A new de-enabling thread

nisaba

MysticalMoose said:
Folks, I am in need of a little help....

For a while now I have been drawn to the the Medieval Scapini, it's not my usual type of thing...but for some weird reason I keep going back for another look & thinking...."shall I?"....tell me why I shouldn't!!!! :bugeyed:

MM :love: x

Because the gold in the designs is only printed, not gilded, and is really brown with orange streaks. Because the silver is only grey. Because the moment you take it out of hte box the cardstock develops a concave bend to it. Because if you have it on a public reading table, all the clients head straight for it, ignoring all the other more worthy decks.

Because Luigi Scapini has an ego the size of a small planetary system?

nisaba

MysticalMoose said:
Well thats it.....Someone take away my Visa card please. ~ I just lost all self-control.....

:bugeyed:

Soothingly> There, there. Just tell me the card number and the expiry date, and given a day or two, I'll fix it so that you'll *never* be able to buy decks with it again.

SolSionnach

nisaba said:
Soothingly> There, there. Just tell me the card number and the expiry date, and given a day or two, I'll fix it so that you'll *never* be able to buy decks with it again.
ROFL! I bet you will!

Please note: I am going out of town tomorrow, and won't be back until WEDNESDAY, Jan 28 - and I won't have internet access during that time. Don't ask me how I'm going to manage without AT....

Queen of Disks

MysticalMoose said:
Folks, I am in need of a little help....

For a while now I have been drawn to the the Medieval Scapini, it's not my usual type of thing...but for some weird reason I keep going back for another look & thinking...."shall I?"....tell me why I shouldn't!!!! :bugeyed:

MM :love: x

It has so many details that you have to sit there and let your eyes adjust before you can actually look at the cards. (Tarot of the Moon Garden is the same way.) I got the cruddy later printing and I swear the pictures are blurry.

gregory

Queen of Disks said:
I got the cruddy later printing and I swear the pictures are blurry.
They are.

Le Fanu

O the Scapini! Dated tat...

It must have looked really cutting edge in the 80s. I mean, I love gold and old and pseudo-medieval, and I was in a shop recently and they had two editions. One with a little window in the tuck-box and one without. Also (I observed) the one with the window was inexplicably much more expensive. Anyway, I came here to AT and did a search and found out about the different printings. The box with the window was - in short - an older version so I bought it (to cut a long story short.)

Got home and O it´s tacky. I have a theory (which Ive expounded before) that Scapini must be big mates with Kaplan. It is the only explanation as to why this deck found a publisher. I mean, the quality of the art just isn´t very good. And the pictures are busy. And it´s a system you have to dedicate yourself to (but judging from the post over in "decks" I think you´ve already been de-enabled).

My point; even if you can find an older printing, it is still dated tat.

MysticalMoose

cured but spent MORE! ?

Well....I have been cured & de-enabled on the Scrapini! but only because people on the thread I posted suggested 3 other decks, namely...The Estensi, Brian Williams Renaissance & Golden Botticelli...now, strangely... for some reason my mouse wouldn't seem to click on this thread so.... I bought all 3...AND weirdly the Jolanda.....

Now.....onto another deck..... several times over the past month I have ALMOST ordered the MRP Fairytale Tarot kit as I just adore my other MRP decks...anything you can say as to why I shouldnt go for it? :)

firefrost

Yea - you really do want that Scapini instead! ;) :laugh:

Le Fanu

firefrost said:
Yea - you really do want that Scapini instead! ;) :laugh:

LOL :D...

Why wouldn´t you want to buy the MRP Fairytale Tarot? Because it is the only MRP deck which isnt hard to find? Because Ive heard it´s quite complicated? Another system (again!) Because it´s the most insignificant of all the MRP decks?

I mean, really, here we are de-enabling you from a deck, while you busy yourself buying three - nay, four - others...