Intensive Deck Study Support Thread ~ Part 2

cal1304

rwcarter said:
Hi cal1304. Welcome to AT and to the wonderful world of tarot!

Actually I think you're at the perfect stage to do an IDS. Many of us when we were just starting out with tarot would flit from deck to deck and have no real focus when it came to getting to know a particular deck. The IDS is an ideal way to get to know your given deck. And the great thing about the IDS is that you decide what it will be for you. We're here for support and to help you get through the rough patch(es), but we're not here to judge. If you start an IDS and decide that it's not for you or that you chose the wrong deck, you'll get lots of support from the folks here.

What deck(s) do you have right now? (Or more precisely, what deck(s) would you consider doing an IDS with?)

Rodney

thanks, am going to start this then i'll need to wait until Saturday because my wife is a child minder so my house is a bit crazy but it is her last day on Friday so i'll have some peace.

I have the Druid Craft Deck (and love it)

firecatpickles

I may have to give up my IDS a bit earlier. A client wants me to do a reading for him using the Minchiate, which is how I advertise myself on my Web Site.

I will let you know if I sit down with him on Sunday.

It was interesting only seeing one deck for a while, though. I didn't get around to as many readings as I thought. I think that on some level having more than one deck to read with keeps me more interested in doing readings. I might be less inclined to do readings if I know that I have that one deck to play with.

Prism

I've finished my IDS with the Fairytale a few days early. Right out of the blue last night I felt like it was time.

I've decided to jump right into a new IDS with the Medieval Enchantment.

I really love that Fairytale deck, though.

rwcarter

Not even taking a couple days for a breather Prism? You must like this IDS thing. ;)

I've updated the list to reflect your new IDS.

Rodney

sweet_intuition

Is it too late for me to sign in? I was gifted the stunning Tarot of Dreams by an angel here at AT (who requests to be anonymous), and I would so totally love to dedicate a whole lotta time to this deck.

rwcarter

sweet_intuition, it's never too late to join in the IDS! There are a number of angels here at AT! Congrats on the ToD! I'll update the list momentarily.

WELCOME ABOARD!

Rodney

sweet_intuition

rwcarter said:
sweet_intuition, it's never too late to join in the IDS! There are a number of angels here at AT! Congrats on the ToD! I'll update the list momentarily.

WELCOME ABOARD!

Rodney

Yay! Thank you for adding me on. I can't wait to sink into the Tarot of Dreams. Such a stunning deck it is! AT truly is filled with angels, along with faeries, elves, goddesses, and sweethearts... not to mention divas }) :D ;)

DreamWalker

better late than never

Greetings all! I'd love to join, if that would be ok... I'm still reading around this thread but I'm ready to start!

My challenge will be that I am reading with 'The Inner Child' tarot and so far I've yet to find anybody who reads with it as well... I have been studying and reading with this deck for years (although not consistently) and I am so resonate with the authors insights as well as the cards... After the new year I actually have a tarot/astrological consultation with the creator of the deck - Isha Lerner ... It was a birthday gift and I couldn't be more excited... Nervous though! I want to take the full opportunity and make the most of the time I have with her... Do I ask for a reading, do I ask for advice with reading with the cards - etc... hmmm ANYWAYS. . . . .

I'll be starting with the Fool (Little Red Cap in my deck) and go through that journey through the major arcana - using the form and delving deeper than I have previously...

I am excited!

Hope its not too late to join!

Blessings!

rwcarter

Welcome aboard DreamWalker. I will add you to the list right after I send this post.

I tried to get along with this deck a year ago, but I guess my Inner Child is buried too deep.... :laugh: Please share your insights with the group. There's no study group for this deck, but that doesn't mean you can't start one. Many people who've IDSd, me included, have been the only active participant in the study group for our IDS deck. But many of us also managed to post on every card in our IDS deck. That knowledge will be there for future generations of ATers who are looking for insights on those decks.

Welcome aboard!

Rodney

DreamWalker

oops one more thing - maybe 2

I will be starting today... I thought about beginning on the Winter Solstice but I have a booth at a Holiday Market for 5 days straight beginning on Solstice and I'd like to get started now... that way I have a few days under my belt before the market...

I've been bringing them with me and doing mini readings in my booth - I actually sell t-shirts, but read cards in in the down times... (Essentially my goal is to be reading cards at this particular market - my husband can sell the shirts! ha!)

So, it will be good for me... and is there anything else I need to know before I begin?

I think I said before but I'll be starting with the Fool (little red cap) and move through the major arcana - but I'd also like to pull a card or 2 or 3 for the day as well... So my next question would be how long is it recommended I study with each major arcana card - a day, a week?

I actually met someone who worked with each of the major arcana cards for 1 year at a time... She was so gifted in the tarot and the esteric symbolism as well as the Kaballah... She was about 80 years old and wow! Quite an eccentric character!

I am fully committed to this intensive study... As I said this deck is not new to me but I haven't previously had any type of organized study with it and I think its just what the tarot gods/godesses would like! :) I worked with the Rider-Waite deck for years and feel very blessed to be working with this one...

Ok, enough babble and I haven't even had coffee yet! :)

Have a wonder-full day!