A new de-enabling thread

cardlady22

MysticalMoose said:
It's painless buying you see....my bonuses & extra comission from work gets pre-loaded onto a Visa type card & so its like spending Free-Money! Weyy-Heyyy...:|

Now we see the sorry state of the Moositus Spenditus. It used to be such a splendid creature . . . an enchanting visitor that filled the soul with majesty and wonder. Now, its coat is tufted with bits of cellophane and ghost doo-doo. (packing peanuts, for those of you who are unfamiliar with the term) Its eyes shine with an unholy light. Oh, no! A giant thought bubble rises above its head! What is it saying????

I don't dare repeat it since this is {supposed} to be a de-enabling thread.

Anyone remember Tish from Space Camp? "Whip me, beat me, take away my charge card!"

fairyhedgehog

gregory said:
You don't need one, no. I prefer the muted colours, myself, and the shape of the cards in the Swedish one is nicer. And think - YOU have it the way the artist first wanted it. I bet Muller didn't ask her opinion !

Besides - don't you need chocolate ? You can get a lot of that for £10..... (if you saw it on my friend's store, now - then I have a conflict of interest, of course.....)

Johnny Depp says keep the old one and forget the new :D

Gregory, you are so good at this!

One slight problem, I'm off chocolate at the moment as my gut doesn't seem to like it, but I could buy a book couldn't I? Maybe even two?

(There's only one store I saw offering it in the UK so I suppose it could be your friend's... You can PM me if you want to tell me the friend's store's name.)

pangolin

Debra said:
I trimmed the Light and Shadow and it's great. You can take off just the sides, as I did, or the bottoms and tops too. Take a look: http://www.tarotforum.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=19817

Thanks for the idea, Debra. You did a great job with those. It made me take out my deck (first time it's seen daylight in a long while) and mull it over. I just don't trust my hand-eye coordination enough to risk it. I'll have to start with a less expensive deck, I think. Yeah, that Truth Seeker's I've been wanting to buy would be just right for practicing on...

Debra

Or shuffle it sideways. That works, too. Either way, you've got a beauty of a black and white deck and ain't that enough.

gregory

Debra said:
Or shuffle it sideways. That works, too. Either way, you've got a beauty of a black and white deck and ain't that enough.
Smack. That deck better be unobtainable, debra, or you may have ENCOURAGED someone.

Johnny Depp says NO !

Sophos

Hello all and thanks in advance if you can save me from a long time disappointment. I admire Kirwan Deck and system so very much and the deck is unpublished. :-(
S

gregory

Hey - that's the kind of deck that is OK to lust after. You can't have it. We approve of such decks. The more of them stay unpublished the better. They save us from ourselves.

Personally I lust after the wooden Kashmiri - secure in the knowledge that only two were ever made and I haven't a prayer in hell. I can use this lust when other lusts strike, to remind myself that I am saving for it, in the unlikely event that some museum ever sells theirs.... I will only need a couple of million dollars.

And actually I don't even know where the two copies ARE......

But the Kirwan are awfully LURID and computer generated. I quite like computer generated stuff at times, but these seem way over the top, to me.... I think I might begin to feel I'd eaten a magic mushroom or three....

Sophos

Thank you for the input, or should I say output :)... but i still "grieve" about it :-(
I guess it might be good to have something to wish for – I still think it's so intelligently done, illuminating!

gregory

Sophos said:
Thank you for the input, or should I say output :)... but i still "grieve" about it :-(
I guess it might be good to have something to wish for – I still think it's so intelligently done, illuminating!
Eat chocolate.... :D

:bugeyed: I have just discovered that there were 8 wooden Kashmiris created. This makes it SLIGHTLY more possible. :D DAMN.

Pass the carrots.

Eek some more - another site says 22.... MAN they are beautiful..... Look !

This is all your fault, Sophos. I would never have looked it up.... I just wanted to know where they ARE, so I can look at a REAL one..... I think at least I know now one place where I can do so....

Sophos

you are funny... but what if i don't stop wishing for it, i won't stop eating chocolate, hey?! dangerous choice! :-D
All the best and thank you again
:) S