A new de-enabling thread

BrightEye

gregory said:
Did you have to do that HERE, after you asked for recommendations THERE ?????
I did? Where? When? Do I have a short memory? I remember lots of talk about it but never chirped in...

gregory

BrightEye said:
I did? Where? When? Do I have a short memory? I remember lots of talk about it but never chirped in...
Well there you go - the whole thing has warped your memory (or mine, but who's counting.) Clearly a thoroughly dangerous deck as well, then and one to avoid ! })

gregory

You do SO not need that deck. I have it and it is NOT YOU; it isn't even me but it was a gift, so.....

Can you cancel ?

SolSionnach

Tell me more about the deck. Approx what size is it, and what do the number cards look like (I haven't hit the order button yet).

gregory

It's the size of your average LS deck. The pip cards are.....

PLAYING CARDS ! :bugeyed: NO PIX OF ANY KIND.

Al the cards are double headed.

HERE are some images. They are a king and three of the MAJORS, for pity's sake. It is a game deck, pure and simple.

I assume you have now gone off it ???

I HOPE so ! This is a genuine de-enable ! Even I }) would NEVER have bought it for myself, pretty though the flowers are.

However if your finger is REALLY twitchy for it, Somerville has it for less :D

You WILL regret it.

Debra

Cards are "in" today and it seems that everything that has at least 20 concepts is available as a set of cards (check your bookstores and toy stores and you'll see what I mean). Once you go from tarot to oracles to playing cards you might as well be collecting anything.

I started down that road and stopped fast. What's the point.

SolSionnach

gregory said:
It's the size of your average LS deck. The pip cards are.....

PLAYING CARDS ! :bugeyed: NO PIX OF ANY KIND.

Al the cards are double headed.

HERE are some images. They are a king and three of the MAJORS, for pity's sake. It is a game deck, pure and simple.

I assume you have now gone off it ???

I HOPE so ! This is a genuine de-enable ! Even I }) would NEVER have bought it for myself, pretty though the flowers are.

However if your finger is REALLY twitchy for it, Somerville has it for less :D

You WILL regret it.
Well, I'm in the US, so Somerville wouldn't be as good of an option.
Thanks for the link - while I do love the majors as flowers, I thought that the face cards might be in the Nouveau style. but no, just the same grumpy King as in a regular playing card deck. I HAVE BEEN SUCCESSFULLY DEENABLED!!!
Wooooo!!!! :party:
Debra said:
Cards are "in" today and it seems that everything that has at least 20 concepts is available as a set of cards (check your bookstores and toy stores and you'll see what I mean). Once you go from tarot to oracles to playing cards you might as well be collecting anything.

I started down that road and stopped fast. What's the point.
I do have a handful of playing cards that I like (I'll refrain from mentioning them here in the de-enabling thread...), but you're right. One could go absolutely nuts collecting playing cards.

So, I ordered the Thoth, and didn't order the French Nouveau tarok. (but I also ordered the on-sale Universal Wirth from TG OMG)

Selling tarots doesn't work - the paypal money just burns a hole in my pocket and I buy more. sheesh. (though I did manage to make a nice transfer to my checking before I bought any more!)

nisaba

I fpound a de-enabling post that seems like it can help me with my terrible problem. So ...

gregory said:
Now.

What was the last thing you bought ?

How did it make you feel ?
I'm sitting here guiltily with postal wrap and bubblewrap around me as evidence, and a lovely pile of the Scapini Bacchus, the Wang/Regardie GD and the Klimt deck. I'm still feeling how it made me feel. My whole body is trembling with a terrible mixture of excitement, dread, lust, satisfaction, indulgence and horror. (At my bank balance, y'understand).

gregory said:
Has the bill arrived yet ?
The money was gone long before the parcel arrived, so it's as if I never paid for it at all - these Gorgeous Things arrived, and I don't even have to pay any money. Free decks. Muahahaha! Where did I get them again? Oh yes, I remember now. Well, as long as they're giving out free decks, I'd better rush right back and get some more.

No, Nisaba! Bad girl! Down! Now!

gregory said:
Have you given it the Time AND ATTENTION IT DESERVES ?
<guilty silence as I think about the delivery not a fortnight ago, also three decks>

gregory said:
Now then. May I suggest the 78 card study. Go for it. Promise yourself you will do it for every new deck you get.

78 card study? Not a problem. <picks up new deck at random, thumbs through deck card by card, seeing every image in a few minutes> Done. Now I get to buy a new one, right? And oh, there are two other decks here, if I do them too in the next half-hour, do I get to buy three more?

gregory said:
Have a carrot :D

<Sigh> Carrots don't shuffle all that well ...

BrightEye

Bur I haven't bought a deck since before Christmas, and that wasn't even Tarot!