EPIPHANY! A New Take on the Major Arcana

rwcarter

dangerdork said:
Another idea that I'll eventually be toying with is this: we have eight Minor Paths (Inner and Outer for each of the four suits), each telling a certain story as described above. I think it will be tremendous fun to go and examine each of these with the MBPI system.
Oh dangerdork.... Dangerdork.... I don't think you ever got around to doing this, did you? :D

Rodney

rwcarter

rwcarter said:
dangerdork,

Since this is your baby (the rest of us are merely babysitters), I think it would be a good idea if you put up the various Seven Stations Spreads in the Spreads forum (and link back to this thread of course!). I'd be happy to do it if you like, but I don't want to appear to be stealing your thunder. I'm also still thinking of other spreads that could be created that utilize the Major and/or Minor layouts of the Seven Stations.

Rodney
Oh dangerdork.... Dangerdork.... I threatened to do this more than a year ago, but didn't. I will if you don't. There are at least four spreads listed in this thread, and they should be shared with the larger AT population!:
Rodney

flying black kat

Rodney your dedication is amazing. Thank you for sharing all your hard learned knowledge with me and all here at AT. I have learned so much from you, you keep me studying.

kathy

rwcarter

Thanks Kathy! But I'm just running with the ball until our dear dangerdork gets back up to speed and takes it back from me....:D (hint, hint, hint dangerdork....)

(If you're talking in general and not just about the Seven Stations, I'm flattered. What good is knowledge unless it's shared?)

Rodney

dangerdork

His dedication IS amazing, isn't it Kat?

We can certainly share these spreads by porting them over to that forum. I'll get right on that...

rwcarter

dangerdork said:
We can certainly share these spreads by porting them over to that forum. I'll get right on that...
Yay!!!!!

Cerulean

Colors, a small sidebar and chakra alignment

Just one of those parallels...starting from the lowest to the highest, color ranking...

Rodney says:
As for colors, I know red is the beginning of the visible spectrum and violet is the end of it, so it would be:

(numbers and chakras added by Cerulean)
1. Origin - Red - root chakra
2. Inspiration - Orange - sacral
3. Power - Yellow - solar plexus
4. Turning Point - Green -heart
5. Transformation - Blue - throat
6. Epiphany - Indigo - third eye
7. Destiny - Violet - crown

The start of seven chakras from red at the bottom to violet/purple being on top is used in visualizing healing or attunement with that chakra. Dion Fortune wrote that even with her sketchy knowledge of yoga back in her time (1920s through 1950s), she managed 'on her own' to find color associations that fit when she delved into the subject more deeply.

Gareth Knight augmented her more sketchy discussions in a 1996-7 reprint by pointing out that what used to be considered secret occult knowledge was much more accessible and understood in common language nowadays. Yoga chakras and color associations for instance are tiny bits of information in many books found in a bargin bin--or pretty colored sequins, stones or glass
attached to 'healing' wands.

What I find interesting is the keywords associated with the colors might find interesting parallels in visualization and healing work.

Seven chakras and 'other' associations - the chart is what is of interest-- attached below separately--it was attached to a workshop ad, so the chart is posted for informational interest.

Other seven and chakra associations:
http://www.sanatansociety.org/yoga_and_meditation/seven_chakras.htm

There's free download of seven tones associated with each chakra, but I haven't tried them.

Sacred seven in tarot layouts certainly yields some interesting byways! Hope it adds interests and bridges to other tarot-related topics and byways.

Cerulean

Attachments

• chakrachart.jpg
    chakrachart.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 160

dangerdork

Wow, thanks Cerulean!

I think I started going this direction way back in post 116 of this thread, but you've made it much clearer here!

As a comparison point, we can look at this diagram to see the correspondences with the Seven Stations with the colors of each chakra. Speaking of the downloadable tones, are those correlated with the Platonic Music of the Spheres?

Cerulean

I hope the true musicians can help us here

The sound samples below for a musical instrument is too advanced for me.

http://www.crucible.org/pythagorean_tone_generators.htm

That's with a quick google search--so the musical people perhaps can say????

I've never heard the true music of the spheres, nor the chakra tones.

I only have learned limited pitch and tuning to a limited vocal range on an old-fashioned Japanese lute. It has four silk strings and old wooden pegs--I mean real old wooden pegs you pull out and poke the twined silk through.

I hope these small signal posts help you guys further advance.

Regards,

Cerulean

dangerdork

Year, Soul, and Personality Cards

So I was just looking at the neighbouring thread on Year, Soul, and Personality Cards. These are all worked out numerologically by adding together the digits of your birth date. I always get confused with which numbers to add when, and noticed that someone was kind enough to post this online tool , which makes it easy. After discovering that my magic number is 22 (yay!), I looked at the chart provided, and I noticed something. The Soul Card, Personality Card, Hidden Factor Card, AND Tarot Constellation ALWAYS fall in the SAME PATH under the Epiphany system!!!

I find this intriguing.