A new de-enabling thread

gregory

Cat* said:
...and it's such a good place to say nasty things and have it be welcome! :D
Artists who drop by - please note that this IS the de-enabling thread })

ilweran said:
Somebody tell me I don't need a copy of the 3rd Edition Vertigo Tarot. I have the 1st Ed but daren't use it, so I'm thinking if I got the 3rd I could actually use it rather than just admire it, but would I? Or would it just go with the rest of the collection? Would it matter when it's by Dave McKean and I love his art? But then I already have one I can look at. But I think I'd like to use it as well.

I don't know. Help!
I have a friend who just bought one. She regrets it already (it arrived yesterday !) and plans to keep it pristine to sell at a vast profit in a few years. Wait and buy hers to help fund her retirement. This is a KIND forum.... :D

ilweran

Aerin said:
You could probably swap your first for several copies of the 3rd.... but I hear you say 'No!'
It was more of a 'eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeekkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk, NEVER!!!!!' whilst clutching the 1st Ed to my chest and comforting it :D

Also, the different editions might fight.
lol, the decks I use are kept in a different place to the ones that are just looked at and admired, but as we're moving into a new house that may change. I wouldn't like my 1st Ed to get injured by a less valuable upstart...

Argh. I don't know. It's in my Amazon basket but I've made no moves to actually buy it. I may move it into the 'saved for later' bit so I don't 'accidently' purchase it with my christmas shopping (which is a geniune risk despite my use of '' to indicate otherwise) when there are so many things to think about.

I just can't do decisions right now, I'm too busy thinking of what we need to buy - things like clothes horses, colanders, cutlery as well as van hire and how quickly can we get an internet connection once we move in. Plus I think the graphics card on our PC has just died.

You'd think all that would be reason enough not to buy it, but I'm lacking in will power right now and am on a diet and ate a lot of Thai food last night so chocolate is not an option.

*sigh* and now I'm babbling :rolleyes:

Debra

Step away from the keyboard.

Aerin

I think it is called the Vertigo because looking at the pictures gives you Vertigo. It probably has to be kept safely on the floor where it may trip you up.

I am glad I don't like it. I am saving money. I could never want a Star card that looks like a limbless torso.

Aerin

gregory

Aerin said:
I am glad I don't like it. I am saving money. I could never want a Star card that looks like a limbless torso.
:bugeyed: I am upset now. :(

But nice one, Aerin !

Mariana

ilweran said:
am on a diet and ate a lot of Thai food last night so chocolate is not an option.
Take a hot bubble bath with your favourite scented candles. Watch an old-fashioned romantic movie (preferably in the company of a female friend). Dig up the cds you listened to as a teenager and dance to them. Hey, there are lots of ways to make you feel happy that do not involve buying decks OR eating!

Cat*

thorhammer said:
Cat*, you may just be evil, deep down inside yourself :)
Parts of me nod wildly in agreement. Others vehemently shake their heads. I think all of them are telling the truth. I will leave it to others to speculate about the sizes of the respective parts. :)

gregory said:
Artists who drop by - please note that this IS the de-enabling thread })
Most emphatically! De-enabling is about seeing only the bad in a deck, and blowing it up as much as possible until the goal of fulfilling a de-enabling request is fulfilled (or the requester is sure against all odds that they want the deck). At least it is for me. I'm eagerly waiting for the day when I'll get to de-enable someone from a deck I own, use, and love. :D

ilweran said:
we're moving into a new house
Any deck you buy before the move will have to be packed, worried about (it might get damaged or lost!), carried, and - if you're lucky - unpacked. This is a bad time to buy anything. Except maybe from stuff that directly helps you move. Note the emphasis on "directly." Nuff said.

gregory

Cat* said:
Most emphatically! De-enabling is about seeing only the bad in a deck, and blowing it up as much as possible until the goal of fulfilling a de-enabling request is fulfilled (or the requester is sure against all odds that they want the deck). At least it is for me. I'm eagerly waiting for the day when I'll get to de-enable someone from a deck I own, use, and love. :D
Somewhere I have done the BBC. That was tough !!!!

All Is One

gregory said:
Somewhere I have done the BBC. That was tough !!!!

Link me to that some day, Greggers. That would be the kind of thing that would get you elected to high public office.

I hope to get the chance to de-enable people from my very favorite decks. It would be enormous fun.Like telling my sister terrible things about Andy that are really not any big deal, just sort of fun to complain about.

I could happily de-enable someone from the Thoth, the Merlin, the Victorian Romantic, the Giger, the Deviant Moon, the Touchstone.....

You were probably just vicious about the BBC. It's more fun when you really LOVE the deck. Please, let me de-enable someone on my husband....just for the target practice. :bugeyed:

I'm trying to get a back up copy of the large greenish Thoth. None available for quite awhile.

Anyone is welcome to de-enable me.....