A new de-enabling thread

gregory

MysticalMoose said:
Now.....onto another deck..... several times over the past month I have ALMOST ordered the MRP Fairytale Tarot kit as I just adore my other MRP decks...anything you can say as to why I shouldnt go for it? :)
Yes. Buy Grimm's Fairytales instead.

WAY more stories, including some corkingly scary ones, and you can always use it for bibliomancy :D

Aerin

MysticalMoose said:
Well....I have been cured & de-enabled on the Scrapini! but only because people on the thread I posted suggested 3 other decks, namely...The Estensi, Brian Williams Renaissance & Golden Botticelli...now, strangely... for some reason my mouse wouldn't seem to click on this thread so.... I bought all 3...AND weirdly the Jolanda.....

Now.....onto another deck..... several times over the past month I have ALMOST ordered the MRP Fairytale Tarot kit as I just adore my other MRP decks...anything you can say as to why I shouldnt go for it? :)
You are naughty.

Now, Fairytale. It's no good to you if you don't a) already have a working knowledge of a fair number of Fairytales (so know your Grimm and Andersen backwards) and / or b) aren't prepared to put a whole load of time in learning
a load more you never heard of. The deck on its own is near to useless unless you have an encyclopaedic knowledge of all the tales already, so you need the kit which is dearer and THEN the deck doesn't come with a box which is annoying. Also the artwork is very different from the other decks so check it out: I didn't like it at first.

Aerin

magpie9

I was wild to get the Fairytale before it came out. I even posted on threads like "How can I live until this deck comes out in 6 months" and the like. I nearly fainted with joy when I got it. I loved the artwork.I put it in a beautiful bag. But then.....you have to know a lot of fairy tales, and a huge amount of them have to be Eastern European, and it turns out there's a huge amount of fairy tales I never heard of, and practically all of them are used in this deck. So many fairy tales, and all with itty-bitty variations on the same damn story line.
So many nice 3rd sons, spoiled princesses, nice princesses in drag living unknown lives in cesspools, and not nearly enough frogs to go around. So many fairy tales I couldn't figure out the point of. And then, with that story, why did they illustrate this point....and what's the connection with this tarot card??? WHY??
It made me feel stupid. I don't like feeling stupid. You probably don't either.

fairyhedgehog

I've given up on my Fairytale. I love fairy stories but this was just too hard to work with.

nisaba

Le Fanu said:
I mean, really, here we are de-enabling you from a deck, while you busy yourself buying three - nay, four - others...

Yes, it's a bit dishonest really, isn't it. Here we are, de-enabling in good faith, expecting our fellow-sufferer to be genuine about temptation and De-enablement, and off said fellow-sufferer goes, shopping blythely behind our backs when we're distracted by Scapini.

(I'm a huge Scapini addict. And I acknowledge every single point made about his work.)

nisaba

Aerin said:
You are naughty.

Now, Fairytale. It's no good to you if you don't a) already have a working knowledge of a fair number of Fairytales (so know your Grimm and Andersen backwards) and / or b) aren't prepared to put a whole load of time in learning
a load more you never heard of.
And, really, aren't we all really de-enabled on this one by all of us pre-owning a copy of the Whimsical Tarot? Who needs two fairytale decks when you already have the best?

I was going to give up Tarot shopping, after receiving two Tarot orders a week apart each containing three decks <chortle chortle>, and all I was waiting on was the Whispering Tarot (and really, I have no idea why I spent my money on it: if I wanted something of that style, why I couldn't I have gone the Tarot of the Elephants, or the Tarot of the Dead?). So when the postie brings that along to me, that was to be my last. For a time.

But then, I was doing a day's readings, and could I help it if they pressed a second-hand but immaculate copy of the Sacred Rose Tarot on me? In my defence, I didn't have to pay money. And it would have been rude to refuse a gift. And I Had Done Good Work, not to mention Deserved It.

So I REALLY haven't defied my de-enablement. After all, that is about buying decks, is it not? I didn't do any buying. I merely altruistically gave people the soul-deep pleasure of being generous to me. And I was good enough to remember what my Mum taught me all those years ago, and said "thank you very much". I didn't do wrong. I didn't do wrong, dammit, I didn't do wrong!

Rosanne

Who is an idiot like me?
Come on fess up......who has bought Bob Marley meets George Harrison at Yogi Bears place?

I did not listen to "its too feminine "(which IMHO it is not -is yogi bear a girl?)
I did not listen to "Pastel"...which it is not- it is mesmerising as were bathrooms in the 60's
I did not listen to "Can you do Tantric Yoga? Or Sufi Suicide?"

I should have come here- now I have to find someone who does not do Tarot to totally freak them out. Yoga rips your breasts off (5 Wands) The Fool will not last he is Ape spitting mad. 3 swords is sorrowful alright- His head is coming out his midriff. I dunno about Tarot but as cards it is fantastic. Greetings cards for the clinically depressed?- cheaper than many drugs. I have not had so much non Tarot fun in a long time.

Give me a mantra to say if idiocy strikes again.
~Rosanne
ummmmm I think I will trim it- within an inch of it's life. Or use it while reading Alice in Wonderland with a hookah in my hand.
Oops The Yoga Tarot by Adriana Farina- I would buy her Calendars in a shot.

MysticalMoose

Magpie9 said:
you have to know a lot of fairy tales, and a huge amount of them have to be Eastern European, and it turns out there's a huge amount of fairy tales I never heard of, and practically all of them are used in this deck. So many fairy tales, and all with itty-bitty variations on the same damn story line.
So many nice 3rd sons, spoiled princesses, nice princesses in drag living unknown lives in cesspools, and not nearly enough frogs to go around. So many fairy tales I couldn't figure out the point of. And then, with that story, why did they illustrate this point....and what's the connection with this tarot card??? WHY??
It made me feel stupid. I don't like feeling stupid. You probably don't either.
OK! Right you have a point here....I know a fair few traditional fairy tales, don't think I know many eastern european ones :bugeyed: & I don't really want to spend hours & hours reading books before I can read with a deck.....&.....I can feel stupid enough on my own...I don't need any assistance :p

nisaba said:
And, really, aren't we all really de-enabled on this one by all of us pre-owning a copy of the Whimsical Tarot? Who needs two fairytale decks when you already have the best

Right! That has done it, you are right! I have the Whimsical & love it, so why bother?

DE-ENABLED! :D

Thank you! :love: MM

All Is One

Rosanne said:
Who is an idiot like me?
Come on fess up......who has bought Bob Marley meets George Harrison at Yogi Bears place?

I read as far back as I could in the thread, just in case the answer was there....

What deck are we talking about here? It sounds really really awful. I think I've seen it come up on this thread before, but I need to know.

Why?

Because I just need to know. :D