A new de-enabling thread

Alta

WolfSpirit said:
Green Thoth, yuck.
When I saw that people not just tolerated it, but actually wanted it, I knew that litterally everything is saleable if it gets the right sale rep.
It is just a horrible mistake. People felt sick looking at it and could not get rid of it quickly enough.
If one person likes this deck and gives it cult status - fine.
If everyone starts thinking this is the deck to have - erm, is anyone else reminded of lemmings jumping off a cliff ?
I also thought something like this when I saw people actively seeking out this deck. I had a copy and got rid of it (so long ago I forget if I traded it or just threw it out). The AGM version is so brilliant and crisp, it is hard to see why anyone would want something so clearly inferior.

Aerin

Alta said:
I also thought something like this when I saw people actively seeking out this deck. I had a copy and got rid of it (so long ago I forget if I traded it or just threw it out). The AGM version is so brilliant and crisp, it is hard to see why anyone would want something so clearly inferior.

The Green Thoth was one of my first decks. I loathed it with a loathing, and traded it on here for something I know not what. It was VERY difficult to get rid of. Then I got another two including an AGM one. Swapped both away. Colours and focus much better, still couldn't get on with the deck. Not for me.

But if I HAD to give one house room, it would NOT be the stupid green one. Surely the aim would be to get the best and most faithful reproduction of the original paintings? WHy would you want one with a reproduction error? Because that's what we have here. It's washed in slime.

Aerin

ps sorry re: Vertigo gregory :)

Nina*

Aerin said:
But if I HAD to give one house room, it would NOT be the stupid green one. Surely the aim would be to get the best and most faithful reproduction of the original paintings? WHy would you want one with a reproduction error? Because that's what we have here. It's washed in slime.
I couldn't agree more. Besides that it's just plain ugly.

Sulis

I remember when the green Thoth decks were all over the place and no-one wanted one because they're awful.. It's a printing error and the colours look nasty ans slimy.

It seems very strange to me now that people are actually looking for this deck as when it was in print you couldn't give them away.

Don't bother, especially if you already have one - why do you want 2?

faunabay

OK, help with deenabling on the Gina Pace Pagan deck. I've been thinking about it since it came out. I'm still curious about it and have found one for quite inexpensive. But even for less money do I really want this deck??? Anyone???

All Is One

What's pagan about it? I see that the artist has been studying a lot of comic books, and has a fascination with barbie women and cars.....

The Death card is a woman to be burned at the stake. Puh-lease. Everyone knows a good beheading is much more fun and doesn't stink up the place.

All Is One

As for the Greenie Thoth, there is no Thoth to be had as far as I can see. I would like a large one that is not green tinged but have never seen one.

Can't find a Thoth anywhere anyway. So your de-enabling de-pleted the Thoth supplies to prevent my making such a heinous mistake?

thorhammer

faunabay said:
OK, help with deenabling on the Gina Pace Pagan deck. I've been thinking about it since it came out. I'm still curious about it and have found one for quite inexpensive. But even for less money do I really want this deck??? Anyone???
It's bad. Really.

My beef with this deck is that it's not Pagan, it's Wiccan, and there is a massive difference, at least from my (Pagan) point of view. And I got the deck, and most of the cards landed on a spectrum that moved from mild irritation to outright disgust to righteous indignation!

Not Pagan. There are other Pagan decks out there, that don't have to advertise themselves as such. You've probably got most of them :)

\m/ Kat

Annabelle

Ooooh, are we de-enabling the Gina Pace Pagan tarot? Good, it's about time!

It's wretched, really. Ugly art, and already very dated (it was so unwise to include images of computers, cars, etc.). Very muted colors. It all sort of washes together in shades of ugly pink and grey.

And it's true, it isn't pagan . . . it's Wiccan. Of a generic, silly sort.

Any price is too high. A dollar is too much to ask for this deck. Take your dollar and buy a chocolate bar instead. You'll enjoy the chocolate for longer than you'd enjoy the deck.

thorhammer

Annabelle said:
Ooooh, are we de-enabling the Gina Pace Pagan tarot? Good, it's about time!
Actually, Annabelle, you make a very good de-enabling point with just this statement! How often does someone feel the need to request a balanced opinion of this deck? Rarely. Because most people don't let it get that far.

I was one of the unwise ones. :( I may never get rid of it.

\m/ Kat