A new de-enabling thread

faunabay

Jewel said:
(OK bashing baba decks is just not my thing ... that was hard to write *LOL*)
I couldn't even try! ROFL

starlightexp

Jewel said:
Why not design the Tarot of Chicago or something! *LOL*.

(OK bashing baba decks is just not my thing ... that was hard to write *LOL*)

We certinaly have the tower for it here in Chicago.

pangolin

Jewel said:
Do you really need a deck about a European city??? Why not design the Tarot of Chicago or something! *LOL*.

A Tarot of Chicago? I would totally buy that!

Oh wait, this is the de-enabling thread. Good thing the deck doesn't actually exist. :D

Jewel

gregory said:
PS - look on it as research. I have them so that I can tell you why they are awful ? Oh the sacrifices I have made on your behalf....

Look - who else owns the Power Animal ???? (I wonder if anyone else actually does.....}))
And let us not forget the "Charmed" tarot ... your all time favorite *ROFLMAO*

Jewel

starlightexp said:
We certinaly have the tower for it here in Chicago.
Well see, then what the heck do you need a deck of a European city for????

Pangolin, yes this is a de-enabling thread but not an anti-create new tarot decks thread *LOL*

thorhammer

I'm good at baba-bashing . . . too good, even for this thread. Okay, I have three of their decks, but two remain shrinkwrapped and the third never sees the light of day. I'm one of the minority who just doesn't see what the fuss is all about.

Tarot of Prague - all of what Jewel said, but with more conviction. Honestly, starlightexp, you want it because it's out of print, don't you? Do you like collage decks? Seriously? Because, being one of baba's early efforts, the collage just isn't as seamless as that for which they've become known. It is cold, it is stiff and unapproachable and stilted. It will always make you feel uncomfortable. Basically, if you don't live there, you shouldn't get it. It's an elitist tourism plug, an exercise in self-congratulation for being residents of the city . . . not a Tarot deck.

You set the bar when you purchased that Pam A (?) . . . now you've got a reputation for being a discerning Tarotist to uphold. Just coz it's OOP doesn't mean it's a must-have.

Karen, Alex - nothing personal, you know :)

\m/ Kat

gregory

Jewel said:
And let us not forget the "Charmed" tarot ... your all time favorite *ROFLMAO*
The Power Animal is actually worse. I hate to admit it, but.....

SolSionnach

gregory said:
I thought you'd make a good yoga pose.....
Ahh. You mean the incredible human pretzel called the sravanasana?

re: ToP - just plain ugly. Disjointed images, not nearly as well collaged as their subsequent decks.
Look here: http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/prague/

Look at that magician card. Simply ugly color work! Way too contrasty (vs. the BBC, where many cards don't have enough contrast), and so static.

Judgment? I guess the angel is from a stained glass window, but it looks like it's giving you a 'come-hither' glance.

10 cups has cartoon characters in the foreground, how does that fit in with the great statuary of Prague?

I don't have this deck, and absolutely don't want it.

thorhammer

And Death's noble steed resembles nothing so much as a . . . dodo? :confused:

\m/ Kat

nicky

thorhammer said:
You set the bar when you purchased that Pam A (?) . . . now you've got a reputation for being a discerning Tarotist to uphold. Just coz it's OOP doesn't mean it's a must-have.

Karen, Alex - nothing personal, you know :)

\m/ Kat

But if we can get him to purchase more and more decks perhaps he will have to give me the Pamela A to open up some room...

and how did gregory get in a de-enabling thread? LOL !