Secrets of Lithomancy (stone or crystal divination)

floracove

Chronata, I'm not sure how I missed this before, but this is great info and ideas.
Thank you so much for sharing this with us!
:heart:

Master_Margarita

Chronata said:
Cool! I will attempt to find some batteries for my camera, and do this sometime this eveningt!

Thanks Master Margarita! I will use your question, and see what answers we may find!

I am thrilled! I am also going to print out your guide to the stones, although I still think I want to make an oracle from odds and ends I have other than stones. I still love the Playmobil Oracle I read about.

:heart: M_M~

devangana

i just finished reading all thats been posted here...what wonderful gifted people around here. its a good job chronata, i really learned a lot from this forum since i've been also a newbie in lithomancy. i've been reading crystals for a couple of months now. i just follow the pattern in the net like in my drop method theres a 12 houses that represents the zodiac signs with its corresponding meanings and also i do the picking up of 5 stones that represents the past, present, future, obstacles and helpful elements. but all these method is very private or personal because i do it at home due to the patterns of the spread that i need and the rituals beforehand. what i am interested now is the method that doesnt need any pattern so that i can read anyone, anywhere i like it, yet, theres really a lot to learn here. thank you so much.

Moonmystic

I just found this thread while searching for Pendulum knowledge. Chronata, I would still love to hear your thoughts on what combinations of stones can tell you about a person!

Thank you for sharing your wisdom!

Chronata

I am so pleased that this thread comes back up every so often, and that people really learned something from it!

I learned a lot from all of you as well!

As far as combinations, and what I can tell about someone...well, the personality meanings of the stones I use are in this thread somewhere!

I would have to go back through and see...but usually, combos that are picked by an individual tell me so much about that person before I do a tarot reading, that it make each successive reading so much more intimate and easier to connect.

I do read for a lot of "sensitives"...those who choose water and Moon together...are almost always psychic or sensitive in some way.

And Type A personalities almost always choose a combination that includes the Sun, fire, Male and/or the Center stone.

Creative artists (visual arts and musicians) almost always pick water and fire together, and usually Autumn and/or Spring.

The least chosen stone seems to be Air...but those who do choose it seem to be the skeptics...every single time...who believe in intellectual pursuits over emotional ones.

I remember three individuals who choose the Moon and Air...and each one was involved in Detective work (well, one was a mystery writer!)

It is very interesting how universal these stones seem to be! I am always intrigued if it works for other people too...and I wonder if shape or color matters more to tap into the unconscious universal symbolism, or if it's more of a matter of an unspoken energy exchange?

In other words, do people pick up what the stones mean, subconsciously through me?

I still wonder....

SherryZoned

Awesome thread. I am definitely going to do this. Any more updates from everyone?

SherryZoned

I was talking to my friend about this and she says she has white sand in a tray. Then you can draw in the sand what symbols you want and where. I thought that was a really neat idea.

Chronata

Sand Tray!

What a wonderful idea!

I have read in actual sand at the beach...but this is perfect!

Thanks for the great idea SherryZoned!

kmartin60

I have always wanted a tray with sand for my altar in my bathroom....kinda like a feng shue one that I have seen...but my problem is my cats! I can see the hrror of them trying to use it as a litter box!

So, for now it is still just a wish.......