A new de-enabling thread

Debra

I'm disturbed by the direction this thread is taking.

gregory

Debra said:
I'm not, if it means I can save someone else by having them spend money on ME !!!!! })

Excuse me. The Deviant Moon is - well - deviant. Does anyone want to be called that ? You can get put in jail for it, these days :bugeyed:

All Is One

Debra said:

Aside from Gregory helping us all out so unselfishly by allowing us to buy her more decks (what a gal!!!!) I'm not seeing any real de-enabling here.

I'm fairly safe at the moment as I have been buying Baba bags and runes. As may as I can afford, which became more than I can afford rather fast.

Sooooo there really isn't a deck I want right now, but the link to the ERDE deck scared me too. I liked it at first, but the people's faces were yucky.

I go to Tarot Garden when I REALLY want to spend some money. I love that place. They have Baba bags......and the shipping is much less from them.

I am NOT buying anything today. But....this thread is headed into the toilet if we don't look sharp. I need to see someone get really trounced off of wanting a deck.....

I'll go find a few I want later and be back for a good flogging. I expect a lot from you people, and you usually deliver. The Magical Forest one will never look good to me again. Ever.

gregory

All Is One said:
I'll go find a few I want later and be back for a good flogging. I expect a lot from you people, and you usually deliver. The Magical Forest one will never look good to me again. Ever.
No - I must admit, those nipples came as a terrible shock :bugeyed:

SolSionnach

cardlady22 said:
How did I know you were going to say that? OK, spend the money on a tech support guy to come out and do it for you. At least it won't be on a deck. And he'll get a really great story to tell all his buds about this crazy tarot lady . . . .
LOL ::snort!:: bwahahahaha
nisaba said:
I'm collecting decks designed by Luigi Scapini.
Scapini? I.C.K. I *hate* Scapini's work. I find it abominable, especially that damned Devil card on the USG ginormous Visconti deck.

His stuff makes me feel like I've either been slimed, or there are tiny bugs crawling all over me.

:gag:
gregory said:
Not the Erte - I have that. You KNOW I have been watching your trade threads ;)

The ERDE. This link might work.

I'd also like the rectified one whose name I currently forget... (not the Herstelde Orde)

ETA Elksinger's Perfected Tarot

and the two Gomis I don't have yet. Entropy and Buddhistic. If that's OK ? ;)
Ahem.
ErDe, eh?
I had a look at those cards, and for two-sided cards, they aren't too bad. I mean, that Hanged Man is hilarious, with that little dark rainy cloud following him around. :D ... and then there's the completely INtemperant Temperance!

OoOOOooooh. I just noticed that it's a 78-carder... with PIPS!

Okay, girls - now *I* need de-enabling!

nisaba

gregory said:
Jeannette has been known to post in this thread...... She is even handed.... as she takes our cash.

=laughter= She should be outlawed in this thread - she's an enabler if ever I saw one! She makes it so easy for me to go on suffering and causing grief to all those around me.

Why, oh why, won't detox units accept me and lock me up for a few weeks until I'm over it? All I need to take is a bag with a change of undies and several decks, and I'll be okay. (Do detox units have internet? Am I allowed to take plastic money with me?)

nisaba

gregory said:
No - I must admit, those nipples came as a terrible shock :bugeyed:

=pricks up ears=

Nipples? Where?

nisaba

sravana said:
I.C.K. I *hate* Scapini's work. I find it abominable, especially that damned Devil card on the USG ginormous Visconti deck.

His stuff makes me feel like I've either been slimed, or there are tiny bugs crawling all over me.

:gag:
Ahem.

<grin> You don't need to worry about de-enabling me on Scapini - I've just ordered the last one I'm going to. Already had the Stained Glass, Mediaeval and Lukumi, now I've got coming to me the Bacchus to complete the set. I have a mini-visconti because ... well ... I had to, and I'm not all that crash-hot on tarock decks so his other productions are safe from me.

In all seriousness now, the Bacchus I bought as a challenge.

I'm finding the whole idea of it being in a parcel somewhere wending its way to my place more than a little frightening.

I had a badly-gone, brain-damaged alcoholic partner for a while, and a part of her syndrome was that after the brain-damage reached a certain critical level, she lived in a 100% purely aggressive mode. When you have fairly recent memories of a maniac taking a circular saw to furniture and toothbrushes, or chasing you down the road waving your own axe at you while the neighbours all lock their doors not only against her but against you as well, and when you have to wrestle the cigerette lighter out of her hand when she's splashed your daughter with petrol in bed, then even years after the last time you've seen them, the whole idea of any alcohol in any form at all is challenging; and one of your favourite things (like say Tarot or chocolate) that also incorporates alcohol is one of those things you have to face front-on and not flinch or run away from. One of those deep-down life-challenges.

This is going to be my quietly looked-at, never discussed, personal therapy deck.

Or I'll rip it up in a frenzy and burn the pieces.

=thinks=

Naw, no matter how awful it makes me feel, no matter how icy my blood is in my veins just thinking about its arrival, it's still a Tarot deck, dammit!

magpie9

nisaba said:
This is going to be my quietly looked-at, never discussed, personal therapy deck.

Or I'll rip it up in a frenzy and burn the pieces.

=thinks=

Naw, no matter how awful it makes me feel, no matter how icy my blood is in my veins just thinking about its arrival, it's still a Tarot deck, dammit!
OK, you get a [size=+1]Guilt-Free Personal Dispensation[/size] for this One Deck, especially since you've already ordered it. That's it, don't abuse the privilege and branch out to other Rum-soaked decks like the Pirates, or the Alcohol or Drunks of the World in Muscle Tee's and TuTu's.

[size=+2]I Have Spoken.[/size]