nisaba said:
BAD Gregory! <spank! spank! spank!>
gregory brightens up.

That was fun :D }) Do come again.....

Cat*

gregory said:
gregory brightens up.

That was fun :D }) Do come again.....
*lol* I'll volunteer if you ever need a spanking to teach you what will happen if you ever enable someone else to buy a deck by de-enabling them. Or just a general "you'll know what it's for" spanking. Just let me know. I'll be over here with my spoon. :D })

SolSionnach

Promise said:
Walk the poodle instead.
You know, grrl, that's a very good suggestion. ...notices that the weather is glorious today...
thorhammer said:
I'd second almost everything sapienza said :) For the last two . . . the meanings don't follow traditional ones so it really does leave you hanging. The World, for instance is utterly baffling :rolleyes: and the Tower (from memory) has been replaced by a card named Danger, featuring a giant snake menacing a man trying to climb up a mountain of crystals. I ask you! WTF???
Oh, it *doesn't* even follow RWS meanings? Hm. I :heart: snakes greatly, so calling it Danger doesn't appeal to me at all.
gregory said:
It's all borders and no pix. You really DO need a magnifying glass for this one. If they bring out a mini, I will probably shoot myself.
LOL. Greggers, I hope you'll re-think that vow - it certainly wouldn't be worth it!
nisaba said:
Didn't you notice the original poster said they wouldn't buy it UNTIL THEY'D BEEN DE-ENABLED???
I wondered when someone would notice that! lol
nisaba said:
Oh, and I noticed that your de-enablement didn't include that they'd have to rush out and buy classical music, Rimski-Korsakov's Sheherazade, because it is programme music to specifically go with the story-cycle that the deck is based on, and no one will ever be able to use it without the right music?
Actually, I'm a classical musician, so Scheherazade is already in my CD collection. However, I don't particularly like it! I absolutely cannot imagine trying to read to that music - Gregory is right, it's way too noisy... not to mention that my ex is a violinist, and all those slippy-slidey violin solos would remind me of him. :rolleyes:
Le Fanu said:
O and nobody mentioned the card backs. For why? Here´s that last 20%;

Yep, you guessed, it those topsy turvy top/bottom LoS duplications of another card. In this case it is the Wheel of Fortune, which - while we´re on the subject of irrelevant - is a pond...
Well, with that I'm now 118% de-enabled (as I was already 98% de-enabled after sapienza's post. I cannot ABIDE those LS backs. :( What in heaven's name are they thinking with that?

Okay, I've been 118% de-enabled, and I just deleted it from my Amazon shopping cart. High fives all around! :party:

sapienza

Excellent. I think a pat on the back to all de-enablers for this one...we did good! And especially Le Fanu with the backs.....I hadn't even thought of that and yet that is without doubt the icing on the de-enabling cake!

nisaba

sravana said:
Originally Posted by nisaba
Didn't you notice the original poster said they wouldn't buy it UNTIL THEY'D BEEN DE-ENABLED???

I wondered when someone would notice that!

Actually, go back through the thread. You'll find, plain for everyone to see, the exact *instant* when I noticed it. It was the millisecond when I decided not to de-enable you. <grin>

sravana said:
lolActually, I'm a classical musician, so Scheherazade is already in my CD collection. However, I don't particularly like it!

Me too, and me too. I find him a bit annoying at the best of times - he does something odd with violins that no one else does and which I really, really don't like. Can't pick what it is, though, and I'm not motivated enough to buy a schore and read along with the music to the annoying bits. And that slimy figure he uses for the girl! Urgh. (And it wasn't Rimski-Korsakov, was it - Richard Strauss is coming to the fore? Of course, I *could* always look at the CD.)

sravana said:
Okay, I've been 118% de-enabled, and I just deleted it from my Amazon shopping cart. High fives all around! :party:

<cackle>

gregory

nisaba said:
(And it wasn't Rimski-Korsakov, was it - Richard Strauss is coming to the fore? Of course, I *could* always look at the CD.)
It was SO old Rip-yer-corsets off.

Signed: music graduate.

I quite like it - but NOT for reading to !

nisaba

<innocently> You'd prefer to rip corsets off to it?

gregory

nisaba said:
<innocently> You'd prefer to rip corsets off to it?
And what would THAT de-enable anyone from ???? }) (well, pretty much anything actually; you'd all run for cover.....)

*stashes the thought in arsenal for future use....*

SolSionnach

sapienza said:
Excellent. I think a pat on the back to all de-enablers for this one...we did good! And especially Le Fanu with the backs.....I hadn't even thought of that and yet that is without doubt the icing on the de-enabling cake!
Yep - that bit about the backs took the cake (with or without icing!). :thumbsup: to Le Fanu!

Jewel

gregory said:
No. Just DO look. I scanned it for this very place. It is JUST DREADFUL. The Charmed has not improved, just been surpassed for sheer awfulness....
Link please ... I need a good laugh today ... it has been one heck of day. So rough I might even be tempted *LOL*