Intensive Deck Study Support Thread ~ Part 2

Prism

Hi everybody,

I'm just popping in to say that I'm done with the Victorian Romantic for now, and I've moved on to the Fairytale, which I'm hoping to stick with at least until the Solstice. I'm not quite sure how to approach it, but I think I'll just pull individual cards until I get through all the stories, and then take it from there. I'm not even sure I'll ever be able to read with it, but it's a new take on the cards, which I'm hoping will give my mind a little stretch.

Prism

SolSionnach

Quantum James said:
Sheesh I put the thread to sleep with my Thoth court ramble!

:|
Sorry that I haven't replied!
I got my new iMac on Thursday, so I've been a wee bit occupied with that. It's my first Mac, so there is a bit of a learning curve. :)

Quantum James

Sure, understandable, and welcome to the land of mac - once you adjust you will love it....

firecatpickles

This is what I have been up to: an emergency deck for my car!

Attachments

• hadar mini.JPG
    hadar mini.JPG
    57.2 KB · Views: 86

rwcarter

Kilted Kat said:
an emergency deck for my car!
In case you feel the need to do a reading at the red light? :laugh:

Nice work though. Edges look very straight and even.

Rodney

firecatpickles

Thank you :D

And, well, everyone needs a glove box deck for emergency road side or red light readings, I say!

Essjay

Steady progress with the Radiant. I have been journaling, although not as often as I should be. At the moment I'm finding my daily cards (just two) very clear - too clear! There's work I should be cracking on with but am not and they keep reminding me!

crystal09

I really need to join 1 of these and make nice with my Quest Tarot deck.

peridot

Disa said:
Hi guys!

I think the IDS is done for me. My heart's not in it. I've learned that I love, love, LOVE the Buckland Romani. I've also learned that I don't think I want to STUDY the Bohemian Gothic, but just use it when it feels appropriate and just read the cards. IT's such a visually powerful deck, I have barely looked at it at all, but when I do read with it, it's great to just see what jumps out at me.

I think I'd like to look through my other decks and use whichever one suits the mood of the situation for now. I'm actually wondering if I should begin to pare down my collection since I know more about what I like and what I don't, but I would probably regret it if I let even one deck go.

I wish you all well with the rest of your IDS. I'm sure I'll pop in sometime. Many thanks to all of you who inspired me to keep going.

Lots of love,

Disa
I sort of feel the same actually. I haven't really been posting much here at AT (I miss this place actually) but I have been posting stuff on my blog which got going because of this thread! I'm really enjoying it and it's becoming a good thing for me I think. I think you've done great and sometimes things just run their course and we move on to something else.. best wishes. see you around! :)

rwcarter

crystal09 said:
I really need to join 1 of these and make nice with my Quest Tarot deck.
crystal,

Welcome aboard. The IDS is whatever you want it to be, and we're here to help you however you might want us to.

Rodney