A new de-enabling thread

gregory

Jewel said:
Ohhhhhhhhhhh my ........ I must go check that one out *LOL*. Or are you just secretly warming up to the Charmed? *ROFLMAO*
No. Just DO look. I scanned it for this very place. It is JUST DREADFUL. The Charmed has not improved, just been surpassed for sheer awfulness....

Le Fanu

Did I hear the word "unavailable"??

Can someone post a link to the Charmed just in case I want it?

Le Fanu

Well that worked. No threat to my Thoth studies there...

nicky

They appear to be designed by Belthazor

SolSionnach

HALP! HALP!

I've got my finger on the "buy now" button at amazon, for the Tarot of 1001 Nights!!!

Pleeeeeease de-enable me! I'm putting it in my shopping cart, but won't buy it until I'm de-enabled!

(somehow that didn't come out right...) ;)

Debra

de la Rea

nicky said:
I want that deck sooooooooooooooo bad... perfecto deck

No you don't. This deck is cold as ice. It lacks heart and humor.

You, nicky, are an Earth Goddess (subspecies: shopping mall). Warm heart. Funny. It will freeze your bones.

sapienza

sravana said:
HALP! HALP!

I've got my finger on the "buy now" button at amazon, for the Tarot of 1001 Nights!!!

Pleeeeeease de-enable me! I'm putting it in my shopping cart, but won't buy it until I'm de-enabled!

(somehow that didn't come out right...) ;)

This is a tough one for me to de-enable but I'll give it a go.

Firstly, the images are WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY too small. The border takes up most of the card and so although the artwork is beautiful to look at, it's too small to take advantage of the gorgeous detail. I love it, but I've NEVER used it to read with because it's impossible to see well enough. You really need a magnifying glass.

Second, as with most of the LS decks the LWB is VERY brief and doesn't include any information on the actual pictures that are on each card, really just divinatory meanings. In another thread I read people complaining that they'd like a companion book for the deck to read up more on the stories from 1001 nights and how they linked to the cards. Ric from LS replied (from memory so don't quote me on this) basically saying that this deck had been put together just based on the images, not the stories. So, really they've just picked the picture that most seemed to fit with the traditional meaning of the card rather than it having any relevance to the actual story that the picture was an illustration of. I hope that makes sense.

Long story short, not really much depth to the deck, just a lot of pretty (OK, gorgeous) pictures that are too small to fully appreciate and way too small to acutally do a reading with.

I love this deck. But, at the end of the day it causes me to feel sad because every time I look at it I wish the pictures were bigger and lament the fact that I really can't use it for readings. So I put it back in it's box, until the next time I get it out and feel the same sad feelings.

OK...I'll stop now. Just don't buy it ok :D

SolSionnach

sapienza said:
This is a tough one for me to de-enable but I'll give it a go.

Firstly, the images are WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY too small... You really need a magnifying glass.

Second, as with most of the LS decks the LWB is VERY brief and doesn't include any information on the actual pictures that are on each card, really just divinatory meanings... Ric from LS replied (from memory so don't quote me on this) basically saying that this deck had been put together just based on the images, not the stories. So, really they've just picked the picture that most seemed to fit with the traditional meaning of the card rather than it having any relevance to the actual story that the picture was an illustration of. I hope that makes sense.

I love this deck. But, at the end of the day it causes me to feel sad because every time I look at it I wish the pictures were bigger and lament the fact that I really can't use it for readings. So I put it back in it's box, until the next time I get it out and feel the same sad feelings.

OK...I'll stop now. Just don't buy it ok :D
I'm about 98% deenabled by this, sapienza. I had noticed the h.u.g.e. borders online, and thought that was a bit much - perhaps that was because the artwork didn't fit the usual LS dimensions?

Then reading that they chose the images to match traditional (RWS?) meanings - oh barf.

And the deck makes you sad all the time? I have enough melancholy times, I certainly don't need a deck to make me even MORE melancholy.

Anyone want to do that last 2%?