A new de-enabling thread

magpie9

nicky said:
and how did gregory get in a de-enabling thread? LOL !
She does a fantastic job serving as a very vocal bad example....and who knows better about too many decks than her?:joke:

nicky

magpie9 said:
She does a fantastic job serving as a very vocal bad example....and who knows better about too many decks than her?:joke:

You know what they say 'If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning'

LOL!
Nicky

gregory

Horrible warning has also done some excellent work here.... }) I am good at playing devil's advocate.

BUY THE CHARMED; you'll LOVE it ! :love:

....actually it is now unobtainable.... er ... BUY THE POWER ANIMAL, it's FAB !!!

Though please don't ask about the de la Rea.... I have the artist's very own e-mail :bugeyed:

cardlady22

Jewel said:
Do you really need a deck about a European city??? Why not design the Tarot of Chicago or something!

Oh, no! Don't feed the marketing dogs. I had this vision of a new line of tarot decks . . . has anyone seen all the "customized" versions of Monopoly?!?! *cringe, shudder*

starlightexp

thorhammer said:
I'm good at baba-bashing . . . too good, even for this thread. Okay, I have three of their decks, but two remain shrinkwrapped and the third never sees the light of day. I'm one of the minority who just doesn't see what the fuss is all about.

Tarot of Prague - all of what Jewel said, but with more conviction. Honestly, starlightexp, you want it because it's out of print, don't you? Do you like collage decks? Seriously? Because, being one of baba's early efforts, the collage just isn't as seamless as that for which they've become known. It is cold, it is stiff and unapproachable and stilted. It will always make you feel uncomfortable. Basically, if you don't live there, you shouldn't get it. It's an elitist tourism plug, an exercise in self-congratulation for being residents of the city . . . not a Tarot deck.

You set the bar when you purchased that Pam A (?) . . . now you've got a reputation for being a discerning Tarotist to uphold. Just coz it's OOP doesn't mean it's a must-have.

Karen, Alex - nothing personal, you know :)

\m/ Kat

OK I think I'm over it. . . .whew...thanks guys :)

gregory

starlightexp said:
OK I think I'm over it. . . .whew...thanks guys :)
Good god - it's YOU. :bugeyed:

You mean your bank manager will let you buy ANYTHING ELSE EVER ?????

Look at your last statement - surely that is deenabling enough.

nicky

gregory said:
Though please don't ask about the de la Rea.... I have the artist's very own e-mail :bugeyed:

I want that deck sooooooooooooooo bad... perfecto deck

Jewel

gregory said:
The Power Animal is actually worse. I hate to admit it, but.....
Ohhhhhhhhhhh my ........ I must go check that one out *LOL*. Or are you just secretly warming up to the Charmed? *ROFLMAO*

Cat*

nicky said:
I want that deck sooooooooooooooo bad... perfecto deck
Well, posting this in HERE means you'll get an automatic de-enabling response. :D

The de la Rea looks like silk-painting gone wrong. On sheets of paper that had been used to wipe the artist's watercolor paintbrush. And then the creator tried to make up for it by emptying all their golden sharpie pens onto the card images. No wonder the water in the Ace of Cups looks like a wet blue cloth draped over the edge of the goblet. Probably fun to make (who doesn't like to play around with materials like that?) but certainly not "perfecto" in either art or content.

Feel better? })

Jewel

thorhammer said:
I'm good at baba-bashing . . . too good, even for this thread. Okay, I have three of their decks, but two remain shrinkwrapped and the third never sees the light of day. I'm one of the minority who just doesn't see what the fuss is all about.

Tarot of Prague - all of what Jewel said, but with more conviction.
Yeah well it does not take much to have more conviction than me when it comes to baba deck de-enabling *LOL*. If you don't like yours I would be more than happy to take them off your hands. Just trying to help out you know! :D