A new de-enabling thread

moderndayruth

All Is One said:
In this case, it was more like "good CROP, bad CROP."

I think it was Gregory's whips that did it.

:shhh: i agree...

medicinalfrog

I have been eyeing the "Animals Divine" Tarot for...forever! But I never seem to have enough money to get it.

Please help me off this almost obsession with a deck I can't afford.

All Is One

Okay, now we are entering my "no harm no foul" zone. Decks I bought that I regret.

Remember when you were in grade school and drawing people or whatever and say you couldn't draw hands, so you'd have to put something over the hands, or hide them somehow?

The Animals Divine deck is all whirling wispy air whooshing over things to cover what is poorly drawn. And it's all pretty poorly drawn. I have the Shapeshifter too. I keep it because anything I hate that much must be scaring me on some level, therefore I have something to learn from it.

But all the zen crap aside, I would never ever use those two decks. Not even if you paid me.

My reacton to them is so strong that I would call it an allergy and I'm very curious about it. Maybe that's why I keep the two cursed decks.

But they are hidden away. I'd be embarrassed for anyone to see that I own them.

Uh oh...now you all know.

Promise

Well, you sorta de-enabled yourself; you can't afford it.

There ya go!

Aside from that, listen to Alison. When SHE says not to buy a deck, she means serious business.

medicinalfrog

Thank you so much. That actually really helped. Now when I work I won't be staring at the deck all the time :)

FaireMaiden

Animals Divine

medicinalfrog said:
I have been eyeing the "Animals Divine" Tarot for...forever! But I never seem to have enough money to get it.

Please help me off this almost obsession with a deck I can't afford.
*sigh* This is another deck that is just plain 'flat' when in your hands... It's as though there is no soul, no animation, no libido to this deck at all... It's the case of yet another great idea for a deck that was so poorly executed that the only palpable 'feeling' you get from it is 'disappointment' at its utter failure to satisfy one's remotest hopes at what this deck SHOULD HAVE BEEN.

Hence, the reason why YOUR SPIRIT never supplies you with enough money to actually get it... Listen to your spirit... it knows more of what is appropriate for you (and when) than you do, *s*

medicinalfrog

Promise said:
Well, you sorta de-enabled yourself; you can't afford it.

The whole thing was more preventive and dealing with my obsession with it, so when I did have the money I wouldn't be foolish and get that deck.

All Is One

FaireMaiden, that was helpful in explaining my hatred of the decks. Both the Shapeshifter and the Animal Divine should work. And they don't even get a toe out of the starting gate.

The Baba decks use animals and all of them work, they have everything you said the other lacked.

But: I will try to de-enable anyone that wants it from a Baba deck too. That's the sort of thing friends do for each other. :)

SolSionnach

gregory said:
Does the Fey LOOK like a TdM ?

No. So what is the issue ????
Well, it's so well thought of... and um... ::scratches head::
thorhammer said:
I have felt this wondering, too. I, too, have searched the scans for meaning . . . and am still confused. I see nothing worth having.
That's the way I was looking at it, but reading all the raving about how great it is for a first deck (hmmm...) - frankly, I just don't see it at all, at any time... nevermind a beginner. Feels like pandering, ya know?
AJ said:
I couldn't look at the figures without shuddering, they all look like sorta-survivors of some kind of nuclear holocaust.
Plus so many of the girls seemed sort of sub-teen T&A ... sorry, I just don't see the need and they didn't do a thing for me. :)
:bugeyed: Eeeek. Ouch. Now *that's* de-enabling! :bugeyed:
magpie9 said:
I traded for the Fey a while back to see what it was about it that spurred such devotion in it's proponents. I couldn't figure it out. It was...cute. I don't do cute.

I don't think you do cute, Sravana....please don't make me wrong! How will we be able to respect you in the morning?
No, you're right. I don't do cute. I can't abide the Hanson-Roberts, sold the Whimsical, the Harmonious, and the 22 Acarni Fiabischi (sp??). The only cute deck that I'm hanging on to is the Napo. I just can't get beyond the Chariot's horses' googly-eyes. Oh. and the Magical Forest. :bugeyed: I guess I have a thing for googly-eyes! (My secret's safe here, right??) :bugeyed:
FaireMaiden said:
I don't know how to say this politely... but this is one of the butt-ugliest decks I've ever seen... The art is flat, one-dimensional, and devoid of any symbolical meaning that I can see. Everytime I see these cards, I feel like I've just turned on a Saturday-morning cartoon show. And it's not even GOOD cartoon... This deck is just plain nauseating.

Why do others flock to it? Well, it's for sure not because they have a sophisticated eye. Perhaps it's because their mental-constructs have yet to move beyond the Cartoon Network.
Ouch. FM, what do you think of the Sakki-Sakki? I don't get that one, either. (headless people???)
All Is One said:
I just bought the Fey. What happened is that several of my friends really liked it and one friend had scans of it in her blog. I liked the things SHE saw in it.

I have not even looked at it yet. I bought the Gothic Tarot of the Vampires on the strength of Umbrae's review. The Fey is by one of the same artists. I have yet to use or look at either deck, so I can't say much except that sometimes, when one is aspiring to own half of Gregory's 1400 decks....I aspire to own 750 before I die, one buys decks one might just want for "the collection."

It's a cheaper obsession than antiques or remodeling the house, or recording equipment.

But it is certainly an obsession.

Man, I'm just babbling.

De-enabling on the Fey is easy. It's silly and goofy and only for people who are looking for that.
Speaking for myself, I wish I had the $$ that I spent on the over 100 decks that I've owned and sent onward for less than I paid for them. Any obsession gets too expensive, been there done that. (and I still have around 80 decks. Go figure)

Okay, group - chalk me up as another successful de-enabling!! :D
Let's hear it for the $20+ bux that I just saved! Woohoo! :) :)

SolSionnach

All Is One said:
Okay, now we are entering my "no harm no foul" zone. Decks I bought that I regret.

The Animals Divine deck is all whirling wispy air whooshing over things to cover what is poorly drawn. And it's all pretty poorly drawn. I have the Shapeshifter too. I keep it because anything I hate that much must be scaring me on some level, therefore I have something to learn from it.
Ya know, I'm so glad to hear someone else say this. I had that damned Shapesh*tter, and regretted it the moment I purchased it. But when I read folks RAVING about the Animals Divine I start to think... welll.... maybe??

But then I remember that KALI is one of the "animals divine". The Hindu Goddess? I'm sorry, that is just so wrong. There is no way that Kali should be in that deck.