A new de-enabling thread

cardlady22

MM, we are sending the men-in-black. Their ray guns will zap all your decks into a portable black-hole. And an especially egregious quirk will be placed on your character sheet: all money (in any form) that comes into your sphere of influence will congeal into wet noodles that smell of beef flavor.

MysticalMoose

*sob*......*snifffff*

Nooo, I'm sorry, I don't know what happened, the zombie from the BoGo Judgement card made me do it & the Knight of Swords was staring imperiously from my black spread cloth &...& ...& it all just got too much, see what happens when you get this deck :bugeyed:

:p

gregory

No you don't like the BoHoGo. Unless you like not being able to see the pix without the help of the book. BLOODY NUISANCE. :mad:

Le Fanu

gregory said:
Nope. I tried that when people asked where I stored mine..... they just got all excited that there were ways to store so many..... and started discussing wicker chests and so on.

LOL. :D :D :D O human nature does make me laugh! And I speak as one who is getting a deck in a trade that I already have. O where does it all stop? :bugeyed:

Ive also got to the stage where I can´t actually keep updating my profile as the decks are coming thick and fast and I get behind myself. There´s hardly time to ecstatically inhale the post-cellophane heady fumes of a new deck before I receive another...

But I think thorhammer is spot on in her de-enabling of the Deviant Moon. yes, very much a missed chance (imagine that with a seriously matt cardstock). The ultimate insult to a deck, and it pains me to say this, but the DM is a deck which I just keep forgetting I have. If I look at it I know it is interesting, but I pop it back in its bag and forget all about it all over again. Months go by and I reach for any deck except that one, then a week later think "O I could have used the DM". Then forget about it for another two months.

The Dark Grimore is just faddy. I have a real thing about these decks where you have to study literature in order to be able to "get" it. If you don´t know Lovecraft, forget it. No matter what they all say over in the other thread. It´s an "in the club" deck. Are you in the Lovecraft club? Have you done your homework? Im a compulsive buyer and even Ive skipped over that one...
There are better, trendier ways to "do" dark...

swimming in tarot

LeFanu (most recently) et al:

If the BOGO (what, that doesn't stand for Buy One, Get One?) is hard to read, or learn from, and is just an ambiguous tableau, that's a good disincentive. It might be fun for stimulating the story-telling juices for Hallowe'en tale-telling contests, but not much more, you're suggesting?
The Dark Grimoire? I don't know if I've ever read anything of Lovecraft's (strange name for his field), but I was hoping that the cards would sort of illustrate the reversals of the usual positive meanings of the other decks; show the perversion of those meanings, for an armchair education in psychopathology, rather than for readings.
Deviant Moon...what do you mean, it's plastic? You mean the faces, or the cards? I went to the artist's website from this one, and his work was gorgeous. Do you mean, his original art is gorgeous, and USG shinied and cheapened it? AAAAAACK!

(Oh, and to the lady who told me to enjoy the decks I have, and put off the spree for a few months, that's good advice--just like my mother would give. But, I no longer put on a sweater when she feels chilly, and don't eat spinach every day! So, Mom-advice doesn't go as far as it used to, I'm afraid.)

Le Fanu

I was actually maintaining quite a pointed (nay, dignified) silence on de-enabling someone from the Bohemian Gothic.

Didn´t you notice? ;)

thorhammer

swimming in tarot said:
Deviant Moon...what do you mean, it's plastic? You mean the faces, or the cards? I went to the artist's website from this one, and his work was gorgeous. Do you mean, his original art is gorgeous, and USG shinied and cheapened it? AAAAAACK!
Precisely. If it's ever reprinted/reproduced so that those incredibly detailed images don't come out all dotty and grainy, and the cardstock/lamination isn't so shiny and plastic (think credit cards), then it might be worth having.

\m/ Kat

Debra

swimming in tarot said:
(Oh, and to the lady who told me to enjoy the decks I have, and put off the spree for a few months, that's good advice--just like my mother would give. But, I no longer put on a sweater when she feels chilly, and don't eat spinach every day! So, Mom-advice doesn't go as far as it used to, I'm afraid.)

That was me.

I'm no lady and I'm definitely not a mother. :p

Ok, throw away your sweater and your vitamin pills. Take your money and blow it on a really good time with lots of dangerous substances, fast cars, and loose friends. If you don't have any of these, wave your money around and some will materialize. You'll wake up one morning with your tidy little collection of decks you already have, and you'll remember that "lost week" for the rest of your life.

swimming in tarot

Thanks to all! I'll think I'll wait for a matte reissue.
De-enabling job well done! :)

cardlady22

Finally! Let's all meet for drinks . . .