A new de-enabling thread

nisaba

bodhran said:
I need help with the 2nd edition of the Pearls of Wisdom deck. I bought the first edition when it came out, but because the cards were small and the artwork extremely busy, I gave it to a friend. Now I hear that the 2nd edition has larger cards and a matte lamination, so I'm about to convince myself it would be easier to see all that busy artwork...

<grin> You're an idiot. You've given the deck away once, why buy it? You know it'll just be a waste of money and you'll give it away again.

Debra

Pearls of Wisdom is still too busy, no matter what size or lamination.

Quantum can be replaced by an hour of educational TV on astronomy.

Annabelle

About the Pearls of Wisdom . . .

Have you ever had one of those nights where you go out drinking, and you and your friends go from one club to another, and you keep on drinking . . .

And suddenly it's 2:00 AM and you are dizzily falling on to a friend's sofa . . .

and then it's suddenly 5:30 AM and you are projectile vomiting into a friend's toilet (that looks as if it hasn't been cleaned for weeks, by the way), and the vomit is all different colors and textures, all swirling around, and you feel so dizzy that you can't stand up?

Well - that's the Pearls of Wisdom deck for you, right there. Same colors, same experience . . . same nasty feeling in the stomach, just looking at the bizarrely and terribly busy art.

Don't make the same mistake I did. Don't buy the Pearls of Wisdom tarot. The mere sight of it will make you sick.

thorhammer

Annabelle, that is the BEST de-enabling effort I have ever read! All hail this magnificent post!!!

\m/ Kat

Attachments

• Prayers.jpg
    Prayers.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 89

gregory

OUCH.

I may have to dispose of my original PoW now.... :(

BrightEye

I need blanket de-enabling. BrightEye doesn't need any more decks. She has enough. They are scattered about the house like little animals and want attention. Have I just de-enabled myself?

Rosanne

...it is all those penises (ie. on the Lovers Card) that make the deck like an Easter egg hunt...ooops there is another one..reading out the window whilst looking for indications of female reproduction parts in a deck. Where is the balance I say. (Pearls of Wisdom)

Now the Quantum is harder to dis.
Mainly because the purchase of a telescope would set you back more than the cards. So does cutting up a good astronomy book. I quite like the idea of people I think I know on cards though- gives a new meaning to 'set meanings'.
If it does not work as Tarot you could use the cards on dating sites - I am the undercover Queen of your Dreams etc..perhaps..so worth the purchase maybe.

~Rosanne

gregory

BrightEye said:
I need blanket de-enabling. BrightEye doesn't need any more decks. She has enough. They are scattered about the house like little animals and want attention. Have I just de-enabled myself?
I certainly hope so. :D

Go buy some tarot food now ! (does Tesco stock it ?)

jackdaw*

Rosanne said:
I quite like the idea of people I think I know on cards though- gives a new meaning to 'set meanings'.
EXACTLY why I could not work with the Quantum ...