gregory ---------

is psychic :laugh:

})

All Is One

Psychic and very very smart.

Cat*

karenquilter said:
Tell me about the Samurai Tarot.
HUGE distractingly patterned borders. Little facial expression. The backs look like they got more artistic attention than any of the card fronts which look as if they are the sketches for the real Samurai deck.

Just in case you want any rational arguments to back up gregory's advice. ;)

karenquilter

I'm putting it on my Christmas wish list anyway. You guys have to do a lot better than that if you want to de-enable me.

Debra

Hm. Samurai. Do you know any? Do you want to be one? What makes you think a deck about the warrior class in Japan is meaningful for tarot? Seems like a gimmick...gosh, it is a gimmick.

GreenMoonBeam

karenquilter said:
I'm putting it on my Christmas wish list anyway. You guys have to do a lot better than that if you want to de-enable me.

A complete waste of your money, imo. The Samurai were of a culture of centuries past. This deck is of modern times, and a poor poor use of what I
might call Japanimation. (More correctly known now as anime.) It is modern
images poorly defined, have no heart or soul and therefore are a tad common.
Gregory is correct. Just do not buy this one. As it is water-colored paintings
washed out comes to mind as well. Looks like a poor second cousin made in
China.

magpie9

That is bad, hasty who-cares art. If the cards were in the style of the card backs, it would be something potentially worth having, since the backs are in an authentic style of the time of the Samurai, But crappy half-done anime? And not even Asian anime, but LS Italian anime...have you checked the scans for busty nekkid broads?

But hey, if you really want to blow your Xmas pressies on crappy decks, that's your choice. Me, I'd hold out for something special, not a run-of-the-mill flavor of the week you'll be looking to trade away 2 weeks after the Hols.

Annabelle

The Samurai tarot? Icky. Even I haven't bought it, and I buy most new decks as they come out.

It's just one more among the trendy rubbish pile of "theme" decks that try very hard to throw a theme onto a tarot deck to see what sticks.

I have a whole shelf full of "theme" decks that I never, ever use. Don't be like me! Steer clear.

C'mon, all we really need to read tarot is a good old Rider-Waite-Smith :).

gregory

It looks lke a really bad comic. And a comic would be a lot cheaper. I could make alternative suggestions but they would not belong in this thread. :D

Also - it doesn't read well. And that is REALLY true - I tried once :D No detail to speak of and it feels violent - and that shows up when you read.