Is This Legal?

Elven

Hi moderndayruth :)

I think your letters are much more interesting to him, than mine.
Maybe he won't reply to me - Ive said what I have to say, and I think the word copyright might be very much in his mind presently -

Cheers
Elven x

moderndayruth

Elven said:
Hi moderndayruth :)

I think your letters are much more interesting to him, than mine.
Maybe he won't reply to me - Ive said what I have to say, and I think the word copyright might be very much in his mind presently -

Cheers
Elven x
Pm-ing you ;)

moderndayruth

"For what is relevant to this case and unless that's not being clear from my
previous mails - I am a Tarot enthusiast and you were provided with my name
and surname."

I know it.

" By the location of the internet provider I use, you can clearly see my
geographical location."

I no need it.

"Whether you were asking do I have educational background in the field of
international law and whether my work experience includes legal cases of a
kind in Russian Federation – the answer to both is yes."

I don't care a straw.

All I need is the proof that identifies you, cos' I do not talk with
unknown people about my business.

"My single interest here is that the pirate copies of copyrighted decks are
not distributed for commercial gain."

Do you have a lot of free time to spend it for the searching of
problems for yourself?
- or is it your job?

" As per the rest of your question, as far as I am informed, you will be
contacted soon by the copyright holders."

ok.

And I'd like to ask you for the future - please, write me in Russian.
I don't like `English language`, cos' it's very cut. And some phrases
I've got in Russian I can't realese in English cos' the language is
too limitited.

Ok, for the record - first i have no intent of explaining to this person what solidarity is because i am afraid it would be in vain.
"Are you looking for problems for yourself" is a 'standard' threat which means nothing and was he capable of making problems to anyone in another country, with his thinking, he would be into "more profitable" bussiness ;)
The reason i am posting this correspondence is that i'd like potential buyers of the product to be familiar with ethics of the person selling it.
I believe its the time for the publishers and individual artists whose copyrights were violated here to step in.
All i personally can do is to call for boycott of this product.

cirom

I did initially contact this person as a general feedback. I have not received a response. I will try again and clarify that as one of the decks he offered is mine, I am in qualified to confirm that he used it without permission.

cirom

I can't seem to actually get back to this person's site. The links provided in the first posts no longer seem to work. I get "page has been moved, and forbidden access messages. I assumed this meant he/she had taken the pages down. If that is not the case can someone provide me once again with a means of e-mailing or contacting this person again directly.

Also if this person a truly prefers to communicate in Russian maybe Baba can help. Isn't Alex Russian ? I'll PM her.

firecatpickles

cirom said:
I can't seem to actually get back to this person's site. The links provided in the first posts no longer seem to work. I get "page has been moved, and forbidden access messages. I assumed this meant he/she had taken the pages down. If that is not the case can someone provide me once again with a means of e-mailing or contacting this person again directly.

Also if this person a truly prefers to communicate in Russian maybe Baba can help. Isn't Alex Russian ? I'll PM her.

It is possible that this person has you blocked.

You have a PM.

moderndayruth

cirom said:

I believe Alex is Ukrainian, but i believe he speaks Russian too.
I don't think its a good idea to speak to this person in Russian, because i have an idea which are the phrases he wants to use in his mother-tongue.
I contacted the US Games meanwhile, i drew their attention to this thread. Could someone call them from US?
"Your message has been sent to the designated department. Unless you chose to leave feedback you can expect to hear back from us within 2 business days. If this is an urgent matter, please call us between 9am - 5pm EST at 1-800-544-2637 or (203) 353-8400. "
I am very happy the links are dis-activated, if it remains so that would be one more prove of efficiency of solidarity and unity in such situations :)

ETA: Cirom, i just pm-ed you his email.

baba-prague

We didn't give any permission for Tarot of Prague to be used in this way. It's therefore an illegal copyright violation for this CD to use the deck. Like Ciro, I can confirm that we were not asked at any time about this. I'd be very surprised if anyone else was.

Alex is not well today, but when I can, I will talk to him about this.

gregory

Kilted Kat said:
It is possible that this person has you blocked.

You have a PM.
That's what I wondered; I can get in just FINE - I have NOT communicated with him/her; only with publishers ;) I hope they can get somewhere..... Probably not; seems to me I read that Russia is not that co-operative on copyright issues....

firecatpickles

baba, your PM box is full. I am trying to send you something.