A new de-enabling thread

Aerin

cardlady22 said:
Please tell me why I don't NEED these mini decks from Tarot Garden! My lonely little Tiny Universal Waite wants friends . . .

Art Nouveau
World Tree

*majors only*
I Cani Originali Minitarocco- I love dogs, but my allergies have kept me away from the live ones

The LS minis aren't that mini. They are quite usable but would be as a giant to the Tiny Universal Waite. Neither one thing nor the other.

I have the counterpart to the I Cani - the Gatti. Again, not that mini really. And perfectly useless for reading with IMO. Pretty but not really usable. As a decoration, yes. As a deck, nope.

Aerin

gregory

cardlady22 said:
*majors only*
I Cani Originali Minitarocco- I love dogs, but my allergies have kept me away from the live ones
Buy pictures of dogs instead. (I have the Gatti too, as I love cats.)
They are VERY lovely - but NOT tarot. Save money. You can't read with them, and they ain't cheap.

moderndayruth

Aerin said:
The LS minis aren't that mini.

Right... my LS mini-Manara is perfectly readable })

*sorry, couldn't stop myself* :p

Disclaimer: the exclusive purpose of this post is the constatation of facts and under no circumstances it should be percieved as anything akin to enabling :D

Cat*

moderndayruth said:
Right... my LS mini-Manara is perfectly readable })
Well, I have both the mini and the regular Manara (the mini was an accidental buy and I'm planning to give it to a friend for her birthday), and I have to say that bigger is definitely better here.

When there isn't much detail in a deck, a mini might be sufficient, especially when you're not sure yet if you'll connect with the deck at all (that's how I came to have a mini Jodo-Camoin TdM).

Mini decks aren't like a bored and neglected child at a gathering where there are only adults otherwise. They can stand to be the only small one around. Really.

moderndayruth

Cat* said:
Well, I have both the mini and the regular Manara (the mini was an accidental buy and I'm planning to give it to a friend for her birthday), and I have to say that bigger is definitely better here.

When there isn't much detail in a deck, a mini might be sufficient, especially when you're not sure yet if you'll connect with the deck at all (that's how I came to have a mini Jodo-Camoin TdM).

Mini decks aren't like a bored and neglected child at a gathering where there are only adults otherwise. They can stand to be the only small one around. Really.

Lol, Cat, i couldn't agree more with you... and i think getting regular Manara as well is a good idea since i am expanding my collection... but i believe we both are terribly OT here... :D :D :D

gregory

No no (de-enables madly) mini decks are rude and have tantrums and you do NOT want one.... They will undermine their big brothers and sisters, so you should actually avoid BOTH sizes of EVERY deck that has a mini available, Just In Case.

This is - you note - a double de-enable, for karma points :D

Now - I have some micro decks... they are REAL trouble......

Cat*

moderndayruth said:
Lol, Cat, i couldn't agree more with you... and i think getting regular Manara as well is a good idea since i am expanding my collection... but i believe we both are terribly OT here... :D :D :D
*lol* I think my post still counts as de-enabling, don't you think? ;)

But let me attempt to tell all of you why you don't need a Manara in whatever size, just in case. :D

- You won't remember which cards are which even after doing a ton of readings with them. Especially not when it comes to the minors or courts.

- You'll search in vain for a reason why some characters appear in more than one card. What's worse, you won't be able to stop wondering...

- Nudity does not equal eroticism. The marketing department for this deck obviously confused the two. If you want a deck that gives you an erotic/sexy/sex-related picture on every card, look elsewhere.

- Justice. WTF? 'Nuff said.

- Card backs that don't fit with the color palette on the fronts AT ALL. *hate*

Hope that helps! :D

moderndayruth

Cat* said:
*lol* I think my post still counts as de-enabling, don't you think? ;)

But let me attempt to tell all of you why you don't need a Manara in whatever size, just in case. :D

- You won't remember which cards are which even after doing a ton of readings with them. Especially not when it comes to the minors or courts.

- You'll search in vain for a reason why some characters appear in more than one card. What's worse, you won't be able to stop wondering...

- Nudity does not equal eroticism. The marketing department for this deck obviously confused the two. If you want a deck that gives you an erotic/sexy/sex-related picture on every card, look elsewhere.

- Justice. WTF? 'Nuff said.

- Card backs that don't fit with the color palette on the fronts AT ALL. *hate*

Hope that helps! :D

Nice try, Cat, much appreciated :thumbsup: (Not that you dis-enabled me :D)
On a serious talken The Hermit is the biggest turn-off for me in Manara (creepy and non-erotic, lol, that's given that both reader and the sitter are at least somewhat sane ;)); but than there are no flawless decks, right? ;)

Cat*

moderndayruth said:
On a serious talken The Hermit is the biggest turn-off for me in Manara (creepy and non-erotic, lol, that's given that both reader and the sitter are at least somewhat sane ;)); but than there are no flawless decks, right? ;)
*whispering* I'll freely admit my non-sanity, then, because I love that card. :D

There are no flawless decks, true, but that doesn't mean that you should take that as an excuse for buying any of them. Oh no, you shouldn't!

cardlady22

gregory said:
No no (de-enables madly) mini decks are rude and have tantrums and you do NOT want one.... They will undermine their big brothers and sisters, so you should actually avoid BOTH sizes of EVERY deck that has a mini available, Just In Case.

This is - you note - a double de-enable, for karma points :D

Now - I have some micro decks... they are REAL trouble......

Absolutely what I was looking for, gregory! You may have double karma points and a double scoop of whatever flavor will give the most exquisite brain freeze available!

*sheepishly hangs head*
Besides, I already set myself up with a Witchy mini . . .