A new de-enabling thread

gregory

Cat* said:
I would buy that one. :D But gregory has given us permission to want decks that don't exist.
They ARE the cheapest ones in the world. :D

Le Fanu

sravana said:
I'm back, and I still want to find another Thoth.
Last night I went through Thoth and Liber T, card for card - and I now like the Thoth much better (with the exception of about 2 cards...). And I want to *see* them better than I can with my pocket deck! HEEEELLLLP!

You only want to buy another Thoth for two reasons;

Firstly, that thread about it being OOP. It isn´t, never will be.

Secondly, that controversial thread about whether the Thoth is really intellectual, and whether dumb people should be allowed to use it. Don´t get carried along on all the "flavour of the month" Thoth threads right now. There are quite a few. Rise above them.

And anyway, weren´t you wallowing in Marseilles less than two weeks ago? Bit fickle... ;)

gregory

This is true. I thought she was a TdM fundamentalist, me..... Let's shoot her :D

Cat*

nisaba said:
In which case, Pentacles themselves, the physical world, has de-enabled you! Now *there's* poetic justice! You can't back out of *that* kind of de-enablement and sneak off and buy the deck behind our backs!
Heh, but I could always create it and enable all of you just a few threads away from this one. :D ;)

Starshower

Hi Gregory, this is an emergency! WHERE is Alan Rickman? WHICH 10 of Swords? Could you pleeez give a link?
Otherwise, I'll need de-enabling from buying every tarot deck in existence to find it ...

gregory

Starshower said:
Hi Gregory, this is an emergency! WHERE is Alan Rickman? WHICH 10 of Swords? Could you pleeez give a link?
Otherwise, I'll need de-enabling from buying every tarot deck in existence to find it ...
It is one of those decks..... the sort no money can buy :D It's in my head ! (he always is..... ;))

But I get to buy the Real Man !

fairyhedgehog

I'm looking on ebay and I've seen Waking the Wild Spirit Tarot for £25 + p&p.

Tell me I don't need it!

elvenstar

fairyhedgehog said:
I'm looking on ebay and I've seen Waking the Wild Spirit Tarot for £25 + p&p.

Tell me I don't need it!

That's easy. You don't need it, because you already have more decks than actually need. But here's why you don't want it:

1) You say in your profile you like small, cute decks. This is neither small, nor cute. In fact the cards are quite big and also wide. And it's definitely not cute. Some of the images are, well, not creepy exactly, but weird.

2) It follows it's own system. Do you really want to learn another system? More to the point, do you want to learn this system? No! And here's why:

3) The book. Rather than the usual explanations and descriptions of symbols on the card etc., this book is written in the form of stories/monologues/rants of the different characters. You think you'll like this unique take? Think again! It will patronise you, confuse you, and worse of all, you'll be none the wiser about how to read with the damn thing afterwards!

4) You only want it, because it's oop. Go on admit it.

Starshower

Ah. I see, Gregory.
Hmmm ... Will someone please get me Gregory's head, & its contents? :)

Re. Waking the Wild Spirit:
I bought the deck direct from Poppy Palin, & there are no more books available. So you couldn't learn her own system easily (at all?) anyway.
And it isn't a Tarot. Poppy says so. She never intended it to be a Tarot. So there.
(Any help?)

gregory

Starshower said:
Ah. I see, Gregory.
Hmmm ... Will someone please get me Gregory's head, & its contents? :)
Why on EARTH...

OH. NO WAY })

Easy about Wild Spirit. You ask us to say you don't need it - well you don't. No-one needs it. OK ?