A new de-enabling thread

fairyhedgehog

Reading about the Faerie in here I got all interested and visited a thread about it and looked at pictures and now I want it.

Chronata

fairyhedgehog said:
Reading about the Faerie in here I got all interested and visited a thread about it and looked at pictures and now I want it.

No you don't.

I thought the exact same thing...
Look! it's all pretty and shiny and light and fluffy! and I love pretty and fluffy!

Trust me...it's all glamour...
It's the ultimate Cotton Candy of tarot.

And after about two handfulls of cotton candy you realize just how awful and sweet it is, and how it's gonna rot your teeth.

I held this deck and shuffled it, and even tried a reading with it....and there's nothing to it.
I mean it's empty of anything but pretty happy colors and wings.

Like thorhammer says...it gives a new meaning to Shallow.

magpie9

It's inane. Did I mention inane? It makes Disney films look Deep. Lots of Pretty Wings....get a butterfly mobile for your house instead. If you try to work with it you will become very frustrated and mad at yourself for throwing money away. You will spend time you could use for many happy things in your life trying to figure out how to use the cards, either to read or for crafty projects. You will feel humiliated.
Personally, I think there actually are faeries, and they have a lot of self-respect. I think decks like these insult them, and they take action against them. They can't keep them from being printed---all that cold Iron..but they can hex them so they are unreadable, unusable, and yet strangely attractive. Ask yourselves what you have done lately to Piss Off the Faeries. Then apologize for dis-respecting them and any other wrong thing you might have done. Leave a little something out for them as reparation, and check your inner buyer. With any luck at all, you won't want this deck anymore. And remember, the Faeries don't like it when you thank them, so don't.

Le Fanu

Chronata said:
it's all pretty and shiny and light and fluffy!Trust me...it's all glamour...

No it´s not. It´s utter cr*p.

SolSionnach

Le Fanu said:
Wow, Rog - you're sounding like Mags these days!

FWIW, I looked at it and almost wanted it - me of Thoth and Historical Decks (tm) - and then I thought 'waaah???" no way!

superfrogsavestokyo

I want to pick up the Robin Wood deck as well as some random tarot decks that I see on a daily basis. ((I work at a Borders....)) I don't want to get anymore decks because I have several that I don't use and feel guilty about. But I have an employee discount, and we're well stocked...

Then there's the Lunatic Tarot which is driving me, well... looney. Not only do I like the images, I was well aware of the artist through lusting over illustration books. :( It's pulling me by two of my favorite interests at the same time.

Please someone, anyone... Help!!!

Debra

Can you get a job somewhere else?

;)

superfrogsavestokyo

I wish I could, but I'm going to school full time. They are really flexible when it comes to scheduling and a nice place to work. :) No matter how many times I look at different jobs, they're the most convenient.

It would help if my general manager didn't tempt me. ;) Reminding me of coupons coming out that I could use. I swear that store gets most of it's money back by hiring people who love books and other things that the store sells.

gregory

superfrogsavestokyo said:
I want to pick up the Robin Wood deck as well as some random tarot decks that I see on a daily basis. ((I work at a Borders....)) I don't want to get anymore decks because I have several that I don't use and feel guilty about. But I have an employee discount, and we're well stocked...

Then there's the Lunatic Tarot which is driving me, well... looney. Not only do I like the images, I was well aware of the artist through lusting over illustration books. :( It's pulling me by two of my favorite interests at the same time.
The Lunatic Tarot is the STINKIEST deck I have ever bought in my entire life. It smelt so FOUL that I had to leave it in a box of scented candles for over a month.... Now I don't dare open it in case the stench is back....

Robin Wood - get the book and forget the deck :D

- and then get a new job, like she says ! In Home Depot ! there are only so many nails and toilets a girl needs !

Essjay

Le Fanu said:

Lol, AND the fairy on the front cover (which is cute and quirky) doesn't appear in the deck.