A new de-enabling thread

BrightEye

Your bank account will be your new best friend if you resist. And your house won't be unnecessarily cluttered.

nisaba

Gotta point about my bank account. But I can't help feeling guilty about planning to deliberately bankrupt certain on-line tarot shops ...

As for the clutter, that's about the WORST bit of de-enabling I've ever seen! It's not decks that clutter my house! No, with the sole exception of my constant companion, they all live in a *huge* wicker basket on a kitchen table that has little room for anything else. Neatness personnified. They seem to be quite good at community living.

(BTW, does anyone have a gi-normous wicker basket for sale or trade?)

BrightEye

I never really tried to de-enable. In my opinion, you have far too few decks for a serious collection. But it's the wrong thread for that.

moderndayruth

BrightEye said:
I never really tried to de-enable. In my opinion, you have far too few decks for a serious collection. But it's the wrong thread for that.

What de-enabling are we talking about? Nisaba, you have what, less than fifty decks???!!! :bugeyed: :eek: Awww.... :(

:D })

fairyhedgehog

Nisaba - You've got plenty of decks already. If you go through them and decide which ones you don't need, you can trade them and have some new (to you) decks to play with.

The added bonus is the contact with wonderful ATers. It's much better than buying new decks, you don't increase your collection and you don't need a bigger wicker basket.

The online shops will manage without you.

You won't feel guilty and your bank balance will be happy.

You will still have the thrill of getting to know different decks.

You know it makes sense!

SolSionnach

Nisaba,
I would *kill* to only have 38 decks.
I've bought and sold over 120 decks in my time - and practically every blasted one of them at a loss. The couple that went for more than I paid for them do *not* make up for the scads of others.

Most decks are trash. Stick with the ones you have and really *learn* them. You won't regret it like I do.

karen0205

sravana said:
Nisaba,
I would *kill* to only have 38 decks.
I've bought and sold over 120 decks in my time - and practically every blasted one of them at a loss. The couple that went for more than I paid for them do *not* make up for the scads of others.

Most decks are trash. Stick with the ones you have and really *learn* them. You won't regret it like I do.

I agree with you Sravana, I have really thinned my decks down to the ones
that I think I am really going to use for readings. I still have too many but I
go through them all the time and try to weed a few more out.

moderndayruth

Guys, you are getting too reasonable, all of you... What's this? :mad:
"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man." George Bernard Shaw

(And, fairyhedgehog, moreso the progress of online shops! :D)

Shhhh...I have less than thirty Tarot decks myself... :shhh:

fairyhedgehog

This is the de-enabling thread, isn't it? Am I in the right place?

gregory

It certainly is. What ARE you all doing ?

OK I am on dial up, but I have to intervene here. We do not need, or wish to know how many decks you have. (Trust me on this one....)

We do not need any more decks. Hell - I was in a store the other day and managed not to buy one (I always wanted it in a tin.... but I resisted....)

EVEN I managed. :bugeyed: (such a PRETTY tin, too......)

(And I do like to suuport small local businesses.... :()

So what the hell is going on ? Who cares what you have ? We only want to know what you want not to have and reasons why not to get it.

To thin your collection - PM me and I will send you an address where you can send your leftovers..... Be brave. Dispose. BUY NOT. And stop with the I only have this many.

I am boiling noodles to slap all of you with..... :mad: