A new de-enabling thread

GreenMoonBeam

faunabay said:
OK, help with deenabling on the Gina Pace Pagan deck. I've been thinking about it since it came out. I'm still curious about it and have found one for quite inexpensive. But even for less money do I really want this deck??? Anyone???

No, you do not want it. Go buy a Sunday paper and some wicca images and make your own. There is no blending of pagan with anything. Check the Elder
of Chalices card. Do you really really want someone's grandmother in drag?
With a true Pagan deck there is a certain Spirituality. This deck is like a cutout
and has no soul. Has hints of too many things that end up as nothing.

thorhammer

Does someone care to take a stab at the Revelations (I mean, as if I could get past the flatulence thing :D)?

And Zach, I've seen you buzzing around, please don't take offence :)

\m/ Kat

All Is One

Revelations....what part is the flatulence part?

But from what I saw it is.....argh.

Uh, the double image of the reversed thing is dizzy-making and I don't read with reversals.

Ok...that was lame, but I really like stained glass. A whole lot.

Ummmm, it's too fussy and who needs reversals anyway?

Curse you. I need help here. Let's hope for a professional.

magpie9

I had the Revelations and traded it away to an unsuspecting Newbie. It saved me the trouble of tossing it. It's really awful. The idea is clever, and all that, but not well enough done. I don't know if it can be well enough done to really work. It's a pretty but weird gimmick deck that once it's novelty value is worn off,(30 minutes, appx.-- mileage may vary) will be utterly useless to you. Except as bookmarks.....how expensive do you like your bookmarks?

All the majors have masks on their faces, so they are expressionless, and all pretty much look alike.The minors are just weird. It's all cyborg-people, or possibly walking machines. A lot of the reversals make no sense, and the Hanged Man is a disaster---there's no way to tell which way is the right side up.
It lacks soul.
It's Da Pitts.
Don't do it. They're pretty, but do you need 78 bookmarks that bad?

thorhammer

magpie9 said:
Don't do it. They're pretty, but do you need 78 bookmarks that bad?
Don't underestimate the sheer scale of my need for bookmarks :D but it's okay, I've got the Mystic Meg for that ROFL

That's it, Revelations off the wishlist. Ah, that feels good!

\m/ Kat

All Is One

Magpie9, a wonderful and ruthless de-enabling, as always. Congratulations to you and to Thorhammer.

(I told you we needed a pro.)

faunabay

OH! Thank you all!!!

I am successfully de enabled from the Gina Pace Pagan. It was just one of those decks that I've been curious about since it came out.....should have know I didn't need it since I still haven't bought it and it's been out how long??? LOL

But everything you've said has made me realize that Nope, I don't want it any longer!!! Yea!! No matter how small the cost. })

sapienza

Can anyone de-enable me from the Voyager tarot?

magpie9

sapienza said:
..........................Need Placemats?

FaireMaiden

Voyager Tarot

sapienza said:
The Voyager Tarot is like a 1960's acid-trip... a bad one... TOTAL sensory overload... But it doesn't stop there, I'm sorry to say, *sigh*

The next thing you have to look forward to is the fact that there is absolutely NO rhyme or reason to the whole mess... It just doesn't 'flow'... I mean, with such unrelated elements on each card, I thought I might as well go into what I call my all-purpose 'mania' drawer of odd 'n ends and stare for a few moments at the rubber bands, tube of neosporin, lint, broken eyeglasses awaitng repair, dead batteries, christmas-tree light-bulb replacements, church-key, dried-up wood glue, meat tenderizing mallet, etc etc to find the answer to my querent's question...

I mean it... this deck is a nightmare from which one cannot awake!

How this deck got to be so popular is beyond me, except that, perhaps, it appeals to those who like to feel themselves being sucked into, and subsequently shredded by, the black-hole of an ADD-afflicted person's nightmare of symbology run amok, *lol* All one really needs to finish the scene is a black light, a strobe light, and a copy of 'Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas' in the dvd-player, *lol*