A new de-enabling thread

GreenMoonBeam

i KNEW that.LOL. Just to humor AIO!

gregory

PS Pictorial Key is lots worse. Just in case you go look at that now :D Poser software, by the look of it.

FaireMaiden

Initiatory Tarot of the Golden Dawn

Le Fanu said:
I ordered the new Scarabeo Initiatory Tarot of the Golden Dawn... I know it´s just all bursting boobs and is shamelessly unbalanced in terms of gender. And I know the kind of readings it´s going to give; Card for the day; all your clothes are going to fall off (but only if you´re female)... I know all this. I know it´s comic book stuff.

But it has an energy which draws me in. I like the energy of it, the colours, the different angles and perspectives. I feel I need deck which is MODERN and youthful...
http://www.albideuter.de/html/initiatory_golden_dawn_0.html

Well... I don't often post here because I'm of the mind that people want what they want whether it's good for them or not and, seeing the err of their ways, are left to learn the invaluable lesson of: 'what was I thinking!' *lol*, and either sell it, trade it, burn it, or whatever...

Alas, when I went to see the photos of this deck I was immediately smacked upside the head with, 'what was Lo Scarabeo thinking!' *lol*

I'm afraid I must wholly disagree with your assessment of 'modern and youthful' for if ever there was deck that screamed 'timeless lechery' this is it! *lol*... The entire stereotype of sneaky Italians pinching unsuspecting women's behind's came flooding into my mind... I guess, for me, that must be what Lo Scarabeo means by 'Initiatory', *rofl*

In the end, the horrendous expression of what is supposed to be a magickal invitation into the numinous world of our psyche is only superseded by the flat, soulless expression of an overworked, underpaid, factory-line artist... and a not-very-good-one at that... In short, this deck falls into the realm of what I call 'paycheck decks'... It's not even interesting, or witty, enough, to be classified as 'camp'...

If you are seeking the energy of an erotic deck, and it seems that you are, there are much better ones out there...

Le Fanu

No need to worry. Ive been saved... De-enabling actually WORKS! :)

PS.. Ive just ordered the Quantum Tarot (far classier...)

jackdaw*

Ange said:
I need the Mystic Dreamer Tarot.

When I say I need it, I really do need it.

I can't eat, can't sleep, can't look at myself in a mirror, can't leave the house, can't get near the cat, can't empty the bins, can't hoover, ....oh I just can't function.....:( Where's my phone....:(

Hello....my name is Ange and I'm a Tarot deck addict....when can I have an appointment to see a counsellor....PLEASE......

Ang x
No you don't :D

It's got huge borders and one of those ubiquitous and empty Llewellyn companion books by which they justify charging $30 for $15 worth of Tarot. It's got very few men, and the same woman over and over. It's just another pretty photocollage deck.

gregory

She means it. She met mine in person and hated it :D

Ange

I love chocolate.....

I love chocolate

I love chocolate...:)

Jaffa cakes....jaffa cakes.....jaffa cakes....

The Jaffa cakes work better for me...:)

I don't like clouds...I don't like big yellow borders.....I don't like not many men....

Jaffa cakes...Jaffa cakes....:):)

I'm getting there.....

Ang x

magpie9

Mystic Dreamer, poison gas mists....

What with the big yellow borders, it would have been better if they had done all that misty moisty stuff in yellows too, and added gas-masks to the characters faces. It would have at least been interesting, and remarkable in some way.

gregory

The Gas mask Tarot. :bugeyed: Mags, I think you're on to something.....

Ange

Ah....imagine all the charectors in gas masks......:)

The old London smog...the horrid thick fog of Victorian times.....:(

No...I think I'm ok now....yes I've just looked at the images and there is no feeling there whatso ever....:):)

Oh great joy....thank you peeps....:):)

Ang x