Intensive Deck Study Support Thread ~ Part 2

rwcarter

sweet_intuition said:
Lol... um.. the avatar is lil ol me :)
The distracting and yum comments still stand. })

Lee said:
I think Rodney was fooled by Bernadette Peters :p
EXACTLY! (I thought that's who that was, but just like it's not good form to ask a woman when's she's due if you don't know that she's pregnant, it's not good form to question whether one's avatar is actually that person....)

Rodney

sweet_intuition

Lee said:
I think Rodney was fooled by Bernadette Peters

*blush*

rwcarter said:
The distracting and yum comments still stand. })
Rodney

Lol... you charmer you... *bats his lashes while fanning himself like a geisha*

Oh... did I ever mention that I have a thing for Taurus Men?

Onyx

Umm . . . Wait . . .

Did I stumble in to the wrong Fourm again. Cause I think either I need to check my bookmarks or some of us may have wandered a bit of topic.

: - )

Onyx.

rwcarter

Onyx said:
some of us may have wandered a bit of topic.
K. Back on topic. Did you ever choose between the Mona Lisa and the LS Golden Dawn? It's noted in the master list that you'd be choosing on 6 Dec 08....

:D
Rodney

thorhammer

Way to turn the tables, Rodney :joke:

\m/ Kat

sweet_intuition

*giggles like a mischevious lil minx*

Onyx

rwcarter said:
K. Back on topic. Did you ever choose between the Mona Lisa and the LS Golden Dawn? It's noted in the master list that you'd be choosing on 6 Dec 08....

:D
Rodney

Okay I feel a little busted! I really can't decide. I love studying the Mona Lisa but I don't find it a good reading deck. It is a great intellectual exercise in putting pieces together but I feel it is a bit too different for me to use as a deck.

My latest interst is in the Gilded Tarot but for the strangest reason. I want a copy of the Legacy of the Divine Tarot but have to wait for the standard version. I am wondering if I can use the Gilded to help fight the longing. s far

As the Initiatory Tarot of the Golden Dawn, I have been reading and enjoying "An Introduction to The Golden Dawn Tarot" by Robert Wang. In this book he includes many of the original Golden Dawn documents and I have been looking at this deck in comparison and it is very interesting. The problem with this deck and my fairly prudish temperment is the nudity in the deck. I don't like to use decks with nudity when I read for others. Still in the end I think that I am going to give it a try. Who knows for how long but for now this will be my primary deck.

Onyx.

rwcarter

Onyx,

Initiatory Tarot of the Golden Dawn it is then! (At least I think that's what you said. :laugh:)

Rodney

Alta

Hi all,

This thread, as you know, is rather lightly moderated, but please don't turn it into a Chat thread or I'll have to start deleting posts etc. :(

Thanks,
Alta

2_Journey

Okay, getting back on topic...:)

I wonder if other people who have done the IDS have experienced anything similar to what I'm finding is happening with my tarot practice. (I've skimmed this thread, but its loooong, so I might have missed some of the talk on this subject.)

I'm finding that the simple act of committing to just one deck (or in my case, one deck and one oracle) has helped to focus my tarot practice. I feel like my work with tarot had become diluted from all of the deck multiplicity, deck browsing, and deck buying I had been doing before. But now that I'm locked in to the Triple Goddess Tarot and Tarot of the Four Elements, even in the past week, I have felt my focus improve and my reading practice deepen and become more in tune with my life. My readings have also been spot on amazing.

Now, this could be because of the decks that I've chosen. They are decks that I had not really thought to own in the past; I didn't like the artwork until recently. But they feel like they are exactly what I need right now, and my readings with them are a breath of fresh air.

But I think that it is more than just the decks I chose and how well I get along with them. I think its also the fact that I've shifted my focus back from decks themselves ("Look at this deck! That deck! Ohhh, that one's so pretty!") to the practice of just plain reading the cards. Choosing to do an IDS has helped me shift my focus from the physical decks that we all love so much to working with the decks, which I think is a very subtle but vital distinction, at least how it relates to my tarot practice. And I think that distinction and that shift-of-focus would hve been the same no matter what deck I chose.