A new de-enabling thread

gregory

Well, it's like, green. I have one that is a bit sproutish. Not a lot of people like sprouts. And someone just trimmed it - and the images aren't all the same size.

And for some reason they are quite often a bit smelly....

All Is One

I thought the odor that clings to my one Thoth greenie was....well...my fault.

Hmmmm.

Well, ok. But it's THE deck to own,isn't it?

Cat*

All Is One said:
Well, ok. But it's THE deck to own,isn't it?
Is it? According to whom? I for one haven't found my life (or my tarot collection) lacking because I don't own a Thoth greenie.

And why exactly should we own one? I have failed to understand that as of yet. I think that the tiny confused voice inside of you (the one that made you post here and ask for de-enabling) neither understands why possession of a Thoth greenie would make your life any better...

And besides, are you really one of the people who buy things so they can be in with the "in crowd"? :D

sapienza

The colours of the green Thoth are not just green, they are awful! They are very washed out and pale in comparison to other editions. And, as previously mentioned, all the images are different sizes so trimming is out. It's funny because for ages everyone hated the fact that the deck was 'green' and wanted earlier editions or a new edition with better colouring. So they got rid of the green and published a deck with gorgeous vibrant colours....and now everyone wants the green one. Crazy stuff. And did I read correctly that you have one already???? I say, save your money!

All Is One

Cat* said:
Is it? According to whom? I for one haven't found my life (or my tarot collection) lacking because I don't own a Thoth greenie.

And why exactly should we own one? I have failed to understand that as of yet. I think that the tiny confused voice inside of you (the one that made you post here and ask for de-enabling) neither understands why possession of a Thoth greenie would make your life any better...

And besides, are you really one of the people who buy things so they can be in with the "in crowd"? :D

The viciousness is so nice and thick in here! Ummmm. Nice and toasty with the warmth of a deck burning.

I took my greenie Thoth out before I left on this trip and left it out on the bookshelf where I could see it.

It looked like old lettuce.

And NO NO NO I don't want to be anywhere near the "in" crowd. Unfortunately my head is full of people and I am my own crowd. And decidedly unfashionable. I refused to buy a VR for over 2 years just because everyone said I "must" have it.

I was terribly wrong, but so what! I have principles! Don't I?

All Is One

Sapienza, I own at least two other versions but they are small.

All you're doing is making me want to find a large and vibrantly colored version of the Thoth and buy three copies.

Curse you.

thorhammer

sapienza said:
The colours of the green Thoth are not just green, they are awful! They are very washed out and pale in comparison to other editions. And, as previously mentioned, all the images are different sizes so trimming is out. It's funny because for ages everyone hated the fact that the deck was 'green' and wanted earlier editions or a new edition with better colouring. So they got rid of the green and published a deck with gorgeous vibrant colours....and now everyone wants the green one. Crazy stuff. And did I read correctly that you have one already???? I say, save your money!
Not only all that, but the two copies that I have :| have different colour palettes within the deck!!!! :bugeyed: Now that is distracting! I have a few decks like this and HATE it!

Also, the images in the greenies are just not as crisp and beautiful as the awesome AGM large version. You've got one of those? Great. Go no further.

\m/ Kat

Cat*

All Is One said:
The viciousness is so nice and thick in here! Ummmm. Nice and toasty with the warmth of a deck burning.
Thought you might like it. ;) (But deck burning?! No, no, no! We don't burn decks. We burn LWBs. They stink less when set on fire due to lack of lamination.)

Old lettuce, huh? How about accessorizing the greenie you already have with some salad that's been put near a heater for just a few minutes then? You'd be absolutely unique with that approach to the whole issue! Plus, think of the exciting possibilities for draping the old lettuce! No deck can provide that! :)

WolfSpirit

Green Thoth, yuck.
When I saw that people not just tolerated it, but actually wanted it, I knew that litterally everything is saleable if it gets the right sale rep.
It is just a horrible mistake. People felt sick looking at it and could not get rid of it quickly enough.
If one person likes this deck and gives it cult status - fine.
If everyone starts thinking this is the deck to have - erm, is anyone else reminded of lemmings jumping off a cliff ?

ilweran

Cat* said:
Any deck you buy before the move will have to be packed, worried about (it might get damaged or lost!), carried, and - if you're lucky - unpacked. This is a bad time to buy anything. Except maybe from stuff that directly helps you move. Note the emphasis on "directly." Nuff said.

That is probably the best argument. When I look at all the books I have to safely transport from one place to the other I feel like hiding, and I am feeling concerned about my poor decks. It's a lot of upheaval for them.

Plus we did have to buy a new graphics card. Couldn't it have just waited another month before dying?? :mad: