Intensive Deck Study Support Thread ~ Part 2

DreamWalker

And just like that - I get it! At least, enough to move on...

In my case, what sunk it in was a phone call from my teenage daughter... (that will do it every time)... Insight immediately! She asked permission for something and although I think her request is ridiculous I allowed her (it was nothing dangerous, but has potential for a harsh life lesson)... It is a situation where she had clear opportunity to learn from the past, but it is something only experience can teach her>> not good ol mom... :)

with that said, The High Priestess/Fairy Godmother knows intuitively and intellectually the path best suited yet rather than interferring (except where necessary) she allows one to walk their path... observance, intuition, intellectual knowledge, guidance, allowance, good judgment, and trustand The wisdom that each experience has oppotunity for valuable life lessons and inner growth!

The beauty of this whole thing is that........... The High Priestess teaches me that this is an aspect of who I am... My present experience teaches me to act from the energetic guidance of the High Priestess, but also know that this same energetic guidance exists within my daughter!!!

Trust!

sweet... High Priestess > meet> The Empress................

:)

thorhammer

Wow, DreamWalker, you're cruising! Good for you :) I hope it keeps going as well as this for you!

Can I make a general, Nazi-ish, entirely nosy suggestion? :D A while ago lots of us doing the IDS decided to put our IDS intentions in our signatures, so that wherever we went on the boards, ppl would know us :D and also so that in this thread (because at the time there were so many) we'd be able to quickly identify what deck the person was on about :D

Perhaps it's something that everyone could think about?

\m/ Kat

DreamWalker

Ok, I just have to keep going here... The Empress, She picks up where The High Priestess veils herself... The Empress - the Maternal aspect... The emotion... The protecter, The one who will nurture...

She is the sensitive one where The High Priestess is not bound by emotion, whatsoever...

She is blossoming, and fertile, and creative... She is poetic and loves sound... She also has to learn to let go... Heavy Task! :)

She feels helpless and hopefull... is Tender and strong... uncertain yet intuitive... Trusting yet scared... She embodies wholeness within the self... Growth - maturity - discipline - cycles - wisdom -...

phewwww... breathe.................

:)

When 'you' say 'INTENSIVE' deck study, whoever named it - named it appropriately! haha

I apologize if I am throwing myself wide open here and perhaps its not the place, but well....... its all culminating while I'm on here, so I'm going with it! I've got my table next to me, cards, candle, me, whoever reading this and well........ hey, here we are! here I AM! :) *crossing my fingers my daughter doesn't get back stabbed by her friend tonight -ugh...

Interestingly enough, so much time with the High Priestess and I feel like I can already move forward from Empress to Emperor... Perhaps, they are to be studied together! That might help me with the Emperor...

DreamWalker

thorhammer said:
Wow, DreamWalker, you're cruising! Good for you :) I hope it keeps going as well as this for you!

Can I make a general, Nazi-ish, entirely nosy suggestion? :D A while ago lots of us doing the IDS decided to put our IDS intentions in our signatures, so that wherever we went on the boards, ppl would know us :D and also so that in this thread (because at the time there were so many) we'd be able to quickly identify what deck the person was on about :D

\m/ Kat

Good idea... It would help me... Sometimes I don't get to read all the messages except more recent ones and it would help me familiarize myself with those currently in IDS without trying to remember any more than I am working on... :) I'll work on it right now... Thanks for the encouragement, btw!

Hemera

thorhammer said:

\m/ Kat

what an excellent idea!
I´m going to do this right now..

ETA much later: I seem to have forgotten :)

SolSionnach

Okay, okay. I am strongly changing my focus of my IDS between now and March. I just signed up for jmd's tarot course on the Noblet, and I feel that I need to take a break from the pips for a while.

Soooo.. my IDS is with Shining Woman/Tribe, between now and March. This is a deck that I barely even consider tarot, mind you! LOL

Okay, sign me up for this deck, which is a blast from my past.

ETA: I think the first thing I'm going to have to do is Umbrae the hell out of the Shining Tribe. Anyone have experience Umbrae-ing Llewellyn decks?

rwcarter

List has been updated.

Hopefully starting this weekend, I'll be PMing everyone who's currently on the list and who hasn't posted recently to see if they still want to be included in the IDS in preparation for starting the IDS Part 3 later this month.

Rodney

Prism

I've been doing daily draws for myself, but I feel like I need to do something else to dig a little deeper. Not sure what, though.

When I was having my previous fling with the VR, I made up my own little chart for understanding the Majors, but I never went much beyond laying out the design on paper. So, one thing I'd like to do is to spend more time with the Majors and my system and seeing if I really believe what I say. Not that I think it's a definitive system or anything, but it would help to have some way of thinking about it that makes sense to me. The Fool's Journey isn't it for me.

So maybe along with the daily two- or three-card draws I'm doing, and the occasional longer ones, I'll try to go through all the Majors and see what I learn.

I'm loving the deck -- I always do!! It's still messing with my mind that Swords are Fire and Staves (which correspond to Wands, except they look like arrows) are Air, and I want to get beyond that. So far, I just tell myself (repeatedly) Swords are like electricity and Staves are Air in the sense that they are the life force. It's working to a point.

I'm going to commit to sticking with this deck until the end of February. I usually fall a little, but not terribly, short of my goal.

Prism

rwcarter

Prism said:
I've been doing daily draws for myself, but I feel like I need to do something else to dig a little deeper. Not sure what, though.
Possible ideas:
  • Laying the Majors out in various ways to see how they relate to one another (Looks like you have one such way, but there are many others. There's even a thread somewhere in Using Tarot Cards that I started about various methods of laying out the Majors.)
  • Looking at the Minors by number/rank across the suits
  • Doing an astrological study/comparison of the cards (see Ancient Egyptian Study Group)
  • Doing a Tarot Constellations study/comparison of the cards (see Ancient Egyptian Study Group)

HTH,
Rodney

Prism

Thanks, Rodney. Your Ancient Egyptian Study Group postings are a model for us all!

I think I'll start with the Majors. That should keep my occupied for a time. I want to write about each one and not rush it. That always seems to be my problem -- wanting to move on to the next one before I've really gotten a deep understanding of what's in front of my face.

I think I'll keep on with my daily draws, although that's up in the air for now.

Rock on, IDS-ers!