpose the meanings or attitudes at all. The Thoth/GD structure is its own - its not as simple as swapping them. Once this stuck in my head I decided to scrap trying that and look at the court with fresh eyes. Admittedly, its totally counterintuitive by comparison to the European feudal court structure represented in RWS.

The most confusing part being that Knight-king (as the Liber T LWB calls them) is the mature yang energy, with king-like consort qualities in relation to the queen AND the get up and go energy of a RWS knight. While the Prince has the unstable youthful energy of RWS knight AND the rulership qualities of a king - as the king in training.

I have started thinking of them as King part 1 and part 2 - what this does do however is undermine the hierarchical structure of the RWS court making the whole thing very flat - and very matriarchal actually.

Anyway, I am still trying to fully integrate the idea into my head - I suspect when the transformation is complete my brain structure will be *permanently* altered! :laugh:

[EDIT]: Oh my I had an epiphany as I read my own post! The RWS court structure models a courts structure as single 'family' unit. The Thoth structure is more temporal or TIME based. The Prince is the King in phase 1 of his development and he grows up and becomes Knight-king in phase 2. Same for the princess, who grows up to become the queen!

The Prince grows up gets on his horse and goes to another kingdom to go marry a princess who has grown up and become the new queen... They have two children; a prince and princess - the throne eventually passes to the princess and prince leaves to go marry another princess elsewhere...

Its described in the Greer/Little book to that effect but its only now as I posted that it all made sense.

Quantum James

Sheesh I put the thread to sleep with my Thoth court ramble!

:|